Erm...Sorry if I've been posting too much - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Unhappy

Fellow eggers,

So, I'd been thinking about getting a camper for years, but never wanted to have to keep a second vehicle just for towing it. When I discovered the small fiberglass eggs -- light enough to tow with my car with capacity to spare -- I was pretty excited And as a side bonus, I'm familiar with fiberglass through working on and around boats.

So the search ensued (and ensued... and ensued... as I tried to find my egg ) It was then when I found FGRV, with its unique, friendly, and enthusiastic community and very helpful archive of posts and information.

At first I didn't post or register; Being a bit shy and private, I just read the forum. But then when I did find an agg, I really wanted to join and so I did. And started posting.

Well, I now realize that I may have gotten a bit carried away, and started posting too much I received a PM from a member that asked,

... how is it you post your 2 cents at the drop of a dime to everyone?

Reflecting, I can see that this person has a point, and that perhaps I have been posting too much, to the annoyance (or rolled eyes) of the general membership I guess it's just that I'm really enthusiastic about the eggs, and I like the forum community, so I read every day -- and then since I'm here, and reading... well, I have thoughts or experiences (or opinions ) to add, and next thing you know, I'm posting a lot.

In my own defense, I do try to contribute useful information, and not just make a high ratio of "non-content" comments or jokes; but still, I guess I am posting rather a lot. I will try to cool it a bit.

And I do hope to meet some of you in real life, out on the road with my egg It's fun to read the posts and interaction between forumites who have actually met up and know each other

Raya
Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
So the search ensued (and ensued... and ensued... as I tried to find my egg ) It was then when I found [b]FGRV, with its unique, friendly, and enthusiastic community and very helpful archive of posts and information.
Amen to that Raya. What makes this site different than other sites are the administrators. Because of their oversight and input people here act just like guests in your living room or you in theirs... helpful just like a neighbor (my neighbors anyway)... and they don't seem to grow keyboard personalities that are foreign to their true self.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Raya, don't be put off by the PM. Different strokes for different folks. I enjoy all your enthusiasm and knowledgeable input. It's enjoying to me when someone (you!) is so excited about the community.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Indeed! Post away! No rolled eyes here.

People's participation often moves in waves. High tides and low tides. Don't let the comments get you down. Not every post has to be a gem (as many of mine demonstrate). All they have to be is civil which your's have been unfailingly.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #5

Trailer: Tent
Quote:
It was then when I found FGRV, with its unique, friendly, and enthusiastic community and very helpful archive of posts and information.
In my own defense, I do try to contribute useful information, and not just make a high ratio of "non-content" comments or jokes;
Raya, Don't let that PM stop you. I too read this site daily, and if I see a posting from you I tend to read it first. Great job and keep it up, I like your comments and .

I used to read another forum about our larger camper, and the criticism and commentary with real negative in your face comments turned me off so much that I just stopped reading.

Perhaps we both have the concept wrong, but I thought the purpose of this forum was to share information, opinion, and positive commentary.

Keep it up...
Mike
Old 04-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #6

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Totally agree, share away! This forum has grown tremendously in the 2 years since I 'found" it so the diversity of members is ever increasing. Don't be put off, if someone doesn't care for your posts they don't have to read them, the rest of us will enjoy them! I too have been "posting too much" lately. As mentioned, that comes and goes for most of us. I was inactive for most of the past 2 years and recent activity in our own trailer owning life pulled me into the forum where I once again found useful info and a community of delightful people, and yes, this forum is moderated so very well and people are generally polite and respectful, your PM was out of character - let it go!

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Old 04-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry

Well, the apology is all well and good, however, don't you tow with a Volvo 240 wagon? So in all your posts, unless I have missed it, I havn't seen a pic of your rig yet!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Raya L... Without enthusiasm for fiberglass where would we all be??? I know some of my posts are "OFF the Wall" and tongue firmly planted in cheek...but thats the way I am!!! I have been BURNISHED from here for a time for comments made in a PM. so"I've looked at clouds from both sides now". If people don't want to read certain posts, censorship is only a mouse click away!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #9

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Raya,

Whom ever sent that PM needs to get a grip. You can never post too many posts.

I think when I first got my Scamp I was overly enthusiastic, not that I'm not enthusiastic now. There's just something about these little fiberglass trailers. I think maybe a solution has been added to the fiberglass that continues to ooze out and engulfs you into this never-never-land of euphoria. Then unbeknownst to you, you are addicted.

I guess somehow that happens even prior to obtaining one. Just with the thought of owning a fiberglass trailer. Maybe it's the Fiberglass Fairy sprinkling her Fiberglass Fairy Dust over the world.

Did I really say that!!! I must be suffering from lack of camping. Gosh, this is historic. I haven't been camping since October 18th. Holy smokes it'll be 6 month since I went camping as I'm not going until mid-May.

I think Lily and I will go out and spend the night in the Scamp tonight.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #10

Trailer: 1981 Burro 13 ft
Raya,

I find that to be very negative on the part of the person who PM'd you with such a comment. This is a shared "forum" for information and opinions and not sure what would give that one person such an inflated sense of importance to think they have a right to make that comment to you. An apology seems to be in order.

Keep on sharing, girl. I enjoy reading your comments.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #11

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Raya

We never tire of your posts.. very interesting, and enthusiastic, never boring to us.

Top Notch. Keep your postings coming. There's always a bad potato in the bag.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Oh how funny that anybody could think one could post too much! I eat this stuff up (and now that I'm off sugar and not eating "recreationally", THIS FORUM is my dessert)!

My dream is to find an abused egg, gut it, and create my own little camper/studio/office that's all mine. In the meantime, I'm keeping a mental list of who to contact for help when I'm in a pickle, and that when the time comes, I'll ask so-and-so about this and so-and-so about that... Raya is my so-and-so for a LOT lately, so PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #13

Wow, thanks everyone. I'm overwhelmed by your responses. At least it means everyone isn't thinking "Groan, not another post by Raya" when they see them.

I really debated whether to quote part of that PM here, as they are meant to be private, and I respect that. On the other hand, I felt a bit ashamed by it, and I had been thinking that maybe I was posting a bit much (with no ebb in the flow), so it struck home. Normally, polite and rule-abiding me would keep it "private" and just live with it, but I decided to just get it out in the open and face up to it with the community here. I hope it wasn't totally inappropriate (Mods, if it is please let me know and I will modify). I did make sure to remove anything that would identify who sent it to me, and I do realize that people can sometimes get carried away online and say things they might not mean (or things that they mean but in a different tone than they intended).

Quote:
There's just something about these little fiberglass trailers. I think maybe a solution has been added to the fiberglass that continues to ooze out and engulfs you into this never-never-land of euphoria. Then unbeknownst to you, you are addicted.
Aha! That explains my addiction to "eggs" and boats!

Again, thanks everyone for your comments and support. Maybe I just needed to hear some of that to counteract the horrible sinking feeling I had when I read the PM this morning. It really is a great group here. I just wish I were closer to more of the gatherings and could meet some of you in person. I may have to move to fix that

Raya
Old 04-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #14

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
In the past boards like these always end up with some "official board Police" which eventually causes division and the demise of the board.
I have to applaud the moderators for keeping this board clean of such foolishness over the years.
I believe the rule to follow is this:
If you object to someones posts ( even mine) don't read them, just skip over and move on.
No comments needed.
No hurt feelings and everybody's happy and everybody gets to keep what has to be one of the best resources for FB trailers there is.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #15

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Quote:
Well, the apology is all well and good, however, don't you tow with a Volvo 240 wagon? So in all your posts, unless I have missed it, I havn't seen a pic of your rig yet!

What everyone else said.

So, I want to see the Volvo too. Had one. Loved it. Shoulda never sold it. ...
Old 04-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #16

I'll have to see if I can get a photo of my rig. I took a couple on my way home with it when I bought it, but they are eenie-meenies on my cell phone. I'm not actually sure how to get them off my cell phone, as I don't have e-mail capability from it (oh to live in a place with AT&T reception so I could get an iPhone...).

Also, that was with my "winter beater" 240 wagon as opposed to the "nice" one

I will take a real camera photo next time I tow my trailer, I promise (right now it's blocked up "in the woods" from the winter).
Old 04-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #17

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
<---------also likes to post alot..
Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #18

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Oh No, not another one from Phil!!!!

I figured I'd throw it at me before you could
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 04-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #19

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Keep posting away Raya...... you can't please everybody and you shouldn't have to. I really enjoy everyones opinion on different topics.....that's how i learn
Joe
Old 04-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #20

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Quote:
Oh No, not another one from Phil!!!!

I figured I'd throw it at me before you could

i have alot of fun here, and have met alot of good people
Closed Thread