Elegance of Behavior - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2017, 11:31 PM   #61

Name: CalCop
Trailer: Casita
California
I had to read that twice myself
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:51 AM   #62

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
What happened to you in another forum is sad but you can't undo, fix it, or cure it by discussing what happened there in this forum.

Sounds like you are are dragging the bad feelings along with you into this forum.

There is a behavioral therapy technique that can help with that. Whenever you start dwelling on it mentally say to yourself the words....."stop, enough". It is a great way to quickly short circuit the mental path you actually are sick and tired of walking down. That means you also need to stop writing about it. In a few weeks you will have mentally moved on if you take the time to actually retrain yourself not to drop into that rut of going over and over what happened. It sounds to me like the other persons you mentioned have managed to already do this for themselves. Now you should too.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:07 AM   #63

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
NSW
I would add a reply about one US RV forum. It has aJeykll and Hyde nature. On a lot of the subsections people are very appreciative of photos I post, especially the Travel Trailer section
The Hyde part of the forum is the Tow Vehicles section where they have a resident Troll and some quite nasty individuals.
I posted the photo below and told how a fellow and his wife sold their RAM 6.7 Diesel, as it was overweight for the towing and replaced it with a European MDT 4x4 Truck with 66,000lb towing, which they are very happy about. His wife also drives the vehicle.
Except for two posters and two curious ones, the responses were sarcastic and very derogatory
Attached Thumbnails
image (1).jpg  
RobertRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:14 AM   #64

NSW
An example of the very derogatory posts. More inline with 12 yr olds rather than RVers in their senior years
Comments like they did not like" Ugly Vehicles" being posted on the site. This section is in complete contrast to the curiousity and appreciation shown elsewhere on the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
C8RaL61l.jpg  
Old 05-11-2020, 02:40 AM   #65

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
Robert, you’re replying to an old thread but I’m glad you did. I really like that truck.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:53 AM   #66

NSW
Thanks, it is a Scania MDT. Scania and MAN are part of VW Corporation TRATON group and have been in the process of aquiring Navistar. No doubt the Virus situation has put a hold to that
Old 05-11-2020, 06:39 AM   #67

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Looks perfect for a trip to Alaska. Could have used that TV on my last trip up there. Go anywhere! I'd be tempted to graft a motorhome on the back of that rig.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:41 AM   #68

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRyan View Post
Thanks, it is a Scania MDT. Scania and MAN are part of VW Corporation TRATON group and have been in the process of aquiring Navistar. No doubt the Virus situation has put a hold to that
Buying Navistar? That is the current name of International Harvester. Man talk about things changing. VW division or subsidiary buying International Harvester would have been the punch line to a joke when I was growing up.

Of course when I was growing up VW was running advertisements about how they had improved the VW Beetle by adding a gas gage. Even if it wasn't absolutely necessary with the great gas mileage it seemed useful enough to include in their entirely practical vehicle was the gist of the advert.

IH made big trucks and farm equipment. They also made the power train for our school bus camper. Wife drove that which was a floor mounted stick with air brakes. Not surprised that a wife was driving the vehicle posted.

One question what sort of mileage does that monster truck get. At some point a Hummer starts to look like the practical fuel efficient high ground clearance towing solution. Of course in NSW I doubt a Hummer can be easily purchased. Import of military equipment can be problematic.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:55 AM   #69

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Super cool truck.

I tend to agree with Karen's post above yours, though. Not sure this is the place to air grievances about other forums.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #70

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
Cyber bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
Super cool truck.

I tend to agree with Karen's post above yours, though. Not sure this is the place to air grievances about other forums.
I agree that using the forum to air a grievance about the conduct of other forumers is not productive.

There are a few options open to us:
  • report the abusive comments to the forum managers who will hopefully then deal with the commenters.
  • Do as I do and accept the fact that there are a few bad apples who take great pride in making the lives of the decent people less happy but I get perverse pleasure in knowing that they are Trolls in every sense of the word. And that somehow will get what they deserve, although, it doesn't seem to work that way.
But if they didn't exist, we would have a less disasterous world: no wars, no violence, no climate change, no poverty/class system or dominance.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #71

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
I like the Scania! I got curious and found the infamous "other forum thread." Robert, you gave back as good as you got on that one! Probably all really prolific posters are going to encounter pushback from time to time. It's funny, the member I find most annoying on that sub didn't even post in your thread.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:48 PM   #72

NSW
Yes I agree he was not there
Old 05-11-2020, 03:50 PM   #73

NSW
Not doing that, but other subforums qere very welcoming and productive
Old 05-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #74

NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Buying Navistar? That is the current name of International Harvester. Man talk about things changing. VW division or subsidiary buying International Harvester would have been the punch line to a joke when I was growing up.

Of course when I was growing up VW was running advertisements about how they had improved the VW Beetle by adding a gas gage. Even if it wasn't absolutely necessary with the great gas mileage it seemed useful enough to include in their entirely practical vehicle was the gist of the advert.

IH made big trucks and farm equipment. They also made the power train for our school bus camper. Wife drove that which was a floor mounted stick with air brakes. Not surprised that a wife was driving the vehicle posted.

One question what sort of mileage does that monster truck get. At some point a Hummer starts to look like the practical fuel efficient high ground clearance towing solution. Of course in NSW I doubt a Hummer can be easily purchased. Import of military equipment can be problematic.
Several answers to your questions:
The only " VW" is the person sitting on the Scania and MAN Boards. In reality Scania and MAN are buying Navistar
Fuel is not a concern to the Husband and Wife who own the Truck
Hummer could be bought here, but very few were sold far better Off Road vehicles around
Old 05-12-2020, 05:40 AM   #75

NSW
Quote:
Looks perfect for a trip to Alaska. Could have used that TV on my last trip up there. Go anywhere! I'd be tempted to graft a motorhome on the back of that
Yes would be pretty good for that