Dub Box USA ~ Fiberglass Campers & Trailers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #21

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Dub Box USA
NC
My Dub Box issues

Hopefully I’m posting correctly to this thread. I’m keeping my Dub Box USA Dinky camper. I’m also pursuing additional avenues towards obtaining a resolution with Dub Box USA.

Here’s a website I created about my camper: https://sites.google.com/view/patrio...inky-rv-camper
ChuckinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #22

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
After seeing your paint job and custom touches, I can see why you're keeping it!

Can you tell us what damage the trailer did to your Prius? I'm also interested in hearing how your ClimateRight holds up over the course of the next year or two, so I hope you won't be a stranger here; please stop in and give us occasional updates!

Your web page mentions a 1600 lb tow rating for the 2016+ Prius. I've never heard this before. Is it stated in your owner's manual, or if not, how did you learn of it? I have sometimes thought about a Prius.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #23

Name: Chuck
NC

The AC platform was not properly installed on the campers trailer frame, and hit the Prius fender components.

I read online about the 2016+ Prius towing capability from several online references.
ChuckinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #24

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I can see where most would think they were a custom build from an old VW van body. It's good to know they are building & selling them. Since they are headquartered in Texas I would think they would be seen running around somewhere in the Southwest.
They are not headquarted in Texas, they are in Oregon.
Dub Box USA, Inc.

21099 HWY 99E NE, Aurora, OR 97002, US
(503) 776-9250
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:16 PM   #25

Name: Mac
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' LD
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
I think most of us who owned VW campers in the 60s and 70s when they were pretty new would no longer find their performance and reliability acceptable today. BTW, if you go by a VW specialty repair shop, some times you see 6-8 or a dozen old vans parked in back. ( at least in Calif) On one trip we stopped to visit 2 different friends who had nice Westfalias in their yard . . . .both needing engines. Engines go for over $ 6,000 now, remanuf or custom built . Performance US engines go for waaaay less than that ! And a recent post on the 'net recently showed a bunch of nice custom VW vans , campers , and customs : the one of which we speak was labeled a " DUD BOX " ! LOL David in Fresno and Sonora, CA
I had a '68 (first year of the picture window windshield) that I'm sometimes sorry I sold. That truck took on 2000# at least of oak firewood - filled the entire rig - but trying to stop it, with nonpower drum brakes, was, let me say, an effort. I think you're right about modern performance, though mine was rock-reliable, with electronic ignition, spin-on oil filter, and external oil cooler. 65 MPH top speed (at engine redline 4000 RPM), SECOND gear climbing Donner Pass at 10 MPH, wind tossing my bus to the point where I once had to slam on the brakes and turn the steering wheel 1/2 turn to keep from being blown off an overpass.
If I still had her today, she would be a day cruiser. But at the time, it's what I could afford, and I outfitted her with lots of Westfalia parts from flea markets and such.
Spongelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:41 AM   #26

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
(off topic) In the 70s my mom use to putt around New Mexico with 5 small kids in on the back bed (seat belts? Nah, there were no seats in the back, just a bed) of a 62 microbus. It didn't have a rear bumper or apron so when she needed to do any work on the engine she would put it on blocks, disconnect everything, push the bus forward so she could get to what needed to be repaired, then push the bus back and reconnect.

If I had a decent quality VW microbus or Westie chassis laying around (plus a bunch of cash) I'd get it converted to electric:

https://www.zelectricmotors.com/
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:06 PM   #27

Name: DUB
Tennessee
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The first time we talked about the Dub Box was 06-17-2011, 04:17 AM, when Lex posted the link (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ler-46869.html). Surely after nearly seven years, somebody has seen one up close and personal? I wish someone would bring one to a gathering where I'm attending!
Ask and ye shall receive. I hope the admins don't mind me resurrecting this particular thread.

I visited the Dub Box USA factory plant in Aurora, Oregon earlier this year and placed my order for a Dinky Dub trailer. While I was there, I snapped a few pics of two Dinky Dubs in production:

I was drawn to Dub Box USA for a number of reasons: the overall aesthetic, the light weight and its (apparent) availability. I researched all of my options thoroughly prior to making my decision (and I even recall reading about Chuck's regrettable experience) and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my "Dub."

Unfortunately, the fiberglass shortages have spared no one. My dub is taking longer to produce due to these challenges. When it's finally ready, it will be red and white with an adjustable roof (I wasn't interested in a trailer that I can't stand up in), kitchenette and external shower. There's no toilet (nor room for a cassette toilet) in this version but it's somewhat logical -- these Dinky Dubs assume that the owner will be camping at locations where vault toilets and/or other facilities are available.

