Escape 21' Owner Feedback? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #29

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
We had a Casita FD for 8 years. Loved that little guy. Now have the 21 and wouldn't go back. We looked at the 19 but it just wasn't enough 'more' than the Casita to write that check. Still had a crawl over bed and a smaller bathroom. Plus we were not comfortable in the dinette with the high windows. Then along came Reace and Tammy with the 21. I though I wouldn't like the front bed but it's a non-issue. It's tucked up front beside the huge bathroom. No more crawling over each other in the middle of the night. It feels very spacious inside. We can walk by each other in the aisle and the rear dinette is huge. So nice to lounge around back there and look out, eat, play cards with friends, watch a movie, you get the picture. Tons of storage. Easy to tow - who knew the tandem would be easier to tow?

That being said, it depends on how you are going to use it and what you are comfortable in. If our son decided to get a new trailer (they have a 10 and 11 yo) I would suggest the 19 with the cot option. Go to a rally and look at the different models but we are still loving the 21!

Kathie

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #30

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Dave and Kathie,

If you get to Florida be sure to visit the Rawlings' home.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #31

Name: Marv
Trailer: Escape 5.0 (sold) :(
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've followed ETI builds where folks are turning themselves into pretzels worrying about the exchange rate... really? I knew my budget (I work for wages), and have always figured I could afford XXXX amount. I'm one happy camper... no matter the exchange rate. YMMV
Donna,

You are absolutely right. We got skinned by the exchange rate when we bought four years ago. But so what? It's over. That just means we have to go out and enjoy the Escape more now to make up it.

Marv
Old 02-01-2015, 06:08 PM   #32

Name: Kelley
Trailer: Wilderness
Ohio
H

Anyone have one in the Ft Myers FL area?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #33

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterstilll View Post
You should call Escape directly and ask. They do have a referral system in place.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #34

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
According to the Escape owners map there are 5-6 here on the East Coast, 2 in/near Florida. In addition I believe there will be at least 6 Escapes at the Townsend Rally including my 21 Escape. See here http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...8-a-67255.html
Old 02-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #35

Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterstilll View Post
If you ever get up to the Pensacola area you are welcome to take a look at ours.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:52 PM   #36

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
We had a Casita FD for 8 years. Loved that little guy. Now have the 21 and wouldn't go back. We looked at the 19 but it just wasn't enough 'more' than the Casita to write that check. Still had a crawl over bed and a smaller bathroom. Plus we were not comfortable in the dinette with the high windows. Then along came Reace and Tammy with the 21. I though I wouldn't like the front bed but it's a non-issue. It's tucked up front beside the huge bathroom. No more crawling over each other in the middle of the night. It feels very spacious inside. We can walk by each other in the aisle and the rear dinette is huge. So nice to lounge around back there and look out, eat, play cards with friends, watch a movie, you get the picture. Tons of storage. Easy to tow - who knew the tandem would be easier to tow?

That being said, it depends on how you are going to use it and what you are comfortable in. If our son decided to get a new trailer (they have a 10 and 11 yo) I would suggest the 19 with the cot option. Go to a rally and look at the different models but we are still loving the 21!

Kathie
Thanks for the info, I currently have a 2011 Casita 17' FD which we love, but we want to full time a little more; I looked at Airstreams but the cost is outrageous, and they are not without problems talking to owners. We are considering a 21' Escape. I'm just curious where you can get warrantee work done on them if needed, as we live in Florida?
Old 06-26-2015, 11:10 PM   #37
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Escape will authorize repairs at your local RV shop, not an issue. All the appliances, like fridge, water heater, etc are covered by their manufacturer warranties which will be honored at any warranty center.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape