Escape 17- with or without Bath... - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Think of resale a bathroom/washroom makes sense. Road travel requires potty stops along the way. I would rather use my bathroom than rest areas. When you get older having your own bathroom is nice to have at night.
Chuck

Old 08-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #30

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
I find that not having the bathroom does limit how long we will boondock. It was nice to be able to take a shower and get spruced up before heading back to civilization.

That said you use the bed, kitchen and seating all the time so having the space a bathroom would take up available is something to consider.

I agree with the previous posters opinions on the resale question, most folks looking for a larger camper will be expecting a fully self contained unit. People will more readily buy a 13 ft. as a "hard sided tent" than something in the 16 or 19 ft. size.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #31

Name: Janet
Trailer: expecting our 19' Escape November 23, 2012
British Columbia
Jim , I like the idea of a smaller bathroom, We are still in the planning stages as well and will have to run that idea by Reace.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #32

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot FT20
Michigan
A 5.0 is the way to go!!!!
Best of both worlds, a bathroom and large bed.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #33

Name: Robert and Laura
Trailer: September 2012: New proud owners of a 2010 Casita SD
California
Yes, 5.0 is the best of all worlds.... and twice the price of a Casita...but I know it is worth it! I hear it's easier to "back in" a 5.0 vs. a trailer into a site. Have no idea, never did it...not yet. The only thing we've backed up is our truck! Looking forward to seeing someone's 19' trailer this week. Two axles...better than one? I guess that's the advantage of the 19' trailer vs. the 5.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszabo View Post
A 5.0 is the way to go!!!!
Best of both worlds, a bathroom and large bed.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #34

Name: Rod
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Tennessee
I am interested in the Escape 15B - it sounds to be well built and within my towing limit. And I like that extra insulation and duel pane windows are available on this model. On the floor plan though, the head/shower looks to be on the small side for showering (I am 5'10"). I would appreciate hearing opinions on this from those who have this model or at least have been in one.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #35

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
There is one for sale on the Escape Forum- less than $15k for late model used. I think it only has the toilet, no shower, maybe more space?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #36

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatt447 View Post
I am interested in the Escape 15B - it sounds to be well built and within my towing limit. And I like that extra insulation and duel pane windows are available on this model. On the floor plan though, the head/shower looks to be on the small side for showering (I am 5'10"). I would appreciate hearing opinions on this from those who have this model or at least have been in one.
There is actually one for sale on this list! It looks new and they are not that common a find. The trailer was at the Oregon meet and I know I am not the only one that has expressed surprise on seeing it that it hasnt sold faster. Contact the seller as I suspect she has a lot more photos of it to share.

As someone who is also 5' 10" suspect you are going to find the shower heads on most of the smaller trailers are on the low side - thus why most of them are set up with the removable hand shower option.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Robert, My wife and I have an Escape 17B with the bathroom. In hindsite we wish we had gotten the 17A.

Bill

Tags
escape