Does anyone know - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #21

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
You may also find that the stuf you add weighs more than you think, esp if you are going to have appliances like refrigerators. Try weighing all that memory foam together...
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Quote:
You may also find that the stuf you add weighs more than you think, esp if you are going to have appliances like refrigerators. Try weighing all that memory foam together...
Good point, I think we will end up with one that is already built. I got a NO from Casita, and a phone call that I missed from Scamp, so I have not talked to Scamp yet. I still don't expect much to come out of that either.

We will just be happy with any camper that is the right size/weight and in good usable condition.
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thought you would find this interesting. Camper plans to build your own HERE

This guy used the plans to build a truck camper HERE
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #24

I did talk to Scamp, they did not offer what we were looking for, but they did offer us some dicounted 13' campers in the $6000-7000 price range (new) that just didn't have many options added. Still out of our price range, but good to know about.

It looks like we are going with a used one for now.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #25

Trailer: Airstream Excella
I have/had the same thoughts on getting a "gutted" trailer.

Mostly my concern is to simplify and make-efficient the interior design. I'm not a fan of all the bells and whistles so to speak. And I feel I can make better use of the space. Plus the cool factor, and personalization one feels...

I just wanted to thank you for posting the topic, and to thank everyone who who offered some feedback. I was able to answer a lot of questions I had.
Aaron L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #26

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
I did talk to Scamp, they did not offer what we were looking for, but they did offer us some dicounted 13' campers in the $6000-7000 price range (new) that just didn't have many options added. Still out of our price range, but good to know about.

It looks like we are going with a used one for now.
April,

How low in the $6000 range, and what did they take out, or perhaps more easily, what did it have?

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
April,

How low in the $6000 range, and what did they take out, or perhaps more easily, what did it have?

Pam
That's got to be a stripped down model. Here's their webpage for pricing:
Scamp Trailer Pricing
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #28

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
April, are you looking for a project, or do you want to go camping?

Gutting and restoring a trailer is a project, and doing a project and going camping are generally mutually exclusive activities. Find a nice used trailer and use it a bunch. Have a great time, and figure out what you really want. If, while you use that one, you find another that you can gut and re-build to suit after you've figured out what works and what doesn't work for you, you'll be that much further ahead, and enjoy your camping journeys too.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #29

Right now we are looking for an easy project camper that we can soon take camping. I think we found a good starter. I have already given thought to the future, I am sure we will eventually get into another camper at some point. I don't know how far into rebuilding older units I will get until we experience it first hand. I am interested in it though, so who knows...I am hoping we will be able to upgrade our TV to a v-8 at some point, so we can easily tow a 16ft. Until then we are happy to have found one that is fairly simple, but in good working condition. It won't be much longer before we are drivng out to get it (tues Sep 30)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #30

Unfortunately, I did not ask that many questions, once I heard the price range (closer to 7000), I did not want to waste his time for much longer. He did say they were stripped down, but you would have to call them to find out details. I can give you his name and number if you are interested, they sent me a packet with his card on it

Quote:
April,

Pam