eggscursion - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
Smile eggscursion

I see Jim has posted a few pics of his "work in progress" EggsCursion motorhome. Looks interesting, but I wouldn't want a motorhome.
http://eggcamper.com/eggscursion.htm
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
EggsCursion
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:42 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Neat looking Rig.....WoW!
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Too bad he had to flatten the tail of the egg to accomodate the back door. I wonder if you could have a curved door and keep the sweet egg shape!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by artspe View Post
I see Jim has posted a few pics of his "work in progress" EggsCursion motorhome. Looks interesting, but I wouldn't want a motorhome.
EggsCursion
I wish Jim's "next" project would be a 19 or 21 foot Egg Camper. IMO, a 19 Ft fiberglass trailer with a workable floor plan is the best of both worlds.

Just thinking out loud ...
Old 01-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #6

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Check out the floor plan for the 19 foot Escape. It's great.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Smith View Post
Check out the floor plan for the 19 foot Escape. It's great.
That's what I'm talking about! The Escape's floor plan is fantastic and expensive. I'm hoping Jim can come up with a 19 foot Egg with a lower price point. I'd rather see than than a motor home.

Again, just thinking out loud.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
That's what I'm talking about! The Escape's floor plan is fantastic and expensive. I'm hoping Jim can come up with a 19 foot Egg with a lower price point. I'd rather see than than a motor home.

Again, just thinking out loud.
New molds for a different size trailer are expensive to produce. Jim would have to anticipate a large enough volume sold to justify the investment. As small as his operation is, I would not expect to see that happen.

IIRC the price difference on 17'ers between the brands is only about $3K. But the Eggcamper at that price is electric only... so an apples to apples comparison I bet a LP Eggcamper would only be one or two thousand less. Even if Jim did build a 19, the price difference would not be great.

So just buy an Escape, you know you want it!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm wondering if anyone that visited Eggcamper ever saw one of the Eggscursions? Or, maybe even the Teardropp that they manufacture. I think I saw once that they had a load of the Teardropps that the National Guard somewhere had ordered? I have always been intrigued by the Eggcamper products for their simplicity since they can't hide anything behind the fancy decor. It looks like you could take the Eggscursion anywhere and maybe haul toys behind or other supplies in cargo trailer. It would be great to have the two units and you could leave the trailer somewhere or store it and go deeper or further or higher with just the Eggscursion.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #10

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I just visited eggcampers web site

EggsCursion

I've seen this before when I was searching.
I think it's just the company van and demo.

I never found anyway to get one of my own.
It would be neat though. Now I'm thinking of a Snoozy van.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
My husband emailed Jim at Eggcamper about the Eggscursion on Friday and we had an answer this morning. It was built as a prototype and would be very expensive to reproduce but, if anyone is looking to get on the schedule for an Eggcamper, they have at least one slot to get yours onto the production line! I was thinking that I am guessing a lot of people think that because the manufacturers are small and demand is high that it might take awhile to get one into production but I would say that one should definitely inquire if they are interested since you never know until you ask.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote