Do You Use The Shower? - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #113
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Just because you can, doesn't mean you will!

However, you need the ability to USE and then decided if you WANT to...

No shower leaves zero decisions. Having a shower gives you options. You decide.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #114
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010

Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:46 AM   #115
Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Lil Snoozy

We have the twin bed Snoozy we use the cassette toilet and shower 35 gallon water and 4.5 gallon cassette toilet container ( you can buy an extra cassette container ) The downside of an all electric trailer is less boondocking .If ordering new I would get the 12 volt truck fridge and put on solar . Some of the owners have put in propane heaters ,water heaters ,and burners . so boondocking would be no problem . Good Luck in your decision Jim
jennykatz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:00 AM   #116
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2002 BigFoot 17'
SW Virginia
The Eggcamper and Li'l Snoozy are electric only. That would limit me far too much, although otherwise I'm sure they are nice trailers.
I guess some boondocking would still be possible with a generator and/or solar, I'm not sure how practical that would be. The other thing is while on the road I like to do free and convenient overnights at places like CrackerBarrel, Walmart and Pilot. Would that still work? How about in cold, or even cool weather when you'd want a heater to take the chill off?

WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 AM   #117
Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
elec trailers

Walt ,you are right It does cut down on boondocking but we live in Florida and most parks have elec power . There are a few Snoozy owners that put in propane and they boondock a lot .I think anyone interested in a Snoozy should call the factory and ask them to pre plumb for propane . We have been in Snoozy in 40degree temps and had an elec heater but extra blankets would work also .
The Snoozy does have an elec water heater ,a 110 volt Fridge ,microwave (option)and you can get the cassette toilet whick for a few days is much better then stinky slinky . Some of the smaller Eggs have way to small black tanks.

The good things are rear door entry , cassette toilet , full Queen bed , nice couch,Shower for a 6 ft person . What Snoozy needs
1-Solar option
2-propane option
3-More cabinets(storage)
4-12 volt Fridge

Just my 2cents Jim
jennykatz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #118
Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon

Enjoyed the read through all the views and reasons to have or not to have facilities in one's rig.

Cari and I are a bit outside the egg in our thinking in that when having Parkliner build our #35 in 2013 we knew we would be camping without any power for ~5 to 7 days at a time.

The Parkliner has a (for us) wonderful shower/bathroom setup with plenty of elbow room. What we did not want was propane on board. Our shower is really simple... (and i'm sharing this for the folks like Cliff with the Little Joe and similar "Minimalist" set ups) :

Get one of these (or similar) from your local camp store:

Put one kettle full of room temp water, then one kettle full of hot water (however you would do so for coffee or tea). Slosh to mix and have a nice shower. We leave town with ~30 gallons of water and return most trips (6days) with ~10 or so left YMMV. We each take a shower ~every other day. Have yet to fill the 30 gallon gray tank on a trip and always enjoy the shower time.

We even use this setup in our van, so I know there's plenty of room in any rig in the fiberglass world to get creative with interior available floor space (got an action packer? extra cooler? and a shower curtain? don't need much more to go MacGyver/MacGirlver and get'er done : )

Here is a pic of the setup in our all fits behind a cabinet that looks like this

And has a port potty and shower MacGirlver approved behind the doors:
(we were using a electric garden sprayer that season seen on the upper shelf):

As many have shared, half the fun of our rigs is putting your personal touch into the build and making it functional for your desires. For the girlz passing through if you think this setup is to to primitive for your liking... keep in mind that my wonderful girly-girl wife dreamed it up, and luvs the freedom and simplicity.

A PS: The facilities in the van began as a need for a simple private area to go potty (those small female bladders!) and also have a quick solution to getting at least some grime off feet coming out of a muddy stream/river Cari had been gold panning in (her hobby)...i'm there for comfort and keeping an eye out for critters with my bear spray handy reading under a shade tree : )

Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon
Bed, Bath, & Beyond...
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Van
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote