Dumped the Van - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2003, 06:11 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Dumped the Van

:dance

Well, after all of your kind words and advice, back when I posted my request about towing with my Mercury Villager Mini Van, we decided to go ahead and do it right. I ran across a great deal on a 1999 Chevy Tahoe and we are buying it tonight and leaving on our journey to Mesa, AZ tomorrow to get our 2000 Casita 17 foot Freedom Deluxe. Did I tell you I'm going nuts waiting?
The Tahoe is an LT model with about all the options you could get then, including a trailer towing package. It has 49,000 miles and is in pristine condition. I think it will pull that EGG over 'hill and dale', as someone said, and we can truly have fun and relax. I will post some pictures next week after we get our Rig together.

I Believe it was Mary who said it should be fun and I couldn't get that out of my mind. Thanks, Mary.

Stand by,

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:15 PM   #2

Keith
Good for you.Have fun.

Old 04-30-2003, 08:59 PM   #3

Way to go Keith!:cblob :cblob
Can't wait for your call.
Bill and Darline

Old 05-01-2003, 05:31 AM   #4

Keith ... what color is the Tahoe?

Have a safe trip!

Remember, we need pictures!

Old 05-01-2003, 06:12 AM   #5

great buy!

Sounds like a great truck. And maybe you'll have experiences like I had when I turned in my Toyota Corolla for a Montero Sport. I work in computers, so I work with all these young guys. The day I arrived with the Montero I suddenly got more respect. My boss bought a brand new, very expensive sedan at the same time. She was furious because all the guys were ooooing and ahhhing about my Montero and ignoring her sedan. He he he he.

Then I took it to my usual place for an oil change. Great place, owned by a nice family. Usually I take it in, it takes about 40 minutes, and that's that. This time it took two hours! I waited and waited. The guy that runs the place went back, without me asking, to check and see what was going on. Eventually he returned with the key, laughing. The guys had cleaned my Montero for me! They wanted it to look like new for me since I'd just bought (they didn't do that for the first oil change in my Toyota!). I realized at that moment I had a guy-truck. He he he he.

Finally, all the boys in my neighborhood wander over on occassion and say, "I really like your truck." It cracks me up. I think it looks bigger then it is because I'm only 5 foot. I wonder how people would react if I'd got a diseal 250 like my sister has to pull her goose-neck horse trailer. Hmmm, someday I'll have to do it. When I can afford a sports car for 2nd vehical.

Best,

Jane

Old 05-01-2003, 05:57 PM   #6

F250 diesel

Jane if you ever move up to a F250/F350 class diesel truck you will be spoiled for life. They tow great and last forever probally the cheapest thing to own long run. Only drawback is price and you get that back in fuel savings. Just a warning don't buy one unless you want to get hooked on them.

Stephen

Old 05-01-2003, 10:17 PM   #7

Some infor

:jester
We are in Santa Fe tonight, Thursday, after a long hard day. Had to finish up some paperwork on the Tahoe, Put 4 new Michelins on the Tahoe ( the guy asked me if I wanted the letters out or in. He said with them in, the tires looked bigger and tough, with the letters out, they looked more classy.) I told him letters out, at my age, I'm going for class. Then an oil change and then I put on a new Serpentine belt. You know, that only takes about 15 minutes and the belt was $36 at NAPA and the Jiffy Lube wanted $67 installed. Thank GOD I know how to do some stuff.

Then we dropped Jake the wonder dog (Bichon Frese) off at the Breeders, he's never been Kenneled: and headed south. Got in here tonight at 8:30 PM and of course I had to see what you all were up to. I am going up to Los Alamos tomorrow on business for a while and then FINALLY--- on to Phoenix / Mesa to GET OUR EGG.

BIll & Darlene -- we'll call as soon as we're in town. Can't wait to see you two.

Charles -- the Tahoe is White with Brown trim on the bottom. That thing just 'slipped' down I-25 today. I'm so impressed with the ride and power. It has just about everything on it they made available in 99 and we are thrilled with it so far. It will look 'way cool' being white and pulling a white EGG.

JANE -- 'There's just something about a truck' ain't there! Hope you have good luck selling your Motorhome and can find an EGG you like. We sold a 28 foot Class A Barth a few weeks ago and can't wait to experience the Casita.

G'night all.

Keith & Shirley