Dress and Heels - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I am at a campground that was reasonably quiet last nite, except for the group of teenagers and thier new K-Mart tent that pulled in yesterday afternoon. They actually were not too bad. I didn't go check.. none of my bidness, but there was the hilarity of beer consumtion and the faint waft of, er, .. smoking materials

(Yeah, that was me long ago too, who am I to judge?)

But what wasn't me was... I just saw the girls walking to the bathroom. One in a dress, AND heels, the other in sandals, and a dress.

They have GOT to be miserable!!!!

These kids these days. Don't they know how to RELAX!!!!!

(If my Dad had a grave, he would be rolling in it about now, hearing me say that!)
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
the faint waft of, er, .. smoking materials
(Yeah, [b]that was me long ago too, who am I to judge?)

I just saw the girls walking to the bathroom. One in a dress, AND heels, the other in sandals, and a dress.
Ah, the memories.

I've been to some "special" campouts where the boyz were playing dress-up.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Getting more and more difficult to find a decent campground! I object more to the fishmongers starting their diesels at daybreak to launch their boats and the comfort freaks running their noisy, cheapo generators at all hours. Otherwise, I try not to notice what others are doing! One of the really interesting things about camping is the variety of people you encounter. We're winding up for Bandon and then Washington state.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
These kids these days. Don't they know how to RELAX!!!!!
We lived on the gulf coast when my daughter was in high school. Since we were just minutes from the beach, we spent a lot of time there and she was there even more than we were. I used to get tickled that she would always take a shower and wash and blow dry her hair before she went. I grew up there too, but I never did that before I went. One of the things I love about going to the beach and/or camping is that I don't fool with my hair or makeup.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #5

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Quote:
But what wasn't me was... I just saw the girls walking to the bathroom. One in a dress, AND heels, the other in sandals, and a dress.
A few year back we were hiking in the moutains up a fairly narrow steep trail. I kept seeing some strange shoe prints----caught up with the other hikers, and sure enough, the young lady was wearing spiked heels! Sure left some strange prints.

Diane
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
To each his, or her, own. That's what helps to keep life from becoming boring.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oh yes... I remember taking groups of teens camping and the girls took hair dryers, curling irons and cases of make-up ...and there was no electricity.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #8

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
I'm ALWAYS amazed at the ladies lined up in the campground bathrooms, putting on makeup and yep, blow-drying and hairspraying their hair.

The wearing of "cool" shoes- I guess that's youth for ya, hey??

I am SO happy to have reached the age where I'd rather NOT sacrifice comfort for looking "gorgeous". HOW can anyone go hiking for hours without good shoes???

And I'm blessed with a husband who says natural is just fine with him, too!

Us, too- we get rather annoyed at the generators running. Thank goodness there isn't any campground that allows them past ten at night.

I don't like loud drunken parties in campground either! You'd think that people would save that sort of stuff for their own private property anyways- too easy to get in trouble anywhere else.
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #9

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
These ones were not too bad. You have to cut a little slack on a sturday nite. At least they didn't have a radio.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #10

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I always bring my ball gown and stilettos camping.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #11

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
Well there were several groups of youth around the boys and I on the weekend, lots of beer and smoking materials, but a fun bunch all round(were listening to a bunch of Boston, Rush etc. the theives) . They did a lot of tubing down the rapids and the water is not warm in the Amable du Fond and Mattawa rivers at this time of year. Brrrrrrrrrrr.
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #12

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
"Neighbour for a Day"

Makes you glad you're mobile, eh?

One evening we had settled into our favourite boon-dock, the wolves had just started howling, when a pick-up roared in and started a giant construction-waste bon-fire and played loud tunes. I am OK with that: but the theme song from "Friends" at 400 decibals? Whatever happened to Stadium Rock?

Another time we were hunkered down for a few days at a cheap spot by a slow creek, only to find a Tent Revival was booked in the field nearby over the weekend. Their loud-speaker worked very well.

And now we know that if you wish to camp at a quiet spot with lots of dunes just an hour north of here, do not do it over August long weekend, because that is when all the quads are there. Apparently, getting stuck is the point. Alrighty then.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote