Eggcamper owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #1

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Eggcamper owners

We are set to receive our very first camper ever .... And it is a 2010 17' Eggcamper. I don't see many references to this brand here. Are there any Egg owners out there? If yes, what made you choose the Egg over the other brands of FG eggs?
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #2

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Congratulations!
There are several of us EggCamper owners out here.

When buying our EggCamper, the deciding factor was the interior space. It is by far the roomiest 17 footer we've seen. Since then I've become aware of other benefits, such as no rivets.

Ours was one of Jim Palmer's experiments. It's the only one with four tail lights and two reflectors in the back. As a tinkerer, it's been fun to customize. Out the factory door, it's a blank page. So, get your crayons out.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
The EggCamper is the most spacious of the fiberglass campers other than maybe the 25ft Bigfoot (some people may not agree). It is all electric (a BIG plus to me). It is simple. And, like all the fiberglass campers, it should last for years and years and hold it's value.

Art
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #4

Name: Gail & Tom O
Trailer: Eggcamper 2010
Maryland
We have a 2010 EggCamper we have dubbed Eggboy. We love it! We have taken it from Maryland to CA and OR twice, sightseeing on the way out and back. Now we are planning a trip to Alaska. Congratulations on your acquisition!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
I wanted a molded fiberglass trailer for years, decades even, but couldn't bring myself to buy one because I couldn't stand up in them without hunching over, (I'm 6' 4"). When I found out that the EggCamper had 6' 7" of headroom I put down a deposit and traveled from Florida to Michigan to buy one sight unseen - although I had seen pictures of them. My wife had great reservations about such a little camper because she felt cramped and claustrophobic inside the 17' Casita she had been in, but she was pleasantly surprised by the roominess of the EggCamper - the extra eight inches of width and four inches of headroom really opened it up.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We've had our 2011 Egg Camper for over a year now. It's been to Montana, Idaho and places between there and Michigan. Also to Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania. It'll be going to Colorado in August. We didn't look at any other brands. Egg Camper is built less than 50 miles from home so a factory visit was extremely easy. Two visits and then the pick up on the third. Seeing it and how spacious it was sealed the deal. Ours is all electric but propane "stuff" is available. Great factory support by email & phone.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #7

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Thank you all for your comments. We bought ours sight-unseen and will be driving from Minnesota to Louisiana to meet the seller who is bringing the camper on his way from Florida to Texas. It is comforting to hear that you all have no regrets about the Egg. I am anticipating good times and would love to make some of the rallies I see posted on this site and to meet some of you! My husband retired in January 2011 and I have 20 months to go .... But we plan to hit the road as much as possible when the snow starts falling here, which could be as early as October ... I will post pictures of our new baby egg (new to us anyway) when we get it. I love this site and find all of you so interesting and helpful.
Jill
Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
not an egg owner myself, but we did stay at a certain hotell last night....
no actually i did go to grand rapids where they are made and met the owner/designer of egg and he was a great guy, and the camper itself was very impresive to me. only reason i went with a scamp instead was our tow vehicle needs. you are going to be crazy happy with your new baby.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #9

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Already crazy ..... Now I'm happy too!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #10

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
Jill...What area are you from? I'm up North on the range, and we have another place near Mille Lacs Lake.
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #11

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
We are in South Saint Paul. A looooong way from da range. But now that we will have a camper, maybe we can explore your neck of the woods.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #12

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Hey Jill, maybe you can make the first ever Michigan egg rally the weekend after Labor Day at Algonac State Park. We'll be there with our Egg Camper.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #13

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
I looked at that event and was trying to determine the distance! Would really love to do it. Since I'm still working, I'm not sure I can squeeze that trip into a weekend, but I will work on it.
Jill