egg camper kits - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
I talked to Jim at Egg campers about prices and availability of kits, and was told that they are not doing kits at this time, only taking orders on "factory completed units..."

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #2

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007
Pamela,
This time last year I pulled my EggCamper Kit home. I walked thru the shop and picked out specific items I guessed would give me a headache to locate to work on this camper. I got the items like shower floor, and restroom parts. I got the plumbing stuff for the most part too. I also got the cushions, and mine are couple inches thick, but I new I would have to pay to have some made so I got those also.
I got my other stuff at lowes and home depot, and a couple of items off ebay to save money.
However.... at 4.00 gallon for gas the last few months, I bet I only save a little by doing it myself and it took me longer than I wanted, to finish it for use. I noticed the low end price is 12,000. on the website. Unless someone has the time and knowledge of plumbing and not in hurry to use it, the kit is ok, but I do really like mine. I just got back from a trip to Louisiana Coast with mine.

It is a keeper. I did not keep track of my costs, but I most likely saved a couple of grand by doing it myself, but I made a lot of trips up to lowes etc. as I went along. If I can be of any help, let me know and I can get more specific. I think there are only two or three of us on here with the eggcamper.
I have had two 13'burros and a 16'scamp in the past. I did one burro from kit, brand new back when they were in business. This camper has many more features and much more room.
I am 6'2'' tall and I have about 6 or 8 inches free space above my head.

When I wanted my kit, he just stopped that week, got it road ready from the assembly line, basic needs for road and I picked it up on a monday morning and headed to Texas with it.
weldon freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #3

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Weldon,

He wouldn't even give me a price in the kit... he told me that he wasn't selling them at this time. I am not sure if I want a bathroom in mine...a porta-potty works just fine, and there are always challenges with the bathrooms in older units in other models. We are re-doing our burro, and a kit would probably be just fine for me...the only thing I might need is the pads, as I have knowledge of where to get pieces and parts as a result of my burro.

Did your kit come installed with the windows and the vent in the roof? I really like the double walled construction and the smooth finished walls of the burro.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper