Do you proofread your posts? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #41

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile You win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Leski View Post
Sometimes when reading bad writing I wanna Burro my head in my hands. Justifying bad spelling Escapes me. Missing capitalization, wrong hyphen-ing, is like U-Hauling my BigFoot to a Boler alley without Oxygen while Lil Snoozy Play Pac's with Oliver in that Scamp's Fiber Stream.

But, many Parkliners Love those Bugs. I must be in a Compact Cloud.
Myron, you win a bouquet of Trilliums for this submission.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #42

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #43

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I try to. I agree with Donna D. I do see on other forums where some attempt to devour someone for a misspelling or a long paragraph. I always think they need to get a life if they have nothing better to do, and I tell them what I think about their approach. It is especially rewarding if the one doing the correcting has a mistake in their post. The "devil" insists that I point that out to them! Sometimes the "devil" just overpowers my better judgment.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #44

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
wlel skopen Mkie. I raed torguhh yuor psot qilukcy olny a ltilte turbloe wtih one wrod - slelinpg!

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #45

Texas
schlep or schlepp also shlep (shlp) Slang v. schlepped also shlepped, schlep·ping or schlepp·ing also shlep·ping, schleps or schlepps also shleps
v.tr. To carry clumsily or with difficulty; lug: schlepped a shopping bag around town.

v.intr. To move slowly or laboriously: schlepped around with the twins in a stroller.

n.1. An arduous journey.
2. A clumsy or stupid person.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #46

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Yowch!! ...Roger, I Casita trillium reasons why this forum is so loved.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #47

Texas
I was a Lil Snoozy when I wrote that but at least I didn't put my Biggar Big Foot into my mouth despite the Scamp that I am. Whew running out of Oxygen and my head is feeling Miti-lite like I am in a Cloud. So I will stop while I am ahead.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 07-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #48

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I like the rabbit trails this takes when this subject comes up.

Glad creativity isn't required to have an egg.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #49

Texas
If the Docs cut off my internet access again I wont be able to contribute anymore.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 07-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #50

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
I get irritated with thread trolls who bash people for spelling and/or grammar. To me it's bullying. Proper or not we all say things kinda different. It honestly makes me feel bad for the person that spelled or said something wrong when they get corrected by a perfectionist. Obviously we all can read or write or we wouldn't even be on here. I have my share of 'duh' on here....i'm even learning the fiberglassrv lingo. I kid you not...it took me reading an entire thread to realize that TV was tow vehicle and not a fancy flat screen in the corner of the rig

i'll get there one day

Nope...i didn't proof this
Old 07-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #51

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Well said, Kim...
Old 07-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #52

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
I agree with you Kim, Donna, and several others. I won't apologize for my bad spelling or my grammar. I've seen it on my quilting boards where people knock everybody else. A few had hurt feelings and left the site because of it. There is no excuse for being a bully. If you don't like someone's post... Just move on and get over it.
God's Country, Minnesota
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #53

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
If you read the OP, I believe you will find that there is no criticism of others' spelling or grammar.
Often, the spell-check changes words and sometimes makes a sentence incomprehensible. It is a simple check to proofread your post to make sure it says what you intend it to say.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #54

SouthEast
Registry
Guess i should have just answered no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
If you read the OP, I believe you will find that there is no criticism of others' spelling or grammar.
Often, the spell-check changes words and sometimes makes a sentence incomprehensible. It is a simple check to proofread your post to make sure it says what you intend it to say.
....thread got off track.

Noooo i didn't mean to imply anyone here was critisizing if i did. It was totally just my opinion. In fact when i made my intro in the intro thread i put something like 'ignore my mistakes i'm not duh i'm just in a hurry or using an iphone or ipad'.

I try to proof just to make sure it makes sense. AND funny as it sounds i also proof sometimes to make sure i don't say something rude to someone. I frequent and am a member of a weight loss site...OMG those people are brutal bullies. I know they run people off.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #55

Name: Bernard
Trailer: 2007 uhaul ct13
Quebec
I try to re-read all my posts and make correction as i go.

That said English is my second language so i might be adapting french words to english here and there...i'm also a bit dislexic so letters get mixed up when i type on a keyboard, everything is there but not in the right order...
Combine that with the ipad keyboard giving me troubles, its a constant struggle for me.

My goal is to make a sentence that is understandable without obvious mistakes like double or reversed letters and such. It is also the rule we follow on a other forum where I am a Moderator.

my friends on faceboook makes fun of me saying my ipad is missing letters!

Bernard
tartosuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #56

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
When I originally posed the question I wasn't being critical. Sometimes I proofread mine and sometimes I don't. Upon certain occasions when I proofread my posts I find that I haven't come close to saying what I wanted to say. Makes me wonder what I might have said in posts that I haven't proofread. I've had more than a few duh moments. I've read some of those from others too. We all do/say stupid things at one time or another. I may not be the brightest bulb in the lamp but I'm bright enough that my parents called me son.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #57

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
LOL

My brain dictates way faster than my fingers type.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #58

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kd_ View Post
I get irritated with thread trolls who bash people for spelling and/or grammar. To me it's bullying. Proper or not we all say things kinda different. It honestly makes me feel bad for the person that spelled or said something wrong when they get corrected by a perfectionist. Obviously we all can read or write or we wouldn't even be on here. I have my share of 'duh' on here....i'm even learning the fiberglassrv lingo. I kid you not...it took me reading an entire thread to realize that TV was tow vehicle and not a fancy flat screen in the corner of the rig

i'll get there one day

Nope...i didn't proof this
When this happens to someone, I tend to 'climb in their corner' and let them know that I'm on their side. I don't try to beat back the perfectionist troll, I just try to deflect the bullying.
....because Two is Stronger then One Is, as I always says.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #59

SouthEast
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post

When this happens to someone, I tend to 'climb in their corner' and let them know that I'm on their side. I don't try to beat back the perfectionist troll, I just try to deflect the bullying.
....because Two is Stronger then One Is, as I always says.
Exactly

Sometimes typos are just honestly funny lol. And I definitely accept a haha and a finger pointing. Esp with texting. It can be hilarious!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #60

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
I often have to spell out words to husband only after having to write them down. Brain fade. The sad one is was when my children came to me asking how to spell a word and I told them to "sound it out" and they did not know how.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote