E-trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
E-trailer

Has any member done business with E-TRAILER. I was looking to buy a tekonsha prodigy p2 brake controller and a custom wiring harness. I found a business on the internet that was selling the prodigy brake controller for 25% less than E-trailer but they were out of the wiring harness. I talked to E-TRAILER about a price match (they had both parts ) and they told me I would have to place an order at there full price and then if they found the other supplier was selling the same item at a lower price and complied with there price match rules at that time they would credit me the difference in price . I have never dealt with a firm that conducts business in this manner . Is this normal procedure or am I being overly skeptical. (I did send E-trailer the address of the competitor and its web page showing the item and price)

Thanks Steve Dunham
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Very good customer service and prices.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I've dealt with e-trailer a few times. Never any problem.
Dealing with good company like e-trailer is often worth a few extra dollars in price.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #4

NW Wisconsin
price match

The price difference is not a FEW BUCKS its over 30% with shipping. They want me to purchase and be charged on my credit card for the two items at the full price and then at a later date if they decide the other vendor is selling the item at a lower price and complies with there rules they will credit my account. How long is at a later date and what happens if they decide at a later date it's a no go. What I am questioning is this the way internet transactions are normally handled ? I have never purchased from E-TRAILER before and am skeptical of most internet businesses but I live in the middle of nowhere so my buying choices are limited.

Thanks Steve Dunham
Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I have never had this type situation with etrailer, but have purchased 4 hitches and numerous other parts and have always been satisfied with them. They are good about keeping me updated on order status and if there is a delay due to out of stock or a backordered item. I have sometimes found other sources to be cheaper, and may order elsewhere, but no complaints about etrailer.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I just checked prices. e-Trailer's prices are on the bottom side of where everybody else is. However Camping World has internet sale at $119.95 with free shipping.
I notice you didn't say what the other company is.
You spends your money and takes your chances. Even $25-$30 can be a small amount if trying to save that much causes you a bunch of headaches. That's less than a nights stay in most RV parks.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
ETrailer is a good company with support, which costs money. You can buy for less elsewhere, but forgo that support. Your choice.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
I am always amazed at how fast e-trailer gets my purchases to me. No complaints from me after several orders. However, if you can get something elsewhere for a much lower price, and they have good customer reviews, then have at it!
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #9

NW Wisconsin
e trailer brake controller

After several e-mails and two phone calls to e-trailer, I ordered my brake controller and harness from them Plus with their 110 % price match policy I was able to save $40 some bucks over their listed price . It may have cost me a half hour of my time but to me saving $40.00 for a half hours work is pretty good pay !

Thanks Steve Dunham