Does this floorplan exist in a 15 ft egg? - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #1

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Hi All, so much fantastic info on this board, it's amazing! My head is swimming with all the different makes of eggs but so far I havent found exactly what I'd like and it may be b/c it doesnt exist. Is there an egg in the 15 ft range (vintage or new) that sleeps 3 (1 short adult and 2 kids) and has an inside shower? It seems like a 15 footer could accomodate that even if you have to replace a closet with a shower. A 2X2 ft space would be fine as my home shower is only 3X3 ft. It's more for the kids when they are too tired to go to the bath house or when there aren't facilities available. I'm only 5 ft tall so I could use it too. If an egg doesnt exist already, could one be modified? If so, which brands? The only 15ft eggs I know of are the Trilliums, Surfsides and Escapes. If I'm leaving any out please tell me.

Thanks for the input,
Melissa

Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
California
Registry
Hi, Melissa -

There are many 15', 16' 17' trailers that would fit your needs. Casita, Scamp and Escape are in current production and there are a lot of older models, Burro, Fiber Stream and many more that would work. Many eggs have two sleeping areas and wet baths. some have kids bunks over the larger beds.

Go to the Helpful-Links page for Casita's, Scamps, and Escapes web sites and check out the floor plans. The search function on this site will get you to threads and photo galleries.

I know that many more members will be signing on with great suggestions.

Welcome and have fun!

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #3

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Escape's
Click image for larger version

Name:	15___Floor_plan_A___B.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24782
Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Escape's

Click image for larger version

Name:	15_foot_B.gif
Views:	54
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	24783
Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #5

Name: Dana
Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
California
The iCamp Elite has the bathroom and shower you are asking for in a 15' or so package, but your husband won't like the 5'11" interior height. It is also quite heavy at 2400 lbs dry weight, and quite expensive at $16,000.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #6

California
Melissa's husband is no shorter than I am, and the only Casita that is tall enough for me is the 17'. Unfortunately it's much too heavy for my tow vehicle and too big for me to store conveniently.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Melissa, if I remember correctly you have a tow cap that you need to stay under. I just want to add that bathroom models tend to weight more, so if your trying to stay under a certain weight a bathroom model may not work.

There are shower tents that are available at wallie world that may give you that shower option with out the weight of a bathroom model. It would be a pain to drag with you and set up when needed. But it could be a solution.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #8

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Hi All, so much fantastic info on this board, it's amazing! My head is swimming with all the different makes of eggs but so far I havent found exactly what I'd like and it may be b/c it doesnt exist. Is there an egg in the 15 ft range (vintage or new) that sleeps 3 (1 short adult and 2 kids) and has an inside shower? It seems like a 15 footer could accomodate that even if you have to replace a closet with a shower. A 2X2 ft space would be fine as my home shower is only 3X3 ft. It's more for the kids when they are too tired to go to the bath house or when there aren't facilities available. I'm only 5 ft tall so I could use it too. If an egg doesnt exist already, could one be modified? If so, which brands? The only 15ft eggs I know of are the Trilliums, Surfsides and Escapes. If I'm leaving any out please tell me.

Thanks for the input,
Melissa
Scamp 16 side dinette
Old 11-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #9

California
Here's a link to a list of trailers and their interior heights:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=34031

And another for bed sizes:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=25101

BTW, the one thing I forgot to mention about the Compact/Hunter/Campster-style trailers is their very low doors. It's only 54" high, and you get quite a whack on the noggin if you forget to stoop down. After the third whack it's no longer an issue -- somehow I no longer even think about it....
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #10

Florida
Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, I'm trying to stay around 2400 lbs ready to camp. My tow vehicle is a minivan with a 3500 lb capacity and I like being way under that so a 16 or 17 foot is pretty much off the table. I was hoping if I stretched it from a 13ft to a 15ft maybe a shower could be squeezed in. I thought maybe the 15ft would have a taller ceiling for Hubby (6 ft) when it's just us two camping and I read the Trilliums have wider beds. I need to be able to sleep 3 when it's just me and the girls. When it's all four of us I'll take the popup and Hubby can get that darn door off the popup ceiling, lol.

How do you collect the water if you use an outside shower tent? I know a lot of placed dont allow grey water to run on the ground. I thought about using a kids blow up pool but then dont know how I'd get the shower water out of the pool and to the dump station.

Thanks to all who dont mind educationg newbies to the FG world, lol.

Melissa
Old 11-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
BTW, the one thing I forgot to mention about the Compact/Hunter/Campster-style trailers is their very low doors. It's only 54" high, and you get quite a whack on the noggin if you forget to stoop down. After the third whack it's no longer an issue -- somehow I no longer even think about it....
Same with the Casita, but I am a person who learns pretty quick. Only took once to smack my head before I learned to dunk................ Hubby still smacks on occasion .

About the tent shower, I don't know cause I have never needed to have one, But I believe it has a water bag that you would fill (warm in the sun) from campground water
Old 11-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #12

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Scamp 16 side dinette
Or Scamp 16 with side bath.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #13

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, I'm trying to stay around 2400 lbs ready to camp. My tow vehicle is a minivan with a 3500 lb capacity and I like being way under that so a 16 or 17 foot is pretty much off the table.
Melissa
my 1994 Casita SD is 16' , sleeps three with the side dinette down and has a shower/bath and air conditioning up under the front closet.... It weighs in at about 2300 lbs loaded as per cat scale and the tongue weight is 260 lbs (measured with one of those fancy rv tongue scales) the newer ones may weigh more...i'm not sure.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #14

Florida
Thanks for that info, Joe. I think I did read a discussion here somewhere that the new Casitas are heavier than the older ones. If somebody else could "weigh" in (lol) on this topic I'd be appreciative. Maybe we could narrow down when the extra weight came about. On a side note, where do you get a trailer weighed? Does every city have a place? I'd like to weigh my popup ready to camp.

Thanks again!
Melissa

Quote:
my 1994 Casita SD is 16' , sleeps three with the side dinette down and has a shower/bath and air conditioning up under the front closet.... It weighs in at about 2300 lbs loaded as per cat scale and the tongue weight is 260 lbs (measured with one of those fancy rv tongue scales) the newer ones may weigh more...i'm not sure.
Joe

Tags
eggcamper