EggFestOntario2013 New Location - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
EggFestOntario2013 New Location

I am trying to make sure I get the word out to everybody who wanted to come - Please note, The new location for EggFestOntario2013 is Cobourg East Campground , near Grafton, Ontario, between Cobourg and Brighton. It has easy access from the 401 highway or from highway #2.

With two trailers per site, we’ll all have hydro. You will pay when you arrive, but I need you to confirm you are still coming as I have to submit a list of campers.

Unless you advise differently I will book you to arrive on the Friday, for two nights.
I also need to advise the campground if two of you prefer to share, or if you are fine with anyone they assign. Please advise.

The price will be between $25 and $30 per night per trailer, payable by Visa, Mastercard or Cash. They do not have a debit machine, but there is a cash machine in the village of Grafton.

Their facilities include: - two washrooms, free showers, laundry, games room, library, sports fields, fishing and we will have use of the Rec Hall for our Saturday evening supper and door prize and 50/50 and other draws. There are fire pits and they sell wood.

Nearby facilities: - two golf courses, a par three and a larger one just minutes from the campground. The towns of Cobourg and Brighton just down the road with shopping and Cobourg has a mall. There are theatres and other tourist attractions in the area.

Bring:- your baby pictures, books for the book trade and any camping items you want to trade or sell. We will have a campfire Friday and Saturday nights so bring your voices and instruments along.

If your name is already on my list, you will not lose your reserved button, but you must confirm your attendance under these new circumstances. Also I have someone who is thinking of doing some T-Shirts but is not sure of the interest. Please let me know, so I can advise him.

Thank you.
Vivian & Paul Parkin
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #2

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
Sounds good - sign us up! (2 nights, Fri & Sat) Doesn't matter to us who we're paired up with. We'd like at least one T-Shirt. Not many will be thinking of this at the moment, but are there swimming facilities?
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #3

Name: rick
Trailer: 1999 casita spirit deluxe 17 foot
Ontario
So are you saying its not in Peterborough,At Beavermead park in May.
greendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
that'd be correct, rick. brighton. nice area.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi bizzian....as per my PM, we'll be there. there's a chance we'll be there for thursday as well---how much notice will you need for that? or do i have to contact the campground myself?
thanks
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tenhage View Post
Sounds good - sign us up! (2 nights, Fri & Sat) Doesn't matter to us who we're paired up with. We'd like at least one T-Shirt. Not many will be thinking of this at the moment, but are there swimming facilities?
They have a pool but I don't know when they open it. I'll try to find out. Or I guess you could paddle about in the creek. I'll let the fellow know about the T-shirt.

Welcome aboard, your EggFest number is #36 and I've posted you in the blog. See you in May.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hi bizzian....as per my PM, we'll be there. there's a chance we'll be there for thursday as well---how much notice will you need for that? or do i have to contact the campground myself?
thanks
Nope you don't have to contact the campground. I'll work it all out with Linda but can you give me about a weeks notice? I doubt if it will be a problem if you can't, I'll just put you down as a Thursday nighter.
Bizzian
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
So are you saying its not in Peterborough,At Beavermead park in May.
Hi Rick, got your request to join us. Could you give me your contact name and email or phone number please so I can put you on the list (you can send me a private message if you wish or email me). They will want that info when I hand the list to the campground. Thanks. Once you get that to me, I'll add you to my registration list on my blog at
Bizzian's Place -
See you in May
Bizzian
Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #9

Name: rick
Trailer: 1999 casita spirit deluxe 17 foot
Ontario
rxh2o@cogeco.ca
greendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
Thanks Rick. I have added you to our list of registrants and we'll see you on the Friday. Welcome aboard.
Vivian
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #11

Registry
Larry, I have a price on T-shirts if I order by this Friday, of $15. If you still want one, let me know the price.
Vivian
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tenhage View Post
Larry:

The T-shirts came in at $15.00 plus HST so the total will be $16.95 and you can pay at EggFest Headquarters when you get here in May. Is that OK?
Vivian
Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #13

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
That will be fine; Thanks Vivian! See you in May!
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #14

Registry
We are almost sold out! I have one shared site left in our area and 4 singles on the other side of the main building at around $30. And that's it for our buttons when those sites are gone.
If anybody booked to come find they can't, please email me at layneparkin@gmail.com so I can open up your site for somebody else. I may have a waiting list by then.
Bizzian
Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #15

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Wow. Almost sold out and its only February. How many attendees do you expect assuming a full house?
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #16

Registry
I know! If the 6 possibles I have left fill up that will be my 50. We had originally said only 40 but the buttons came in lots of 50 so we decided to let it go there. It's just way too much work once you get up to the size of the one at Long Beach or the even bigger one in Quebec. And you don't get to meet everybody either. I think the park can probably find space for anybody who just shows up, but no buttons and I don't think those areas would have services either.
I do expect we may get a few cancellations but should have around 100 people. Big enough party if you ask me. See you in May.
vivian
Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #17

Registry
A message for all of you who intend to come to EggFest at Cobourg East Campground. We just inspected the campground today and it's a very nice, clean campground - quite roomy with good facilities. I have left a sheet with the office so just check in and they will give you your site numbers when you arrive. You will pay the office when booking in. Paul & I (EggHeadQuarters??) will be on site 57. Come check in with us as well to get your buttons etc.
PS: I have a sample of the 2014 TShirts so you can see next year's logo!
The main area sites we have are all pull-through's so for the first party arriving, please make sure you only take up half the site. There is off-site parking if your two units won't fit along with your vehicles.
For the 8 of you requesting single sites, there is no such problem.
We have the pavillion for Friday night (in case of rain) and site 39 for our bonfire. We have the pavillion for our Saturday "Bring Your Own Supper" and after party (in case of rain) as well or again site 39 for our bonfire. I will be looking for somebody to go around and take up a collection to buy some firewood for the two nights as moving firewood is now not allowed.
Bring your 15-30 amp converters and a hose splitter for the main area sites. Also your baby picture if you want to go in that contest and anything you want to put for sale Saturday morning.
Bring whatever you wish to eat for our Saturday Supper - which is a "bring-your-own" same as last year.
This is cozy camping in a lovely campground so be ready to have some fun. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in three plus weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vivian & Paul
God Bless/Dieu Vous Benisse
EggFestOntario2013.blogspot.ca