Do You Have a Roving Eye? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #21

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
If I had the loose change to buy a new trailer, I'd take that money and have someone upgrade my UH baby. Hmmm, start with with in-wall insulation, a new paint job including the frame (maybe frame becomes black metalflake...YEAH, BLACK METALFLAKE!). I'd have the floor redone, and new solid surface counter top....oh if wishes were fishes.... but I really don't have a big yen for a different camper
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hummm. Dreaming is free, right?

Let's see if I could have anything it would be a perfect Bigfoot Silver Cloud. But, then I'd have to buy a bigger truck. Since I'd have the truck, I would want someone else to drive it. How about a Cabana Boy/Driver?

Okay, that's out.

hummm. I really like the Airstream Eddie Bauer. But it's HUGE and HEAVY and ALUMINUM. I'd still need that big truck and the Cabana Boy/Driver. Besides, my friends own eggs and I want to camp with them and not feel like I'm sleeping in tin foil.

So... back to the Escape 5.0 or can't wait to see the new 21' at the Oregon Gathering!!

What I don't want is a big ole bus or moho... no matter how cute the Cabana Boy/Driver is
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Pam love the idea of black metalflake on the frame....got me thinking my frame needs repainting ;-)

Donna I love the Cabana Boy/driver idea.... hummmm

dont worry if you were to go to something big and shiny as a few camping buddies have it doesnt mean you couldnt still camp with your fiberglass friends. Our little group likes it when the big trailer shows up - means we have someplace big we can all fit into and play cards if the weather turns ;-))
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #24

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Now, I know what you trailer polygamists will say. Just buy a bunch of them and use them as you see fit.
Fiber Stream and I have been traveling together for 9 years. The old girl has packed on a lot of poundage in that time and is high maintenance, always demanding little baubles to keep her happy.

An earlier quick relationship has re-entered my life, and Compact Jr is eager to strip down and get intimate with me. This fling is just for fun and excitement and I want to expose how sexy she looks to me.

I have to keep them separated, and Compact Jr keeps pouting that I'm not spending enough time with her. But... I just cannot break up with Fiber Stream. We share so much history.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #25

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
We really like our new Scamp, but I must say I reallylike the little U-hauls (just can't find one). Tom, when you are ready to sell...let me know!
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
My boler my 1st love ,my 4500 my main squeez , and my 13burro is my fun thing on the side I guess I like variety and i still have a roving eye hope my DW doesn't read this
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #27

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
While I also look at every RV that comes across my path and that I love my Biggar, I have recently seen a 28 ft Leocraft motorhome that I could love just as much as my Biggar. It looks like it was built in the 70's but I like it.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #28

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

How about a Cabana Boy/Driver?
Okay that is out

Why? I think a Cabana Boy is the way to go, hell with dreaming, I see nothing wrong with the real thing! .............
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #29

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Definitely yes. I'd love a 13 foot Bigfoot. Or a Lil Snoozy. Or an Escape. Once I no longer have a garage limitation I may start seriously looking at other trailers. Though ideally it would still pull with a relatively small vehicle.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #30

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
This thread is hilarious!!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #31

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Why? I think a Cabana Boy is the way to go, hell with dreaming, I see nothing wrong with the real thing! .............
I am with you Robin!! Only problem is I am having troubles getting my SO to understand what the role of what a Cabana Boy is suppose to be!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #32

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
While I also look at every RV that comes across my path and that I love my Biggar,
What you trying to say Marina? Biggar is better?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #33

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Fiber Stream and I have been traveling together for 9 years. The old girl has packed on a lot of poundage in that time and is high maintenance, always demanding little baubles to keep her happy.

An earlier quick relationship has re-entered my life, and Compact Jr is eager to strip down and get intimate with me. This fling is just for fun and excitement and I want to expose how sexy she looks to me.

I have to keep them separated, and Compact Jr keeps pouting that I'm not spending enough time with her. But... I just cannot break up with Fiber Stream. We share so much history.
Umm....wow... Dude, that is hot. I almost forgot about the fibreglass.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #34

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Umm....wow... Dude, that is hot. I almost forgot about the fibreglass.
ALRIGHT, this is a family friendly forum... keep it clean

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #35

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
If someone has found the right thing for them, or making a new-to-them trailer "right" (customization, repair...) is not worth the effort for any gained features, then it doesn't make sense to change, but I would always be open to change that has net benefit to me. We get attached to our things, but they're just things!

A trend I see is that the people most interested in any kind of thing (car, trailer, computer...) have a lot of them, either sequentially or simultaneously - it's not that they don't like the ones they have, it's just that getting a different one gives them another opportunity to explore possibilities. The "had the same one and only one for decades" enthusiast seems to be the exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I did see one trailer that I thought would be fun to have in addition to the Scamp. It was an early Soro Scotty 13'. The couple that owned it said they had a few more. It's main attraction would the head turning effect.
That sounds pretentious to me... but if that's your priority, I say go for it!
Personally, I would rather have a "sleeper": only I know what it really is. Someone asked me why I - a car enthusiast - was driving a tan station wagon; I explained that the chassis under it was the same as the red hatchback of the same model, and that from behind the wheel the colour and the shape of the back didn't matter. I want a car for me, not for those looking at me.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #36

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Admittedly, I'm new at this. I/we let our eyes rove until we found what we thought was the perfect unit for us. Don't want to make the bed? Use the side dinette. More storage than we know what to do with. (We were backpackers in a former life.) Two roof vents, heat, air, 3 way frig and back flow preventers in all drains - stuff will end up on the roof before it pools in the shower pan. Window that tilt out so we can leave them open in the rain. Ask me in a year or two, but I'm not looking.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #37

Name: George
Trailer: 16' Scamp SD, TV: Tacoma 4cyl
Northern Wisconsin
I'm with Brian, years of minimalist camping has left me in awe of my new Scamp, it's a great tent. The only concern is that I can't go where I used to and am confined to camp grounds, but age is catching up and one must adapt as best as one can.
George Nagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #38

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I am with you Robin!! Only problem is I am having troubles getting my SO to understand what the role of what a Cabana Boy is suppose to be!

You could always hire one!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #39

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
You could always hire one!
What Donna said.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #40

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Well I'm always looking,,afterall I'm a MAN!!
But, took so damn long to train the one I've got
don't know if I have enough time and patience
for another. Besides,Bigger tug,Bigger tow, bigger tug, bigger tow
then one night you think, wheres the fun in this?
I'm gonna go find a Boler, you know one of those little ones,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote