Our trailer and car have same size tires
so carry a radial type intertube for emergency use this is only temp fix for worst case. With full tow package you get a full size tire spare instead of donut
so you can use it temp if needed. Smaller trailers will not have our tire size. Ours is a 17' with single offset axle
so large size tire. The larger size trailer tires
are not available in all stores. Would use the spare at back of trailer first though and the spare in trunk for car first.
With full size spare can tow; with donut not so.
We ordered our car new with tow package
Trailer package included:
- hitch with plain draw bar it has about 7" rise
- full size spare tire * * * * great to have change and still tow
- 7 pin wire harness and brake module
- better rad
- extra safety systems
- computer can sense the trailer and changes shift pattern; only down side is when you unhook the trailer it takes a little time to go back to the other shift pattern mileage is lowered but uphill power and passing power is increased
- may include more not sure (heard hd alternator is sometimes included)
- hitch to class 3 with wd system
- wiring module with dedicated power connection (other one burnt as it could not take the load told Toyota dealer the gave us a new module and would have installed it but it under warranty did not have the dedicated power wire so we took the free unit as a spare but did not have it installed)
- transaxle cooler added
- sway bar
Main items in the tow package can be retro fitted to any TV
If you have a donut car spare maybe a full size tire will fit in its place?
p.s was told in US and some other places the tow package may not be the same.