Does this floorplan exist in a 15 ft egg? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #29

Name: Ron
Trailer: Eggless for now.
Formerly NH, now full timing
Registry
Joe,

I just took Jim Palmer's recomendation for tongue weight. Jim sent me the tongue height, and then I loaded 250# on the tail end of my van and had the hitch ball set to the height that Jim sent me. I haven't actually weighed the tongue, but I suspect that it's pretty close based on the way the trailer rides and tows.

Ron

Quote:
250# tongue weight on a 17' is fantastic along with your approx. 2000#overall weight. However you did it.....Nice ?Going
Joe

Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #30

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
I know when I stood inside the 16' Casita I couldn't deal with it. I had driven a few hours to check it out for myself just to determine if it would bug me or not.
I had a 16' Scamp at the time and I have no problem standing straight in it.
I have just gotten a 17' Casita and it seems a little taller than the Scamp.

I decided the low height in the Casita 16 was a deal breaker.
Nothing as frustrating as getting up and not being able to stretch out,at least to me.

Also I will plug again for the Fiberstream with big headroom and the biggest bed going I think?
If it will just be you and the kids the three of you would have no problems sleeping on the big bed I think.

Melissa,I pm'd you about seeing the Casita if you are interested?
I am in South Florida right now but will not be for long.

Just a thought
Ed

Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #31

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Hi Ed, I'm new to forums etc and thought I had most of it figured out but can't find your PM. Under my controls it says 0 messages so are the PM's stored some place else? I feel like a moron, lol.
Our local Air Force base (Patrick) rents Casitas. They aren't sure if they are 16 or 17 feet. They are volunteers who work in the office. We are going to the base tomorrow and plan on stopping by to check them out if one is there. Being a weekday I wouldnt think they'd both be rented but you never know. I know what you mean, Hubby has no interest in stooping. I guess that is one advantage to me being "vertically challenged", lol. If it turns out they are the 16' ones I'll see if I can catch up to you to see your 17' one. Thanks for the offer. I was reading the thread on Scamp vs Casita and thought it interesting that the Scamp isle is wider. That would be handy as Hubby is around 280 lbs so squeezing by is a way of life for us sometimes. We do like each other at least, LOL.

I sure hope nobody else has PM'd me b/c I cant find them if they have.

Melissa
Old 11-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #32

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Hi Ed, I'm new to forums etc and thought I had most of it figured out but can't find your PM. Under my controls it says 0 messages so are the PM's stored some place else?
Melissa, if you're just viewing the 0 messages from the main forums pages, it doesn't mean you have zero messages, it just gives the number of unread messages. Click on the massages window to go to your inbox
Attached Images

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #33

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Thanks Donna, I guess I havent recieved any new PM's then. I did email Ed to let him know I didnt get his message and to let me know whether he got my message or not.

Melissa

Quote:
Melissa, if you're just viewing the 0 messages from the main forums pages, it doesn't mean you have zero messages, it just gives the number of unread messages. Click on the massages window to go to your inbox

Tags
eggcamper