EggCamper Frig Size? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #21

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Cathy, Regarding the EggCamper's air conditioner, we live in Alabama and have camped along the gulf coast during Summer and been very comfortable. Since cold air sinks, a roof-mounted A/C unit is generally considered more effective than a floor-mounted unit like in the EggCamper, but in really hot weather, we just plug in a little fan to help move some of that cooler floor air up and around within the cabin. Works great; not a problem at all. As with any camping in hot weather, a shady camp site (if available) helps take some of the heat load off the camper and work load off its A/C unit. Even an awning can help by shading a portion of the camper. You'll find photos on this forum where various egg owners shade a portion of their camper with a tarp or part of a tent while camping to accomplish much the same. I hope that helps.... Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:17 PM   #22

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Another Happy Eggcamper Owner

We love ours! We were lucky to find a gently used one (paid almost the price of a new one but didn't have to travel to Michigan). We replaced the original fan with a MaxxFan which is much better....definitely ask for that, and you will be especially happy when it rains😉. Because we live in Florida and do a lot of beach camping in the summer ☀️☀️we changed the 5,000 btu AC for an 8,000 which would have been easier if originally done in the factory because we had to modify a few things. If you check my posts, you will see that we have made a few other mods, like closet shelves to suit our needs, an exterior waterproof electrical outlet, installed a Caframo fan and so on.....although it was really perfect the day we bought it! We have a "canopy".... Not an awning. It is easy to put up and take down, and gives us needed shade. We have a great cooler (keeps things frozen 4 days) to supplement the refrigerator. Plenty for us.
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #23

Florida
Registry
Couple of pics
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Old 05-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #24

Florida
Registry
Beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Old 05-19-2015, 08:38 PM   #25

Name: Garland
Trailer: EggCamper
Alabama
The original fan in an Eggcamper can easily be replaced with a Vortex brand fan that has 3 speeds forward and 2 speeds in reverse. I replaced my Eggcamper fans(2) with these and they work great, Very easy to in install with no cutting or altering the hole size in the roof. Can be found on Ebay for less than $80. Took about 30 minutes to take old fan out and install new one.
G.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:53 AM   #26

Name: Mark
Trailer: EggCamper 2012 #109, by 2006 Tundra or 2014 Outback
Western Massachusetts
Fan Noise?

Hi Garland and all,

Comments on the fan quietness on both the Vortex and Maxx Fans and any others? The original fan is a bit noisy, so I'm looking for a super quiet fan when I replace the original.

Thank-You
Mark
coastsignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks everyone for your comments. In the final analysis, the frig wasn't the deal breaker but the air conditioner. While I agree it would be a great unit for a couple, we have an adult son with Down syndrome that is with us and looks like will be with us until death do us part and he would have to sleep over the a/c which I am just not comfortable with. I emailed EggCamper and told them this. It is unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be any other choice.

So, am looking now for a used Scamp or Casita. Three adults is tough in smaller trailers, even the stick. We are really limited in being able to travel because my husband's employer cancels all holidays, I cannot believe they will not observe Memorial Day and will try to talk him out of taking his vacation. So, maybe we don't need another camper anyway. They manufacturer snack cakes and it isn't like someone will die if they don't get their Twinkies fix!

So, back to the drawing board. Thanks again.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #28

Name: Garland
Trailer: EggCamper
Alabama
Vortex fan does is not as loud as the original fan in the Eggcamper and moves a lot of air in both directions-forward or reverse. The noise is more of a swishing sound and does not bother us. Not sure how it compares noise wise to any others.
G.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:57 PM   #29

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Cathy,

You might want to take a look (or another look) at the current model ParkLiner (manufactured in North Carolina). It has had it's problems (fixed) and detractors (coming around) in the past, but it also has many very loyal fans. BUT TO THE POINT - for your needs, the air conditioner is now roof mounted, and it will comfortably sleep three adults - two in the queen-sized bed plus one on a side bed (with the dinette table collapsed down) while still in a single axle, relatively light weight package easily towed by most any vehicle with a 6-cylinder engine. The side bed in the ParkLiner has even more foot room than available in the EggCamper because the side bed area on the ParkLiner extends further forward into an area that is blocked off in the EggCamper for a closet. That does means, however, that you'd have to either continually change the side bed to dinette and back, or just sit on the beds when necessary to stay/eat inside. But that's probably true of most any fiberglass camper in this size/weight class. Just something else to think about. Don't give up on the dream! Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #30

Thanks, Dale. Yes, I'm looking and computing things in my head. As always, things come together in the end.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:09 AM   #31

Name: Mark
Trailer: EggCamper 2012 #109, by 2006 Tundra or 2014 Outback
Western Massachusetts
Parkliner is a nice rig

Hi Cathy,

We looked over a Parkliner that friends of ours have. It's a very well designed and nicely finished camper. I'd recommend it also. The cabin size is 1' shorter than the Eggcamper, so it's a total of about 12' length of interior living space, but it can sleep 3 (four with the bunk). There have been some lightly used ones for sale recently on this forum.

GL Mark
coastsignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #32

Thanks for the info GL Mark. We really want something soon with a shower since our popup doesn't have one so the temptation to just replace stick with stick is growing. We have had 8 stick RVs so are familiar with the pluses and minuses.

I have noted that many do not use their showers in the molded fiberglass trailers.

I over think everything. That's just what I do.

I am watching all the Craiglist and fiberglass 4 sale website for our area. We actually have some time coming up when we would be able to travel a little more to see a unit. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to provide information.

Tags
eggcamper