Do You Use Suitcases? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2016, 10:43 PM   #15
Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
Roll, roll, roll your shirts and pants and you can store a TON on shelves, assuming you have them. You can also see what you have easily. Jackets we either stuff into throw pillowcases or hang them on over-the-cabinet hooks or Command hooks on the wood divider by the door of a Scamp.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 001.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 035.jpg  

Doug's art and Scamp 029.jpg  

The Gleeful Glamper
Gilda (Jill-da)
"Here we go again on another amazing adventure"
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:59 AM   #16
Name: Frank
Trailer: Scamp 16 Side dinette
I use plastic bins under the dinette made into a permanent bed in the rear of my Scamp 16 and I drilled a small hole in the bottom edge of the bin and put a knotted cord through it. I have three bins and each one has its own cord. Pulling each cord pulls the bin out one at a time.

Frank F
frankcfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #17
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
In our Bigfoot there are 2 cabinets above the front window that measure 41" wide, 9" high, and 16" deep. These are our "suitcases". We pack clothes in several heavy duty plastic bags to keep items separate. We both use 4 or 5 bags of different colors for shirts, pants, etc.
1980 Bigfoot 17' & 1973 Compact Jr
Tom Trostel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #18
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
I use one cube type bin per person with a few small travel packs inside to keep small items such as socks, tidy & easy to find in the box.

In the Scamp I stored the bins under the rear table/bed. In current trailer I store them on bottom shelf in a large hanging closest. I like using the cube as it keeps clothing all in one place and I can take then into the house for packing.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #19
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita 17 Ft SD
Wife and I keep all our clothes in the storage areas above the bed in the SD17 FT Casita, heavier shirts and coats hung in the closet by the door, duffle bag for laundry in closet floor as well.
David L. C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #20
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Oswego, NY
Plastic tubs & a laundry basket. The laundry basket sits in the back seat of the truck & holds spare dry goods until I need to do laundry. The plastic tubs are sized so they fit under the bed - rarely used clothing, Beer & Wine, and bread products (a large toaster oven lives there too).

I added shelves to the closet in the Escape. That, combined with 2 Umbra hooks holds all my clothes. Somehow, even though there are storage bins all the way around the perimeter of the Escape 17B, I manage to fill, (and lose track of what is in) all of them!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #21
Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
I like thing put away, out of sight. I have a casita Liberty. I use the right side upper cabinet for underwear and swim wear. The rear top is for extra bedding and as my bed is permanent I don't like climbing over the bed for clothing. I use two plastic bins under the bed for my regular clothing and have a cloth shoe bin holder with a plastic shoe box in each slot in the closet for miscellaneous stuff which leaves room for my coat and hanging blouses. I just tuck my pjs under my pillow during the day. I also used my tape label machine to mark each shoebox with contents, saves time!
I made a curtain that goes across the space under the bed..everything nice and tidy!
I keep one of of those net foldable laundry containers in the bottom of the closet for soiled laundry. It leaves me room for my boots and lantern in the closet bottom too.
You will figure it out!
Leej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #22
Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
suit cases? No way

Too hard. We use duffles under the bed with personal dopp kits in the above storage. I do keep a box of emergency cold weather blankets and gear behind the duffles. I put a cord through a hole in the box so I can pull it out easily without crawling under the bed to retrieve it. We do keep rain gear in the closet near the door to grab if needed. You will figure it all out. Good luck.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #23
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
The rear over head cabinet holds undies, socks, jammies and good tops/blouses folded neatly. I have large things like sweats as well as good jeans/slacks in a large container under the bed, beside it I usually have one extra pair of shoes.

I don't carry hanging clothes so I revamped the closet, it now has 2 shelves above the base. The lower shelf has tees, shorts and jeans folded and rolled neatly. The upper shelf has Lily's jackets, leashes, collars and towels/wash clothes plus my bath carry bag which contains, soap, quarters, shampoo and zorries.

The base of the closet has all my toileteries, kleenix, TP, first aid, creams, aspirin etc.

I have a hook inside behind the little screen wall which holds my jacket/rain coat. All otherjackets/shoes are in the tow vehicle.
Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #24
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Like Alf we split the trailer in half, she gets the top part and I'm relegated to the bottom half.... and like Jon mentions, plastic tubs are great because they become your suitcases and are see through. I'll fill one with rain gear and another with personal items, clean clothes go in bins in the closet shelves, no hanging items. First aid and prescription items are in the upper as well as games and books for those rainy nights. Like your home, you will find a place for most items except for the empty suitcases, leave them at your house. Oh, those compression travel bags are great for clothes and bed items, I put a bar of soap inside and they smell wonderful. See here
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:10 AM   #25
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... I have an aversion to suitcases. Why? My parents gave me one for Christmas when I was 20.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:28 AM   #26
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
That was a hint, Alf........
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #27
Commercial Member
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All... I have an aversion to suitcases. Why? My parents gave me one for Christmas when I was 20.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Were the one way tickets out of town in them?
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:19 AM   #28
Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Duffles are fine for lounging against so that is what I use. If you are going to have something soft and bulky along make it do double duty
If you are going to carry anything in your trailer, try to make it at least dual use.

Quoth Forrest Gump, "That's all ahm gonta saay about thaat."

The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote