EggCamper... New trailer brand coming soon! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #21

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I like it!! I would prefer a window in back tho.... "egg camper' doesnt appeal to me either.. but I have to say I do like its looks!....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 AM   #22

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
Were Burro's made this way?
Yes, the only seams are right in the center. And I haven't seen a Burro that mated perfectly either.. thus the large cover ups in the middle.

Mine has a variation on the stripes. I think he stole my idea! (Just kidding!)
Click image for larger version

Name:	finishedegg.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	2292
Attached Thumbnails
streetsidenon.jpg  
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #23

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

This looks (to me) like what an updated Burro design would be, if it were given the "new Beetle" treatment; like what Volkswagen did with their car.

I think that the lack of window across the back is a practical matter in the manufacturing process due to the vertical seam between the shells.

By studying the interior photos, it appears to me to have a floorplan similar to the Casita Spirit Deluxe. I deduced this from the wall with cabinet door behind the narrow side dinette, and the window size/placement. This might indicate a front bathroom. Casita usually does not put a window in the front of their trailers.

The photo tells me that the "kitchen" is along the curb side, and even though I detect an under-counter refrig in the corner of the photo that shows the sink, I also do not detect an exterior vent. Could it be an electric, other-than-absorption design?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #24

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
First thing that struck me, also- was lack of windows and the windows don't look like they even open!!!! *sigh* I realize that in the summer with no shade and hot southern summer nights, one would use the A/C if they had it... but doggone windows are important to get fresh aeration!

I don't like the name EggCamper, either- Yes, something more like "PodCamper". THAT is exactly the term I was thinking about them!!!

I think these little eggs do look futuristic- in fact, I am re-decorating ours in an outerspace theme, indeed! AND trying to think of an appropriate sort of nickname for it- Like "Gramma and Granpa's little Space" or "Welcome to our Pod"

But, boy, what a NICE unit!
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #25

Trailer: Boler 1984
I think byron;s right .Not enough windows. Therefore not enough ventalation, and can't see the trees for the walls. Otherwise it's a nice design and looks as if it's easy to keep up.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:21 AM   #26

I guess for fun we could always think of names?
I see listed for suggestions...

Pod or Pod Camper
Cosmos
Old 04-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #27

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
I like it!! I would prefer a window in back tho.... "egg camper' doesnt appeal to me either.. but I have to say I do like its looks!....

You don't want to know what my initial reaction was to, "Fiber Stream". Think laxatives and a vegan diet.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #28

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
Gina I LIKE that paint scheme!

Looks like a mighty oil tanker ready to attack some heavy surf!

P
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:04 PM   #29

How about MOONLINER?

Sounds Buck Rogers/'30's sci-fi and is a sideways reference to the discussion of the stripe!

P
Old 04-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #30

The windows open - the long one on the streetside is open in the photo.
Look closely, the curbside is a slider with a bar down the middle.
Third window looks like a swing out emergency egress.

The interior shot across the side dinette was most likely made through the (open) side window.

P
Old 04-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #31

Quote:
How about MOONLINER?

Sounds Buck Rogers/'30's sci-fi and is a sideways reference to the discussion of the stripe!

P

thats a good name!!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #32

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
I wonder if there's a bath and shower by the door -- like the 17' Burro had. There is a couple of black thingies on the roof that could be vent pipes but they don't have the normal caps. Still it sure looks like it could have black and gray tanks...
I agree that it appears to have a front bath, running from the streetside to an unknown point across the front. The vent is in the right place - perhaps the cap is just missing, or it is a smaller diameter vent cap than the one on my Boler (and black, mine is white). I don't see a dump valve, but it might just be tucked up well - or not installed yet.

Quote:
...By studying the interior photos, it appears to me to have a floorplan similar to the Casita Spirit Deluxe. I deduced this from the wall with cabinet door behind the narrow side dinette, and the window size/placement. This might indicate a front bathroom..
The one photo which Roger did not include, but which is provided at www.eggcamper.com, is this one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	6_19_06.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2304

I believe that this might confirm Frederick's assessment, showing the forward seat of the side dinette, and the bath filling the space ahead of the window. For reference: Casita Spirit layout.

Quote:
...Main thing, is I WOULD save up for one of these IF they came with a bath and shower.
I think the translucent door in the photo above is a shower door, used as the bathroom door; it appears to have your bath with shower. This is also a requirement for us, which is why we have a Boler B1700RGH rather than the other used units which were available in this area (generally B1300 and Trillium 1300).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #33

Quote:
...How 'bout a spare tire.
Airstream puts the spare under the floor, between the frame rails, under the forward part of the body. Perhaps a similar location is used in this case? It would be interesting to know.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:35 PM   #34

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Quote:
I think that the lack of window across the back is a practical matter in the manufacturing process due to the vertical seam between the shells.
Nope. Burro and UHaul both have vertical seams, and windows front and back. If the seam were a problem for openings, Scamps and Casitas wouldn't have doors!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #35

Roger,

At what price range do you think these will be marketed?
Old 04-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #36

Quote:
The one photo which Roger did not include, but which is provided at www.eggcamper.com, is this one...
I don't think this photo was on the website when Roger first posted. They are probably updating it as they go along. I like this camper much better after seeing that there is a head. I'd put in more windows, AC and furnace and call it a day.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #37

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Roger,

At what price range do you think these will be marketed?
Benita, you now know exactly as much as I do. I presume that they will be competatively priced, but Jim hasn't told me where he plans that to be.

And, the photo of the bath wasn't on the site when Jim asked me to post the photos.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #38

Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
Moonliner - pretty cool
or Moonwalker. looks like it could live on the moon to me.
Moontaveler
Cloud
Bubble not sure on those last two.

add these to
Space
Pod
Cosmos

I don't need a window in the back. I could make it a lean back into area. I don't enjoy leaning against a window.

as far as the clear cabinet doors, I thought that's what you said, P. But you said plastic. oh well close.

what about the trailer going the other direction? You know they are going to 'dislike' us tearing the trailer apart like this. they could never make us all happy.
Jana J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #39

The Lunamod mini-RV
Old 04-19-2006, 06:53 PM   #40

Roger, will Jim be checking here for feedback, or should (constructive) comments be sent to the e-mail link on his website?

Tags
eggcamper