Eggcamper owners - a few questions for you!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #15

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Well I found another eggcamper and its 2k cheaper than the first one, but its in Cali !! Uuuggg!

Thats ok tho. Sometimes the search is part of the fun! And at least we can use our Casita till we find an eggcamper, so thats cool.

Btw, ill be selling the 2005 Casita 17SD once we get an eggcamper. Its immaculate.

2013 EggCamper #120
JWScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Have you looked at the Parkliner?
Much larger bed and best headroom in FG.

Walt
Hi Walt. I was just reading and realized I didnt answer you. I appologize! But, yes I am kinda stuck on the eggcamper now! Always wanted one and the casita was a good compromise, but this time I want to hold out! Thanks for the tip tho!

2013 EggCamper #120
Old 06-17-2016, 04:12 PM   #17

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
What's wrong with traveling from Ohio to California for your camper/trailer? We traveled from California to Minnesota (and back) for ours and made a great adventure out of it.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #18

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Joe, I agree with Gilda....used Eggcampers are hard to find and this one is substantially less money! You will love being able to stand upright....that's what sold us on the Eggcamper. My 6'4" husband sleeps on the dinette side, using the seat for extra leg room....so we have what amounts to a king size bed LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:48 PM   #19

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
I sold my Mi based EggCamper to people from near. Savannah, Georgia and then went to Sumas, WA to pick up my new Escape 19. Went from there to the Pacific Ocean making a 6900 mile trip in all.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-18-2016, 08:54 PM   #20

Ohio
Im with you guys! It is the time to get it that has me tied down. My work would not be ok, already did a 2 week vaca this year.

Im really hoping the lady who we had a deal decides to sell to me after all. Ill let u guys know in a few weeks! Not holding my breath, but hopeful.

So get this. There was another one for sale at great escapes rv in london canada 6 hours from me for 12500cdn which equated to 9700. I told the guy i would take it. He said he needed a day orvtwo to talk to his accountant to see if i had to pay gst taxes. I look on their site and its sold! I call and say i hope thats for me. He says no, somebody came in yesterday while he was gone and bought it.
2013 EggCamper #120
Old 06-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #21

Ohio
Not sure if I should be posting my experiences like this?? I had strike 3 on eggcampers yesterday/today......lol....uuggg.

I drove up to Alpena Michigan yesterday to look at one refered to my. I talked to owner first about condition/price. I had agreed price $ in hand (8 hours 1 way). Really nice owner! Original owner. The egg had some disappointments, and I took a deep swallow and decided to take it anyway. As he was filling out the title, he accidentally put his name where my name should have gone. Void title now.

I decided to drive home w/o egg instead of taking egg and a promise of title in the mail. Although after meeting him, I fully believe the title would have showed up no worries. I just couldn't walk away paying all that $ w/o a title. We decided to meet 1/2 way after he gets new title. He offered w/o me asking to take an additional $500 off for my troubles - that was very nice of him!

The owner said he does not do forums so I guess its ok to list the good and disappointments I saw but did not know before I drove up.

Beautiful interior! Nice upgraded cushions, fabric, curtains etc. All professionally done! Over all very nice interior condition!!!

Very dirty outside - although I looked past this - is was bad - black streaks etc from sitting for 2 years under trees. Emergency window came open during travel, so lots of extra mismatched / misplaced screws on the hinge to fix. Awning in very bad shape - takes 2-3 people to hold everything to get it back in - like herding cats. I think its been forced in too many times and now its bulging at the seams. And lastly, it was backed into by car hitch resulting in a quarter size hole thru outer shell. Was fixed with bondo and spray paint. Very much visible. Not structural - but still.....

So on the 8 hour drive back (from 9pm to 5am - straight back to work....uuggg), I pondered all this. Even with the issues - his final price is fair, and MUCH lower than asking price. But I decided to pass on it. I dont want the expense of fixing the patch, removing awning (more holes to patch). And lastly - I wasnt too fond of the carpet on the roof. Cemented my decision for 2010 or newer no carpet interior, and now on my list - NO awning!

I'll keep looking!!
2013 EggCamper #120
Old 06-22-2016, 10:52 AM   #22

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Joe, We have a Canopy (not Awning), and it is great! Keep in mind those are two different things....you may indeed want a Canopy 😉
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #23

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letitia View Post
Joe, We have a Canopy (not Awning), and it is great! Keep in mind those are two different things....you may indeed want a Canopy 😉
That canopy looks nice!! Your right - that would be nice!! And trouble free!!

I feel bad for the guy I just got back from yesterday who error-ed his title (which gave me time to ponder), but on the other hand there was a LOT of things not told to me before I made the 16 hour trek. I still feel bad tho.

Thinking about it, I see your egg is a 2011. I think maybe you should sell it to me......ha!!
2013 EggCamper #120
Old 06-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #24

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit 17
British Columbia
Wow Joe, you are having a lot of excitement looking for the 'perfect' eggcamper for you.
The right one will come along and meanwhile you are keeping us on the edge of our seats with anticipation.
Keep the updates coming
Old 06-23-2016, 05:14 AM   #25

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Wow Joe, you are having a lot of excitement looking for the 'perfect' eggcamper for you.
The right one will come along and meanwhile you are keeping us on the edge of our seats with anticipation.
Keep the updates coming
Thanks kootenai ! I will! I am enjoying the search. I guess I am looking for the "perfect" one - which in reality may be a really stupid thing - may drive myself nuts! I'm kinda stuck on wanting carper free for some reason!

Deep down inside I'm hoping the lady who had the first one I wanted comes back from vacation and calls me. I kinda doubt it tho. Im thinking that one has been sold and she doesnt want to tell me. It was a carpet free no awning one too....uuuggggg!! I'll keep you updated!

I see you have a 2005 Casita 17SD, same as ours! You cant ask for a better camper as far as amenities!! We camped for 3 nights in a field once with no hookups and had hot showers every morning!! I love that thing! Just doesn't fit the 6'6" people....
2013 EggCamper #120
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #26

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit 17
British Columbia
Yes, you are in a good position because you already have an excellent trailer LOL so you can afford the time to be picky.
Fingers crossed the lady with the first one calls.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:41 AM   #27

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
Joe,
Curious how your search is going
Old 07-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #28

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4LDY View Post
Joe,
Curious how your search is going
Hi 4x4Lady! No luck so far. There is a 2006 in Michigan that has been for sale for quite some time! But it has gas/carpet. I think it may have sold yesterday or today. The 2009 (carpet) in London Canada sold for $9800. I'm not sure if the one in Alpena sold or not (carpet roof). There is a 2006 (carpet) in Cali for $11500 make offer - been for sale for several weeks. And the 2010 I was hoping for - I left a message to the gal asking politely if she made up her mind on selling or not, and if she could let me know either way so I could look elsewhere if they decided to keep it. But she did not return my call from 4 days ago.

So I'm still looking - every day!! I see you are looking for one too!! I hope you find one soon!! I think more will come out of the wood work this fall......maybe.....ha!

I think now that I decided I definitely want one (my wife could care less if we go eggcamper or keep the Casita because she is 5'1") - maybe I need to not be so picky and get any one. I guess I still have my hopes up on stumbling across a 2010+ !!

2013 EggCamper #120

Tags
eggcamper