dreaming of camping - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #15

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Thank you Floyd for the cute videos. I love the "Moving Right Along" one. True- getting there is half the fun!

Here in the Buffalo area were supposed to get socked come Sunday. Kinda makes me glad that Shrimp Scampi is in storage now. Made me sad to look at her in my backyard with all that snow atop her roof.

All winter I buy little toys for her (me). Just got new brake controller and charge wizard. Keeps my spirits high. My kids got me a new pots/pans set as I was using absolute junk previously. Can't wait to camp but even so, can't even wait to wax her with a beer on the driveway and my music on! Woot woot!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 01-08-2016, 09:37 PM   #16

Name: Norma J
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Michigan
I found a very cool "Campground Journal" with lots of room for recording notes of each campground & site #'s....this will be very handy for us.

Old 01-09-2016, 01:33 AM   #17

Name: Ron
Trailer: 24 ft 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser
Michigan
Hazel & Kermit
Camping time ! well the camper is a sleep in the barn,,about once a month i go look at it ,,then go back inside the house and look at last Summers "camping" pics,,Snowing out side,,so dream about coming Summer trips !?
Ron
Old 01-09-2016, 09:17 AM   #18

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 Layout 7
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma G View Post
I found a very cool "Campground Journal" with lots of room for recording notes of each campground & site #'s....this will be very handy for us.
Did you?! I want one! Currently I make notes all over our Atlas and in our Colorado Camping book and I have folders and files of every big trip we've ever taken, but I LOVE stuff like this! Can I ask where you found it? Thank you!
Old 01-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #19

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ginny uses one similar to this, actually we're on our second journal after 15 years. It's interesting how the campground entries have changed over the years. Since we've completed 6 loops of the USA, it is a handy reference to campgrounds from our past.

http://www.amazon.com/Camping-Camper...ground+journal

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:22 PM   #20

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Getting ready for Sebring! The trip is already started if "planning is everything"...but since "planning is worthless" I'm sure to panic at the last minute and leave late!
Nothing like that first night on the road, it is comforting knowing it is too late to worry about what you didn't pack!
Getting the bikes ready,looking forward to the ride through the hammock.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #21

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Just this morning, SHE (who MUST be obeyed) hauled out our 'time table' for 2016 to look at our schedule with regards to camping and such, including two stints at The Fort (in Ft Langley) and Deming, and a stay at the KOA in Burlington!! Our 'card' is filling up FAST!!!!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #22

Michigan
Norm & Ginny...That is the exact journal I bought locally, It's a very nice book that I'm anxious to start filling when this whole "working" thing is over....I have loved reading your very informative posts!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #23

Michigan
Check out Norm & Ginny's post for the Campground Journal...such a great book! I'm glad to see others also like the "old fashioned" way of keeping memories...all right I admit I do not know how to do it differently! (Not without a tutorital from one of my kids...their eyes roll here!)
Old 01-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #24

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
Kirkman, I love this idea but I can't figure out where you'd install this is a FGRV? We have a 16' Scamp and the only option I can think of is to remove the from couch and mount in the front window. Even then, the clearance requirements of 20" from the front/sides means location and heat output could be very problematic. What about you?
Some one had a stove in their Scamp at the Bandon rally a few years back.... or I seem to recall it was a Scamp & at Bandon.... may have been at a different rally. They had it in the location of the tall clothing closet (which they had removed).
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #25

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
4" of snow last Friday - 15 below zero F this morning
The lake is frozen over . Winter is finally here .
Now all I can do is dream of Spring
Old 01-10-2016, 10:22 AM   #26

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
Minus 15˚F wind chill yesterday but we managed to have friends over for a party in the Scamp. The portable heater warmed us up to about 60˚ and the wine didn't hurt matters much.

We already have 14 days worth of rallies planned for the Spring–it can not come too soon since the wind chill is -28˚right now.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #27

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Some one had a stove in their Scamp at the Bandon rally a few years back.... or I seem to recall it was a Scamp & at Bandon.... may have been at a different rally. They had it in the location of the tall clothing closet (which they had removed).
Cool I wish I had a chance to see that!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #28

Michigan
6" of fresh snow... while beautiful, makes camping feel a very long time away! Right now our dachshund has difficulty tunneling thru off his path...even he is dreaming of the next camping trip!