Elegance of Behavior - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #29
Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
I was reminded that if a Moderator wants to post “edited” it is OK and up to them.

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #30
Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
Thanks, and let me reiterate, you all do a great job.

Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #31
Trailer: Quest I

you can't put a price on experience or information and if people get flamed or slapped in a post then the less likely the sharing continues... at last check i don't think a real know it all has yet been found...
I find this sites sharing of broad knowledge and the quality of people at the top, hense its the first site in my favorites.
Keep up the good work.!
Ian S.
Ian S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #32
Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
as a somewhat newish and fairly infrequent poster, i am not 100% sure "my" opinion is that important...

That said, here goes...

Life is also exemplified by the old 80 / 20 rule. 80% are nice 20% less so. And 80% of the problems come from the 20%.
The percentage certainly varies by topic and situation, but the overall issue has some validity. "a few" folks cause an inordinate amount of ruckus. Always have, always will. My own faith teaches that every member of the body is just as important as every other member.. an eye is no good without a heart withoug lungs without... you get it. And I have found that **by extension** even the rectums of the world have value and purpose. (think of the body analogy... without that, life would become VERY uncomfortable in a few days...) That said, the flip side is that there can also be cancer in the body that needs to be removed. So life becomes a balance.

What was one of the pieces of wisdom our moms taught us? "Just ignore them". If you find a poster with whom you normally disagree, do not click on his/her posts! if you run across one that really sets you off, take a deep breath (or go have a margarita or whatever YOU need to calm down), then move on. Don't even respond. It is just a forum. NOTHING said here will change the world ONE IOTA. it is just your opinion, and theirs, and his and hers and mine. Nothing more, Nothing less.

I have found this forum to be WONDERFUL. The range if info is so enormous. WOW - and kudos for ALL who contribute. and a SPECIAL thanks to teh moderators who spend the time to keep things on track.

Blessings to all... even the rectums! Lol/
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #33
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
i am not 100% sure "my" opinion is that important...
Length of time you have been a member has no bearing on the importance of your opinion.. of course, it is important. Well stated and respectful opinions are always welcomed, no matter how long you have been here.

and your post was very well done. Thank you!

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #34
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi:" A discriminating irreverance is the creator and protector of human liberty." Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)
I have been on both sides of this issue and realize we can be worlds apart yet still inhabit this space!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #35
Trailer: Apache
I love this site, even though I sold my Boler some time ago I still look in here often.
My current camper is a 74 Apache Solid State pop-up which is ABS plastic, no fibreglass so hope I don't get flamed now
Among the vintage RV sites that I belong to I rate this one high up, keep up the good work
Denis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #36
Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard 13 ft
This was a wonderful 'sticky' to read. It seems that more and more, people insist that their particular lifestyle or way of doing things is the best. I notice this to a high degree in people of my generation (born in the 70s and early 80s). I remember one time I cooked pizza and my guests told me that they have a pizza stone and that I should have used one too. Well, maybe I don't want to use a pizza stone...

I could go on with similar examples, but let's keep this positive.

But my point is, reading your original post made me realize that this is truly a great community to be a part of. Glad I found you, even though I haven't found a camper!
Adam S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #37
Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
I am a new member to the site and love every minute of it. I never liked forums do to the constant garbage or bickering on them. The forums here are wonderful. I love reading about people and there adventures. Everyone that I have read so far are great. We even get concerned about people that are sick or need help. Sometimes I think Canadians are the only people with respect but I see that south of the border this also holds true. So come on everyone, shake hands and reach out across the land with respect and common decency.
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #38
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Thanks, Alison, for the kind words!
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #39
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Cool Politics and Religion

So, when a post has the word "STICKY" in front of it, it is a permanent sort of guide to use in the website.

I posted some time ago and was brought up by Donna D when she was still a moderator. She did such a sweet job of pointing our how what I said could be taken wrongly. I still remember that and bless her for it.

I understand that one of the social rules to avoid fights is to stay away from the subjects of politics and religion.
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #40
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Thanks for bringing this post to the active part of the forum again.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #41
Name: Lew
Trailer: none
What a great post. You can run your generator anytime your next to us Mike, but first we have to wait for our Lil Snoozy to be built. Can't wait, but must.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #42
Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Good points, Mike! I thinks it's all part of the general downturn in society's moral values. But like others here have said, most members here are more mature & show better behaviour. This is a Great site, with great moderators.

Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote