Do You Use The Shower? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2015, 06:25 PM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minimalist View Post
I shower right before we leave on a trip and again as soon as we get back.
I've memorized your vehicle and trailer so I can be sure to choose an upwind camping site, should we cross paths (especially if you make it as far as Arizona!)…

Old 05-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #16

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Wish I had a shower,, we are in Kootenays of BC Canada and all the really nice spots,,, provincial pks
their idea of facilities is an out house! they are the worst, but in the most beautiful places!
We end up in a private campground that has a shower but usually none of that "beauty".
We will probably end up selling our Boler and getting a sticky just to get our own shower.
Fred

Old 05-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #17

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
If it is a trip 4-5 days or less, I do the same thing. I wash up at least once a day though. The only exception is if I worked and sweated a lot, or in really hot climates, and even then I prefer to go for a swim, even if it is cold water.

People shower WAY too much. Mind you, having no hair on my head helps.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #18

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
We will probably end up selling our Boler and getting a sticky just to get our own shower.
Fred
I don't follow this, Fred. Plenty of great moulded FG trailers with baths. Why a stick built?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #19

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
It's very personal opinion. I prefer to stay away of CG showers and use my Scamp shower/bath/everything else room.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #20

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
I was wondering when someone would make that joke.

I was going to say, Twice a year, whether I need it or not.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:21 PM   #21

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I don't follow this, Fred. Plenty of great moulded FG trailers with baths. Why a stick built?
Can't find a FGRV with a shower that I can afford, been looking!!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:39 PM   #22

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Ya, I tried that, but after day 11 it was shower or sleep outside and I didn't look forward to 19 days on the ground. LOL
Old 05-22-2015, 08:50 PM   #23

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
After three days of tent camping in the mountains of Colorado, we drove 75 miles to the front range then rented a camp site at a KOA to take a shower. Shortly after this, we got the Scamp.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #24

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
OK, let's clarify. The question was, "Do you use the shower?" I have a Little Joe, not a Ponderosa, hence the answer. "Do you use the toilet.............?" We-e-e-e-ell
.............let's not go there.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #25

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
OK, let's clarify. The question was, "Do you use the shower?" I have a Little Joe, not a Ponderosa, hence the answer. "Do you use the toilet.............?" We-e-e-e-ell
.............let's not go there.
What I was trying to say in my post was showers are very important, and that availability is why I bought the trailer!!
Old 05-22-2015, 11:03 PM   #26

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
Wish I had a shower,, we are in Kootenays of BC Canada and all the really nice spots,,, provincial pks
their idea of facilities is an out house! they are the worst, but in the most beautiful places!
We end up in a private campground that has a shower but usually none of that "beauty".
Fred
Fred, with our 13' Scamp, I installed a water heater, and a kitchen faucet with a sprayer head. We used this to be able to wash our hair while doing a sponge bath, or we could pass the shower head out the window to use outdoors in a pop-up shower enclosure. Perhaps you could go that route instead of selling your Boler.
Dave & Paula
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01187.jpg   DSC01192.jpg  

DSC01191.jpg  
Old 05-23-2015, 12:51 AM   #27

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
No shower, no toilet, in my trailer. The idea that one must immerse oneself in water daily is a recent thing. Personnel hygiene can be accomplished in other ways. Our grandparents used the sponge bath method. I use a product called "Fresh Bath". It works quite nicely. When on the road for several days or months we can usually find a shower someplace every few days.

As for the toilet being needed, the campground facilities or backpacker style work just fine. That middle of the night thing, in a small trailer with a small bed and two people some things have to be kind of synchronized. If one needs to make the trip, both go. We've seen some beautiful night skys and a few night time animals. The walk in the fresh air is kind of refreshing too. We both keep a pair of sweat pants close by along with a zippered sweat shirt to be properly dressed for the night time excursion.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:34 AM   #28

Name: Perry
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
TETO!

Owned our 2000 Scamp SB for six years. Never used the shower. Didn't put water in the water heater for the last two years. Only put water in the fresh water tank for the toilet. Hated waiting in line to dump the tanks. All that crap for tanks hanging underneath was wind resistance going down the road, added needless weight, cost us gas mileage, and lowered the ground clearance. Didn't want the higher step of a high lift axle.

Found a 17' Casita Spirit Standard with no bath, water heater, furnace, or AC. Will be removing the fresh water tank, pump, and faucet this June. Without these items we have much more storage and get at least 1 if not 2 miles more per gallon. You can tell our Odyssey pulls the Casita easier with less obstructions to interrupt the airflow.

The Dometic furnace in our Scamp popped and banged when it started and the fan was noisy. Others here have said the same thing and it's identical to the one Casita uses. In the cold seasons we carry an electric oil heater when in an electric site or a Little Buddy Heater when we know there will be no electric. We also have a sleeping bag that's easily good for 25 degrees. Just warm the camper up in the morning with the Little Buddy.

We each have no pride and can use the porta-potty in front of each other. Plus, I just take the cassette to the campground toilet to quickly empty, with less mess than dealing with the stinky slinky. Less is more for us.

Our friends have campers with all the amenities that they love as much as we love ours.

Again, To Each Their Own!

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs - 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, that we regret selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote