eggless no more! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #41

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
As I mentioned in post #27... an administrator has to change your profile name: Fiberglass RV - Contact Us
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #42

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Sept 19-21 Taylor Falls, Mn
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #43

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
Sorry Donna....missed that one!
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #44

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggless View Post
Almost forgot. Looking at the Scamp from the front, it seems like one side of the fiberglass dips down lower than the other...I thought I remembered reading this was on purpose and something about the door. Is it something to get all worked up about or normal? Hubby noticed it leaving the house and is sure something major is wrong.....
I remember that same discussion, Cricket, but having problems locating the thread. Seems to me that it was not deemed to be a problem, but I can't remember the final explanation. Hopefully someone can fill us in on the details.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #45

It's okay Cricket. I know the excitement you're feeling. There's lots of things you can do for yourself here on the forums. Some require moderators assistance and some require an administrator.

Now, let's see you be you!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I remember that same discussion, Cricket, but having problems locating the thread. Seems to me that it was not deemed to be a problem, but I can't remember the final explanation. Hopefully someone can fill us in on the details.
Here's one about a Boler, but Floyd answered in about Scamps: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...wer-56816.html

and yeah, my Scamp is the same way... and there's nothing wrong with the frame or the body.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #47

Minnesota
About the only thing we can find "wrong" with it is the first owner (not the folks we got it from) covered a lot of the rivet caps with silicone (so it looks dirty around a few of them)....he only had it for 7 months before selling it to the people that we got it from, so I can't imagine it was for leaks.... AND the weatherstripping at the bottom of the screen door is flappy (partially torn off)....oh, and there is an issue with one of the lights, but other than that it appears to be in tip top shape! I told my youngest we would camp in the driveway first to get the hang of it. She told me that she didn't think that was much like camping because we wouldn't be leaving home...she has a point! SO the first semi-nice weekend we will take a test camp (lucky for us there is a State Park less than 10 miles away)......
Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #48

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Almost forgot. Looking at the Scamp from the front, it seems like one side of the fiberglass dips down lower than the other...I thought I remembered reading this was on purpose and something about the door. Is it something to get all worked up about or normal? Hubby noticed it leaving the house and is sure something major is wrong.....
Nothing wrong. Mine does as well on the door side. It was built like that but cant tell you the reason for sure.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #49

Quote:
I told my youngest we would camp in the driveway first to get the hang of it. She told me that she didn't think that was much like camping because we wouldn't be leaving home...she has a point! SO the first semi-nice weekend we will take a test camp (lucky for us there is a State Park less than 10 miles away)......
Yes, lucky for you But, there's nothing wrong with driveway camping. Once you pull the curtains/blinds/shades... you can imagine you're ANYWHERE. And the great part... if you forgot your toothbrush, you're only steps away from home (don't ask me how I know )
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #50

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Wink

Quote:
I think it is normal and I searched the Scamp registry for a good illustration of this and found Jerry-Janelle's Trailer :: 2011 Scamp Standard. After you click on the link, click on the "Registry Image" to enlarge it. Study the "Driver's side" of the trailer and note the bottom edge of the body: It's mostly a straight line, right?

Now put your cursor on the right half of the enlarged picture: see the tab "Next" appear? Click on that to view the front "Curb Side" "corner". See how the bottom part of the door is in shadow? The line between the bright and the shadow is where the bottom edge of the body would be if it matched the bottom edge of the "Driver's Side".

The "main floor" of the Scamp is actually a dropped floor in the center of the trailer and at the entry door... The "raised" floor in the rear dinette area is actually the normal floor height, where the bottom edge of the "Driver's Side" of the body is. Notice the "Floor" inside the Kitchen Cabinet, the closet, and the front bench seat (except for the porta-potty cupboard)? They're all at the higher floor level the same as the rear dinette!

This design characteristic, carried over from the Boler, is how the trailer has stand-up room inside while at the same time be short enough to fit in a garage. Because the bottom of the door area is also dropped, this is why the Curb side body dips down lower than the other side.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #51

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Congratulations! Now who I said who won the when will Cricket buy an egg contest ? It seems like it has been a year or two sense this contest started . And how many eggs did not make the cut ?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #52

Minnesota
Oh please! I only started looking in september....max it has been is 6 months! LOL! I admit i looked at a ton of eggs....but once i got my expectations in line, i discovered i had to pay more to get what i wanted.....and it is sitting in the driveway (til we get the garage organized so it can live indoors! Hopefully whoever won buys something nice for their egg!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #53

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I have watched your search. I found it very interesting. I think your journey should be read by everyone looking for their first egg. Expectations, requirements, and reality, and trying to get them lined up.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #54

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Looking forward to seeing photos from your first camping trip!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #55

Minnesota
Me too! If my youngest had her way we would've camped all week! It is still a little chilly here....but she is raring to go!