Escape 5.0 5th. Wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2008, 05:47 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Well it's starting to sink in that the big white hump in the driveway isn't a snowdrift. It was an easy tow home 2hrs. down the freeway and backing in the laneway in the dark seemed daunting at first but I made it, and if I can do it anyone can!!! It cost an arm and a leg and I had to give up my rights to "Our First born Child" but we will be camping in style though we will have to eat beans more often...thank goodness for extra ventilation!!! The next thing will be a name for "Her". Any ideas???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #2

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
You are both a smart and lucky man, Alf. Congratulations and enjoy. Pictures, please.
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Congrats on your new trailer!! i agree pics are a must!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
OH WOW ALF, here I thought I'd have my Escape 5.0 before you, now I'm green with envy. I agree with everyone else, pictures, pictures, pictures!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Congrats!....now for name ideas, since you said your going to be eating beans my vote is for these three depending on your favorite beans, in no particular order...

Rosarita...after the refried beans
Nellie or Nelly........ a shortened version of a white cannilli bean
Libby........brand of wax cut beans

I vote for Nellie as it seems to have more variety...for example when your going to fast down the road..Whooaa Nellie

When you go about town you can say your out will Nell, where as Rosarita shortened you would be saying I'm out with Rosy doesn't quite sound as good.

The origin og the name Nellie is English and means Light (which fiberglass trailers are) and happens to be 145th on the list of popular names.

Enjoy ! Let us know what you name her! Brandy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Cool

Alf S,
Congratulations!!! I just hope you'll be able to put a few dribbles of gas in your tug so you can show her off!
As Donna is fond of saying---pictures, pictures, pictures. We're turning blue in the face because we're holding our collective breaths.

Expanding on what you've already called her, how about "Summer Snowdrift"?

Now the fun begins as you contemplate how to personalize her with your own touches!
Exciting, excruciating anticipation is becoming reality, or is it an "Escape" from reality?

Enjoy the "trip",
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Well, if ur going to be eatin all them beans maybe Pffffftttt would be a good name for the trailer.

Congratulations on getting the trailer a lot of us want. Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories on how it camps over the next year.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hey Alf. Yahoooo!
Now I really am sorry I missed you.
Is this one the "Tours Right"
Jim
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #9

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Congratulations Alf!!

"Escape Artist"????
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #10

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I like snowdrift too. But also one that really fits is Lucky. You are so lucky. And please post pictures.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #11

Registry
Hi: All and thanks for the good wishes. I am to say that I can take the pic's but "SHE" got dirty in the rain on the way home and you wouldn't want dirty pic's posted here!!! The opportunity to own this 11 month old beauty just happened and I felt it too good to pass up. I was thinking of adding "Our ESCAPE Hatch" to the spare cover.
Thanks for the insight and name choices... I'm still thinking.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #12

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Congrats Alf.
Like Donna, that's my dream rig. Maybe in a few years . . . .
Enjoy it.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:56 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Congrats on your new purchase Alf

That 2 hour drive to get her was just a drop in the tank....you need to start plannin that trip out to the west coast for a visit!!

Just for name's sake, the reason we named the trailers 'Escape' is because that's what we do in them! Escape Hatch sounds fitting to me!

Reace and Tammy
Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #14

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Alf, that is truly awesome! I know you'll have boatloads (or is that trailer loads?) of fun with it.

--Peter
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #15

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Hi: All and thanks for the good wishes. I am to say that I can take the pic's but "SHE" got dirty in the rain on the way home and you wouldn't want dirty pic's posted here!!! The opportunity to own this 11 month old beauty just happened and I felt it too good to pass up. I was thinking of adding "Our ESCAPE Hatch" to the spare cover.
Thanks for the insight and name choices... I'm still thinking.
You could call it the "Lake Eerie," Alf, or "Busman's Holiday."
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:57 AM   #16

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
The next thing will be a name for "Her". Any ideas???
Congratulations Alf!!

Considering your last trailer was a play on EtOH beverages and your apparent appreciation of them, I'm thinking of a play on using Fifth might be appropriate.

A fifth to go

If you really did get a deal on this ... the Fifth Deal

Or the "Fifth Dimension", whidh I am leaning towards given the terms usage in popular culture ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_dimension Lists the following usage:

The "Fifth dimension" in popular culture
  • In the fictitious universe of DC Comics, the "Fifth dimension" is the place from which Mister Mxyzptlk comes.
  • In 1966, The Byrds released an album titled Fifth Dimension, in which the fifth dimension is a metaphor for unexplored and unknown aspects of the universe and oneself.
  • The novel The Boy Who Reversed Himself features four and five-dimensional space, referred to as 4-space and 5-space.
  • The hard science fiction novel Diaspora by Greg Egan features a series of ten dimensional universes arrayed inverse to one another, wherein every odd universe has four "macro" dimensions, three space plus one time, and six "submicro" dimensions, manifesting as a 6-sphere per every Planck distance, but which are themselves another ten dimensional universe, featuring six macro dimensions, five space plus one time, and four submicro dimensions per every Planck distance. A substantial portion of the novel depicts daily life and physics in such a universe, which differs substantially due to the peculiar physics hypothesis Egan formulated for the novel.
  • Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone television series intro included the line, "There is a Fifth Dimension, beyond that which is known to man."
  • In the first episode of Doctor Who, Ian Chesterton was teaching his class about the three dimensions when Susan Foreman, his student and the Doctor's granddaughter, corrected him to say there were in fact five dimensions. He agreed the fourth was time, and asked her about the fifth, to which she replied it was 'space'.
  • There is a fictional book, Hyperspace, in a series called 'Choose Your Own Adventure'
  • The characters in Madeleine L'Engle's novel, "A Wrinkle In Time" use the fifth dimension to travel through space.
  • In the children's television program "Mona the Vampire", there is an amusement park ride called the "Fifth Dimensia"
  • Rob Bryanton's book and animation "Imagining the Tenth Dimension" advances the idea that our fourth-dimensional "line of time" is being created one planck length at a time from the available probabiistic branches within the fifth dimension.
  • The Fifth Dimension was a popular soul/pop group in the late 60's starring Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis and featured such hits as "Wedding Bell Blues", Stoned Soul Picnic", "Up, Up, and Away", "Aquarius", and many others...
  • The fifth dimension of love of the Divine is termed by the Gaudiya Vaisnavas in Hindu philosophy as turyatita, the dimension of the soul's Soul.
  • The fifth dimension is mentioned in the book, Mostly Harmless, from the series entitled The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #17

Registry
Hi: and Thanks all... We are still looking for more ideas about names!!! We didn't have this much trouble naming our children!!!
I got up the courage to dock the trailer and pull the tug out from under it tonight. WHEW!!! The baby stood all by itself.
I just can't get over the fit & finish and of course it smells so new...not funky, the sticky tape is still on the fridge shelves and Mary Anne says it's got a real fridge!!! I am told the black water tank has never seen T.P. let alone U Know!!! The queen 8" memory foam mattress looks like a giant marshmallow. OOPS sssorry I am a little spacially challenged with this much room in a trailer.
We welcome any and all visitors and will supply phone# and address by Personal Messages. We will be in attendance at Bolerama "Fiberglass Fever" Emily Prov. Pk. Omemee Ont. Canada July 4/5/6 site 91 Hill C.G. so drop in for a look!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #18

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with Mack the tug)
Good for you Alf, hope you bring it to Emily this year and I can have a look. Hope to see you there now enjoy the newness!
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #19

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe

Name:   GreatEscape.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  7.5 KB

The Great Escape -1963

One of the greatest movies of all time. It wouldn't be such a bad thing to name your trailer after the thoughts of Motivation and Freedom. Afterall, isn't that what a great Escape trailer brings.... freedom!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #20

Trailer: 1999 Starcraft Star Lite 25RQH
Quote:
Hi: All... Well it's starting to sink in that the big white hump in the driveway isn't a snowdrift. It was an easy tow home 2hrs. down the freeway and backing in the laneway in the dark seemed daunting at first but I made it, and if I can do it anyone can!!! It cost an arm and a leg and I had to give up my rights to "Our First born Child" but we will be camping in style though we will have to eat beans more often...thank goodness for extra ventilation!!! The next thing will be a name for "Her". Any ideas???
Hey Little Bro. Marilyn and I are really happy for you and Mary Ann.When we say the unit last week, it is truly awesome. You guys will have so much fun with it and as I said you will have to go shopping to buy stuff to fill all the cupboards and spaces. Names are always fun. I always call our trailer's " Mom's Little House". What about "The Canadian Escape". Just an idea. Love you both. Marilyn and Jim
Jim Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape