Eggs and Cancer Survivors - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2006, 10:11 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
There are a LOT of us out there! What is it about these things? I got my Burro from a survivor too! He wanted ME to have it, even tho he could have held onto it and tried for a better deal.

I was intrigued to find this ad on Craigslist while I was perusing for stuff to post in the referals.

Quote:
WANTED! Scamp 16 Ft.Travel Trailer (fully loaded) or close to it-Help!
Reply to: see below
Date: 2006-06-12, 7:03AM PDT

PLEASE HELP ME FIND a SCAMP-16, SOMEWHERE ON THE WEST COAST (or within a reasonable driving distance). We'd drive a couple of days, if that's what it took to make this dream come true! We might even consider a "partial cross-country" road trip.

I am a disabled, Stage IV Cancer Survivor, with Heart and Lung Failure as a result of my Chemotherapy and Bone-Marrow Transplant, now fighting off cancer, once again.

We would like a "fully loaded" model or one with the most options; that we can afford. It must have a toilet/shower, A/C, Heat etc... (due to my damaged immune system, those are necessities of life, for me). The Awning would be a bonus. We will be "living" in it for at least a year on the road.

I live on my Social Security, So every penny counts. For a trailer that has everything that we need on it; about the best we could do is to scrape up between $7,000-$8,000 (depending on the year and the amenities the trailer has). Anything 2002-2006 would be a blessing and really appreciated.

Sorry: money is tight, so that would mean we'd have to sell off a few more things, on "craigslist" to get to that amount. (Anyone need a, very nice 3 year new, Living Room Set?) We have it listed right now - go see (Ventura-Furniture) to help us raise the money for our trailer!

My husband, myself and my "Seizure Alert Service Dog-Miss Jazzy" are "Landyachters"...yes; Miss Jazzy does landyacht sail! (see our BLOG). I believe that "Miss Jazzy" and I are on the Home Page.

http://landyachtjunkies.com/WordPress/

Since my health is failing, again; we have decided to "follow our dream" of traveling the (48) contiguous states and seeing all that there is to see! (Our "landyachts" do not cross over water very well) So the last (2) states will remain a mystery

Our goal is to find the very best landyachting spots, in each state; compile that information onto the BLOG and share it with those of you interested in the sport. For those of you that wish to "live vicariously" through us and our adventure, please "bookmark" the BLOG site and watch it all unfold!

We really need to take this trip!

We were going to "put off" the trip for a while; but in life there are no guarantees....I don't want to get too sick to make this trip with my wonderful Husband and faithful, slightly hairy, companion. All the while enjoying, what is left of our time together, as a family.

We have a 2002 Nissan Xterra 5 spd to pull it. That is why it HAS TO BE A LIGHT WEIGHT TRAILER... HELP!!! Is there anyone out there on the (WEST COAST) side of the Country, willing to part with your SCAMP 16 or similar weight, fiberglass trailer?

If so; Please call me at: (805) 985-5631 or email me at: ellerigg@yahoo.com

The best way to reach me, is to CALL! I'd appreciate any assistance on this -We, really hope that there is SOMEONE out there, that can help us make this make this dream come true!

Thanks, in advance - Lady (yes,that is my real name)

P.S. Feel free to forward our "plea" to anyone that might be able to assist us with this project.
They appearantly have found thier Scamp, but I thought it interesting. As a survivor myself, I know how she feels!

Her email is down, I did try to invite her to come join us..

I hope thier trip goes well!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote