Dog Dilemma - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #21

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary View Post
So if the only way you know that people have a dog is that you see the dog, you still think they should be left at home? Sorry Byron, I'm not going to ruin my vacation for you...
Agreed. I think kids are way more annoying than dogs, especially kids on skateboards and kids with firecrackers. Second in annoying is loud drunks, then loud music or television coming from a big MH. However I do try to keep my dogs from annoying anyone, sometimes more successfully than others. (They bark at kids on skateboards or big dogs that are running loose.) But they never make a peep after hours and I pick up after them.

Traveling- sight-seeing- would be more of an issue, and I can see why someone who likes museums and such in warm parts of the country would worry. Me, I'd happily wait with the dogs while you go in!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #22

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Where is it written you can not leave you pet inside your airconditioned trailer?
Old 08-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #23

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I just read this thread and was impressed with a dialogue going on.
I find this issue in other places about like politics.......LOL

And I kept wondering when the thread would turn to "kids." hahahaha

But then again, the root problem is the same....................adults/parents.

Animals in my space annoy me but I can cope with it.
Kids in my space annoy me and sometimes I can cope with it. lol.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #24

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Where is it written you can not leave you pet inside your airconditioned trailer?
I leave my a/c running whether I'm in it or not.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary View Post
So if the only way you know that people have a dog is that you see the dog, you still think they should be left at home? Sorry Byron, I'm not going to ruin my vacation for you...

Why should I let you ruin my vacation????
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #26

Pennsylvania
Registry
Perhaps we need a over 55 campground guide and perhaps an adults only campground guide, and a pet free campground guide and no generators allowed campground guide plus no radio or music playing campground guide and let's not forget the no smoke from your fire campground guide. Might as well stay home......campground guide...ops almost forgot, the no annoying air-conditioning noisy operation campground guide.....
Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #27

Registry
Quote:

Most National Parks, many States have rules and laws against leaving a pet inside a vehicle including an RV.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #28

Name: Hillary
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Why should I let you ruin my vacation????
How does SEEING my dogs ruin your vacation?! They are quiet and well behaved and I was responding to you saying all dogs shouldn't be allowed!

You may as well ask me to leave my husband at home, since seeing him might offend you... They're FAMILY. They may not be human, and I wouldn't call them my kids like some people, but they are our family.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #29

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Most National Parks, many States have rules and laws against leaving a pet inside a vehicle including an RV.
I think the rules apply to vehicles, as being inhumane due to heat. As far as in your own home (your trailer is your home, is it not) the only rule I'm aware of is noise from unattended barking, which happens anyway when dogs are left tethered outside. If you can not keep your pet quiet, then as a responsible pet owner you go somewhere where it doesn't annoy anyone. That is what I do.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #30

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Wow! I'm glad my little poms (3) didn't understand human talk and find out how many people hate little dogs

One in particular traveled the world far and wide with us by boat, train, bus and airplane. Once the rules changed and airlines started letting small dogs be in portable kennels if they fit under the seat then she started flying in the cabin with us from Europe to Vancouver. Many people spent 10 hours flying without ever knowing a little dog was under their seat. All she asked in return was to sample a little of the chicken and a little of the beef.

At times it was a challege but no more than having to care for an infant while travelling. Here she is on the edge of the Sahara, happy to be with us and we were happy to do what it took to have her with us.

Come on, lighten up on little dogs, yes, some are yappy but some people and their kids are much more annoying.
Attached Thumbnails
img003_resize.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #31

Registry
Quote:
I think the rules apply to vehicles, as being inhumane due to heat. As far as in your own home (your trailer is your home, is it not) the only rule I'm aware of is noise from unattended barking, which happens anyway when dogs are left tethered outside. If you can not keep your pet quiet, then as a responsible pet owner you go somewhere where it doesn't annoy anyone. That is what I do.
Pets at National Parks
Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #32

Pennsylvania
Registry
Lets try and be civil here in discussing your opinions vs attacking others for voicing theirs, thank you.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #33

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Quote:
I know minnesota state parks 6' leash max, can't be left unattended at any time, can't be by the beach, etc.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #34

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Did you read the text? It addresses keeping your pet on lead outside, not inside your trailer.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #35

Registry
Quote:
Did you read the text? It addresses keeping your pet on lead outside, not inside your trailer.
"While pet regulations may vary somewhat from park to park, the standard policy in most national parks is that pets must be leashed or physically restrained at all times and pet leashes may be no longer than six feet in length. In addition, pets may not be left unattended, tied or physically confined."

Jim, maybe to didn't read the last sentence of the second paragraph.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #36

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared J View Post
I know minnesota state parks 6' leash max, can't be left unattended at any time, can't be by the beach, etc.
Again, this addresses the issue outside not inside your home or rv. Is the topic walking your dog or bringing your dog with you and keeping it inside? I agree that when my dogs are with me at my campsite and other owners walk their dogs as if on a parade, this upsets all the other animals. You should try to keep your pet away from others, if possible, not all pets are friendly to each other.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #37

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
"While pet regulations may vary somewhat from park to park, the standard policy in most national parks is that pets must be leashed or physically restrained at all times and pet leashes may be no longer than six feet in length. In addition, pets may not be left unattended, tied or physically confined."

Jim, maybe to didn't read the last sentence of the second paragraph.
I'm not going to argue with you Byron, but I do not read this the same as you, so we can agree to disagree.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #38

Kansas
Quote:
Again, this addresses the issue outside not inside your home or rv. Is the topic walking your dog or bringing your dog with you and keeping it inside? I agree that when my dogs are with me at my campsite and other owners walk their dogs as if on a parade, this upsets all the other animals. You should try to keep your pet away from others, if possible, not all pets are friendly to each other.
No, it doesn't. They can't be unattended, PERIOD. We were even told that technically, my sisters dogs couldn't be tied up at their campsite while they were 60' away at my site (the rangers said they didn't push the issue, though). They always moved their dogs when they came over.

I also read the national one the same way as byron.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #39

Name: Hillary
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Wow! I'm glad my little poms (3) didn't understand human talk and find out how many people hate little dogs
I don't dislike any dogs based on size, some just get on my crap list for behavior, but I blame the owners and not the dogs!
I also dislike loud kids, BMX bikers terraforming the campsite next to mine (at Chilliwack Lake), loud drunks and people that only see things in black and white and never see the grey.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #40

Kansas
Here's an example of the difference...kansas rules:

1. Pets must always be restrained by a camper, cage, hand-held leash, or tethered chain no longer than 10 feet. They are not allowed on swimming beaches or swimming areas that are delineated by buoys or other markers or in public buildings or structures. Dogs participating in authorized activities or assisting the visually or hearing impaired are not subject to these restrictions.
In kansas they can be left alone.
Closed Thread