Elbert - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #15

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
That sure is one Purdy Turd!
Reminds me a little of Mr Hanky of course!

Have Fun!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Dont feel bad Chris we all do something silly. I keep mine parked undercover with only a few inches of clearance and room for the trailer and the car to be undercover while still connected. I always seem to remember to make sure he trailer vents are all completely closed before pulling it out or backing it into its spot - to bad the last time I put it away I totally forgot about the brand new bike on the roof of the car!! GURRRRR

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #17

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
So sorry to hear about the little "incident". We've all had them--of some sort or another. Fantastic fan has a white flat cover now that looks great on a fiberglass egg. You may want to see if they have that style. Good luck getting that back together..
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #18

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Well ELBERT got his new lid and the lift arm that moves it today. Bent the old one beyond repair when I shattered the lid. So now it's on to the window rubbers. Got to find a source local. The local glass shop said they would sale me 25 feet for $100 for the rubber and the lock strip. Not going there for it so I'm still looking.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #19

Name: Lee
Trailer: 2011 13' Scamp, tug 2010 Subaru Forester
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Dont feel bad Chris we all do something silly. I keep mine parked undercover with only a few inches of clearance and room for the trailer and the car to be undercover while still connected. I always seem to remember to make sure he trailer vents are all completely closed before pulling it out or backing it into its spot - to bad the last time I put it away I totally forgot about the brand new bike on the roof of the car!! GURRRRR
Your brand new light weight hybrid bike?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #20

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by russelld View Post
Your brand new light weight hybrid bike?
Oh yea! Just happy it wasnt my partners much nicer lighter road bike - that could have been ugly!! Good news was I was backing in very very slowly and the back of the bike seat hit the house first and the bike rack shifted on the rails it is mounted to on the car..... end result only damage done was a big cut in the seat requiring a new seat... all be it a rather pricey one. I dont feel all that bad about it as there has been at least two occasions when others in the house have driven full steam ahead into the garage with two mountain bikes on the top of the car! Much bigger bang!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #21

Georgia
Registry
Well I cut a 3/4 sheet of plywood to put on the floor. Cutting out all the corners and then figuring out how to get it in there is quite a show! Got it done but I am going to go back and put 1/2 in there with some of the roll out foam insulation under it to help level it out. The half of the plywood on the kitchen side is rotted and very soft. The fiberglass over it is about all that's left. When I get the plywood like I like it then it will be time to see about adding the pre-finished hardwood a friend of mine offered up for the project!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #22

Georgia
Registry
Got the new regulator for the propane mounted. It is a 2 stage and came with no threads in the mounting holes. That's and adventure! Thanks to my son they are not all secure! It is nice to have everything working in there. Just one marker not burning. Lots of little things left to do.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #23

Georgia
Registry
Got the fridge platform in, the AC opening closed and water system back together. It seems like one step forward and two back. Now I will have to put in a new faucet!

Window rubbers in next week, so hope to get it in the dry very soon!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #24

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Good progress. Post lots of pictures so the next UHaul owner has a beaten path to follow.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #25

Georgia
Registry
Didn't get any yet still have to get all trimmed out for that. Still can't find where the vent for the water tank went. I know it is supposed to go to the box the filler neck is in, but where exactly does it go?
Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #26

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
Didn't get any yet still have to get all trimmed out for that. Still can't find where the vent for the water tank went. I know it is supposed to go to the box the filler neck is in, but where exactly does it go?
The vent runs between a nipple on the top of the water tank and a 1/4" hole just above the place where you pour in fresh water. It is a small hose.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #27

Georgia
Registry
I think that's where the PO had the cable for the TV running out. I pulled it out so I will use that hole. How are you keeping bugs and dirt daubers out if the end of it? I thought of like a fitting with screen over the end of it.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #28

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
I think that's where the PO had the cable for the TV running out. I pulled it out so I will use that hole. How are you keeping bugs and dirt daubers out if the end of it? I thought of like a fitting with screen over the end of it.
That would be a good idea. They like to come into the furnace exhaust, too, if you still have one.