If anyone is interested, I'll keep you updated on my experience with the Dinky Dub.

Thanks to those who participate in these threads (really great info here) and to the administrators. It's greatly appreciated!
GuyKrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:17 AM   #28

Tennessee
Arrow Dub Box USA Factory Visit 2021

I had some problems with the images above so I'll just post the link instead:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/9305/mHMxj6.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/3517/woSp4u.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/912/NMRpI2.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1195/pjjY7m.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/2383/NaNDW2.jpg
Old 06-16-2022, 09:56 AM   #29

Name: Lisette
Trailer: VW
Louisiana
Dub box

Did you receive your dub box? Are you satisfied with it? I’m seriously considering buying one and am looking for reviews.
Lisettestpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:57 AM   #30

Name: Lisette
Trailer: VW
Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyKrenn View Post
Ask and ye shall receive. I hope the admins don't mind me resurrecting this particular thread.

I visited the Dub Box USA factory plant in Aurora, Oregon earlier this year and placed my order for a Dinky Dub trailer. While I was there, I snapped a few pics of two Dinky Dubs in production:

I was drawn to Dub Box USA for a number of reasons: the overall aesthetic, the light weight and its (apparent) availability. I researched all of my options thoroughly prior to making my decision (and I even recall reading about Chuck's regrettable experience) and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my "Dub."

Unfortunately, the fiberglass shortages have spared no one. My dub is taking longer to produce due to these challenges. When it's finally ready, it will be red and white with an adjustable roof (I wasn't interested in a trailer that I can't stand up in), kitchenette and external shower. There's no toilet (nor room for a cassette toilet) in this version but it's somewhat logical -- these Dinky Dubs assume that the owner will be camping at locations where vault toilets and/or other facilities are available.

If anyone is interested, I'll keep you updated on my experience with the Dinky Dub.

Thanks to those who participate in these threads (really great info here) and to the administrators. It's greatly appreciated!
Did you receive your dub box? Are you satisfied with it? I’m seriously considering buying one and am looking for reviews.
Lisettestpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:06 AM   #31

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisettestpw View Post
I did, indeed. I picked it up in March.

Exterior looks great. Interior build quality is poor. I'm working on a full review for my own website and social media channels.

Communication with the company was difficult and sometimes frustrating. Poor communication resulted in me arriving in Aurora to pick up the trailer only to discover that my hitch wasn't high enough (resulting in hotel stays and custom metal work from a local miracle worker.)

The actual build time was about four months longer than initially anticipated which was also a major source of inconvenience (as I had to constantly reschedule my work in anticipation of the drive from Santa Fe, NM to Aurora, OR.)

As another Dub Box customer recently wrote, I'm enjoying the Dinky Dub but I probably wouldn't purchase another given the difficulty of actually completing the transaction, and the poor interior work.

P.S. This one is a head-turner. I get asked about the Dinky Dub at literally EVERY stop I make, including gas stations. I'm fair and honest and tell them to look at the website if they're interested. As they say, YMMV.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:24 PM   #32

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
This 32 post thread may cover more calendar time than any other I’ve read. It is interesting and I thank the participants for all of their posts.
My Father in Law was a master craftsman when it came to auto body work. In the 50’s, The University of Iowa hospital had cars which they drove all over the state to pick up one or two parents and usually a child who needed hospital treatment at the University. The cars they used were primarily 1950 through 1953 Dodge 4 door sedans. They eventually realized that the limited passenger capacity was limiting their transport ability. They contacted Howard Langton at Rapids Body in Cedar Rapids and Howard, my wife Rita’s dad, and a couple other men designed and built several transport vehicles that were limousine style units. They would locate wrecked, same year Dodges that were smashed in the front and rear. They cut them apart and cut the “good vehicle apart, put in a new frame section, doors and interior from the wrecked unit,, reworked the drive train, and had a vehicle that would haul three “families”,a nurse and a driver. The university used these units for years, overhauling the engines, doing body work on dents, rust, etc. custom paint scheme and all.

Rita’s dad told me one time that this work was the high point of his body work career which spanned about 40 years.
He was, of course, one of the men from “the greatest generation”.
Next story “rebuilding the Langton Offenhauser midget racers”.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:25 PM   #33

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisettestpw View Post
Did you order a dub? I'd be interested in your own review (and any updates/improvements to their interiors that you may be enjoying.)

Cheers!
Old 06-24-2023, 01:29 PM   #34

Name: Billy
Trailer: American outbacker teardrop
Florida
I have seen a few of these, I'm a huge VW fan and owner of several. These things are well made and awesome
ZZ_Afterburner is offline   Reply With Quote