does anyone use a trailer dolly to move your egg? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #15

Name: Fred
Trailer: Casita
Texas
LOL! Thanks for your reply. I chuckled at your comments about your wife panicking!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Old 10-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #16

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I have a Harbor Freight dolly, 600# capacity, small(?) pneumatic tires. Originally got it to drag a utility trailer around our 10 acre property to do clean-up, pruning, brush removal, etc. Beats dragging a wheelbarrow back and forth a dozen times. Now I find it useful to get the Scamp into and out of her parking spot. Have to air up one of the tires regularly. Is it handy? Yes. Could I live without it? Yes. Would I take it camping with me? NO! Would I buy another one just for the Scamp? Probably not. But it is fun!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #17

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
I have the harbor freight trailer dolly for the Scamp and I love it. My trailer is parked on side of garage when home and due to limited space is never get that backed in with my truck. The dolly makes short work of it, but I don't take it camping with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #18

Name: Anne
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I have a trailer dolly from eTrailer that seems very similar to Harbor Freight. Cost less than $60. I park the trailer in a narrow space beside my son's garage that requires an s curve around a shrub. The surface is bare dirt with some humps that we both push to get over. The dolly works fine and makes the trailer easy to move. The tire on the dolly did seem low last time and we needed more effort to move it. I find it indispensable for my set up. It has a 1 7/8 inch ball but works fine with my 2 inch hitch.
I saw a picture of a four wheeled dolly like is used to work under a car rigged with plywood to support the tongue jack of a trailer. I wonder how that would work as it seems more portable.