Door Knockers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy unscrupulous visitors

I was talking with a Bambi owner in Kingman, AZ some time ago and after asking to see the inside of his trailer, he said, "No." and them explained that he had let someone tour his trailer and later noticed some things missing.
So I guess lawyers are not always involved.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #22

Name: Greg and Robin
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 1300
Florida
I had a guy over to pick up a piano he bought from me a couple of weeks ago. He saw my '75 Trillium out back in the weeds. He asked how much. Have you seen my Trillium?? Hahaha

I'm one that is trying to fight off "the bug". Considering it's almost midnight, and I'm sitting on the floor browsing the site, I think I'm losing...

Greg and Robin
1975 Trillium 1300
2013 Dodge Durango

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Alachua, FL
wglyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #23

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
CPW: I understand how clever these people can be. What a shame.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #24

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Just am hour ago had a most unusual "Door Knocker" experience that I hope isn't something anyone else is seeing.

I was working in my driveway of my Home in Riverside, CA, when a white late model Chevy sedan pulled up and the driver asked, "How much do you want for that trailer?" (my 1973 Hunter Compact-II) I politely replied that it wasn't for sale. The party then wanted to press the question and asked again, "How much cash, right now, will you take for that trailer" I told him that it wasn't for sale that I was using it but that I could give him some information as to where some could be found advertised locally.

He next, now almost rudely, said, "No, I want to buy that one right now" and produced what looked like a bundle of new $100 bills and said, "Name a price, I'll give you $3000 right now". I again told him no that, even if I wanted to sell, that $3000 wouldn't be anywhere near the selling price. I again tried to give him web information but he wasn't uninterested and backed down my driveway and left. He never got out of his car, and the entire event took less than 5 minutes.

As I had already noticed that he did not have a trailer hitch, something seemed suspicious, so I took down his license number and, after he left, I contacted the sheriff's dept. to report what seemed to be a very suspicious person. A few minutes later an officer arrived to take a report and, maybe, the rest of the story will be in tonights 6 O'clock news.

Has anyone else seen this guy?

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #25

Name: Anne
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
When I moved from Indianapolis to AZ I had my house in Indy listed for a month before I left. The day I was hitching my Burro to my loaded pick-up, a guy driving by stopped and said,"I was hoping that was staying with the house". I laughed and said no. A month later I got a low ball offer that listed every piece of equipment that I still had in the house as part of the offer. He dropped the offer when I refused to include my 2yr old craftsman riding mower with all attachments in an offer $20,000 less than listed price. I think it might have been that same guy!
On a lighter note, I was recently cleaning out my Compact II that is parked by the street when a woman walked by with a boy of about 3 in a stroller. She stopped and said he has been asking her what that thing IS. We laughed and I told him it is just a big playhouse. ;-)
Fire-N-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #26

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Slips & trips !! Last weekend we took our '76 pickup and '84 Uhaul to a car show. Must have had 80 to 100 people go in the trailer. No problems, just a couple bumped heads but we warned everyone to watch the low clearance. I'll bet we talked to more people than any other participant there. Usually we take our '46 teardrop but decided to take the Uhaul for a change and it drew plenty of interest. Now I'm concerned about doing it again.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote