Erm...Sorry if I've been posting too much - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Well I for one, like your posts. Your always here to support, give a quick answer, etc. Maybe someone was just having a bad day. Blow it off! If it were not for everyone here supporting a post asking a question then where would this forum be. Ummmm Boring! Because of my Dh's illness I am home a lot, this forum gives me a little outlet to the real world. Granted as soon as we stop having winter weather in the spring, I hope I can have him out camping and traveling, but still will check in on the forum. Hate to see it be a boring place. I personally love happy, enthusiastic people so please stay that way. Robin
Old 04-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #22

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Talking

Quote:
If you object to someones posts ( even mine) don't read them, just skip over and move on.
No comments needed.
No hurt feelings and everybody's happy and everybody gets to keep what has to be one of the best resources for FB trailers there is.
This comment goes for me too. Whatever you share as an opinion is as valid as anything anyone else posts, unless someone has specific factual knowledge to impart. And if someone posts things with which you continually disagree, don't read them.
And Raya, yours are not among the posts I skip over.
cheers
Ian

Old 04-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #23

Trailer: 77 Scamp
You may reply to my post ANYTIME.......and now that I know you've worked on fiberglass I may have to pick your brain a bit........never noticed you "overposted".....I'm always the sort who asks a question then checks every three minutes irrated I can't get an answer because usually I'm mid-way into a project and need an answer 5 minutes ago......thanks for all you know!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #24

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Also, that was with my "winter beater" 240 wagon as opposed to the "nice" one
[b]AHA! I might have known! You have more than one! So you're not just a FGRV cultist, but a Volvo cultist too!

(It's OK and I'm glad to know you Raya. I am one too! 83 244GL and 85 245DL)
Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #25

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Erm... three?

(But one's just for parts, so that hardly counts )

Raya

One 1987 245
Two 1989 245's

So far I'm keeping the eggs to a manageable level. However, that might not last - like if I find a nice Trillium, or a cute little Compact Jr., or.... Gaaaaah! Good think I'm not out west where there are lots of eggs - I'd have a dozen
Old 04-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #26

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry

Hah. That's brilliant!

I had three two forty's once too!

I had an 83 245 GL with the two current ones. Sort of rare bacause it was a stick shift GL and most of them were automatics. I couldn't justify keeping it though so I sold it a couple of years ago.

Keep them rolling!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #27

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Raya, l k for a private message....
Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #28

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Raya,

You post please,

If the comment came from a moderator I would listen, your welcome to comment to any of my windy posts, your welcome to my camp fire or you may pm me anytime.

Obviously people feel one way or another about anything, that being valid for them personally always...It enters a grey area becoming less valid when it turns into suggestions for you to take action on when unsolicited.

I realize the point they made though...I am a windbag...errr so what? The same suggestion generically was made to me so I backed off a little wanting the electronic sand box here to be for everyone from newbies to the seasoned....Its about the fun Raya which is why I decided it was appropriate to do...I never felt shame or guilt...It just made sense at the time, where I feel I want to let it out I will with the same attitude.

To include everyone means letting us all be who we are, the wordy and the not so wordy too, it is possible with good manners to be good citizens...Even when I received a well meant suggestion I looked at it first from the point of view of how can I learn from this comment, if I struggled with the tenor of the note I have sent a pm to a moderator posing any issue about my conduct or question to them...They always answer...Bless their busy keyboards...The replies have always been "do not worry" be you.

I have busted out loud sometimes laughing about some threads, tried to be of service to some in others, this site makes me a better person with great people including those who had a few suggestions for me that worked!

Be you Raya,

You bring to this board exactly why I came here, an invigorating dialog with diverse people sharing a common interest passionately...lets all promise to leave the cookie cutter at the door.

Peace
Harry
Old 04-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #29

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Hey Raya, and all of you other busy posters,

I am so appreciative of the steady stream of repeat-posters on this forum -- I never would've considered an egg, figured out how to get one, or known how to fix it without this little corner of the internet. We'd still be in my husband's leaky backpacking tent, thinking about a pop-up. From the people who wax eloquent on converters & inverters to the multi-page notes on the best folding table and where to buy it from Winnipeg to Houston . . . thank you, we get out a lot more now that we sleep comfortably and use our laptops to work -- it's been life-altering. Did I say this already?

I worried that I was posting too much recently, because I just dragged my trailer out of storage and got all excited again about fixing it up.

Your Scamp replacement windows tip was invaluable -- so far, they're leading the pack in my window-repair odyssey. And everyone else that is totally into their trailer? Keep on posting -- I'm absorbing as much as I can, and once I (the trailer, I mean!) get presentable enough, I'd love to go to a get-together one of these days and say thanks in person

Old 04-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Raya,

No matter what you post, how often you post, or whether one agrees with your post, as long as you are not out of line by belittling, berating, or being rude to people, you have every right to post whatever and whenever you like.

I too have received similar PM's on a couple of forums. I sometimes come across differently then intended, but never meant anything but good by what I posted. That is the problem with writing for me,I am lousy at it and do MUCH better in person.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread