Escape 5.0 has hatched! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #71

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
I had emailed Escape on some stuff.. and also asked them who made their awnings.
i hope you can see these support rails are curved ...
The awning is by Carefree, and I bet this particular awning is made specifically for the Escape 5th Wheel. If you see a picture of the entire door side, you'll see where the awning is mounted at an angle, even though when deployed the awning is perfectly straight at the front. This is to keep water from puddling during rain storms.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #72

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
[b]The awning is by Carefree, and I bet this particular awning is made specifically for the Escape 5th Wheel. If you see a picture of the entire door side, you'll see where the awning is mounted at an angle, even though when deployed the awning is perfectly straight at the front. This is to keep water from puddling during rain storms.
Quote:
[b]11' Fiesta Awning
from the Escape website
That is the same make and model of awning I had installed on my Fiber Stream.
That was ingenious to mount it at the roof's natural angle.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #73

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
In a post labeled Escape Showroom Visit - Body Shell Details in the topic Escape Trailer, Anybody Have One?, there are some photos of the awning mountings of an Escape 17. I'm impressed by how flat and reinforced mounting points are provided for the high-stress attachment points of the awning.

Does the Escape 5.0 have the same sort of mounting provisions?

The curved arms sure are a good idea for our eggs; fortunately, curved-arm awnings are available, perhaps because Airstreams and similar rounded designs have been around for a long time.

I was wondering about the unequal arm lengths, and how the fabric was handled. It looks like the fabric is rectangular, and the arm lengths are worked out well so the fabric it ends up a bit warped, but level on the outside edge and set up to drain rearward.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #74

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Well, Ian, Paddy and Gypsy just pulled out of the driveway after a wonderful three-day visit. Here are a couple of photos. While the guys were in the family room jamming, Paddy and I were upstairs in my sewing room making curtains for their new trailer.

What a wonderful couple they are and what a great trailer. (Good job, Reace! ) If they are going to be anywhere near you on their trip to New Mexico, I highly recommend arranging a meeting.

Nancy

Click image for larger version

Name:	waymarks3.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	6163
Attached Thumbnails
waymarks4.jpg  
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #75

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
In a post labeled Escape Showroom Visit - [b]Body Shell Details in the topic [b]Escape Trailer, Anybody Have One?, there are some photos of the awning mountings of an Escape 17. I'm impressed by how flat and reinforced mounting points are provided for the high-stress attachment points of the awning.

Does the Escape 5.0 have the same sort of mounting provisions?

The curved arms sure are a good idea for our eggs; fortunately, curved-arm awnings are available, perhaps because Airstreams and similar rounded designs have been around for a long time.

I was wondering about the unequal arm lengths, and how the fabric was handled. It looks like the fabric is rectangular, and the arm lengths are worked out well so the fabric it ends up a bit warped, but level on the outside edge and set up to drain rearward.
Wow! what a question!! I think the awning is a twisted parallelogram but it works and it means you do not have to worry about the rain running off and you do not have to set your awning at an angle because it is already angled even though it looks straight. Now I have you really confused. Please blame Reace, but it does work and it looks good.

Take care, Ian
Old 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #76

Oregon
Quote:
Did you happen to check the height of the Door. I wonder if it's a bit higher than the one in my Casita. That has been a prob. spot for me with the Casita. This 5th Wheel surely looks nice. Thanks. Dwain
Dwain, Ian sent me the answer to your question:
Quote:
The door is 56cm wide and 157cm high!! Now I know you are confused but we are
Canadians and we are metric. IT IS THE LAW in Canada. On a serious note the door is 22" wide and 62" high and we do duck but we don't even think about it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	6173

Thanks Ian
Old 01-24-2007, 07:12 AM   #77

Trailer: Casita
Thanks, Donna, and Ian too. I find that after I'm out in mine a while, I duck. Then if a time goes by before I use it again, BUMP. LOL Oh well, I can still think!!! Dwain
Old 01-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #78

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Uh oh!

I showed the photos to my wife. Now she wants one! Maybe in a couple of years we'll sell the Casita and buy a new Escape!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #79

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I love the looks and features of this rig

I would be more than happy to help you to by doing a product promotional US tour for you,
using the Escape of course

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, it [b]is the MaxxFan we are installing in the 5.0
Reace
Old 01-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #80

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
In a post labeled Escape Showroom Visit - [b]Body Shell Details in the topic [b]Escape Trailer, Anybody Have One?, there are some photos of the awning mountings of an Escape 17. I'm impressed by how flat and reinforced mounting points are provided for the high-stress attachment points of the awning.

Does the Escape 5.0 have the same sort of mounting provisions?...
Yes, Ian provided the answer in Post #2 of Travels with Ian, Paddy & Gypsy with Rubea II; the mounting points (on the outside, anyway) look just like the 17' model. Excellent!

I know I'm answering my own question, and I only occasionally talk to myself.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #81

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
I'm really glad to hear about the mailbox inciDENT. NOW she's REALLY yours. Until that first scrape your afraid to touch anything. This will certianly make things easier.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #82

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Of the customers who have already placed orders, we know there will be at least one 5.0 at the Oregon Gathering this July!

Natalie
New Member Here - so hello to all!
Very interested in seeing the 5.0 Escape and would like to know more about the Oregon Gathering. Where and when? WA and CA is close also. We are in Astoria, OR.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #83

Oregon
Hi John, welcome to FiberglassRV! I don't want to trash this topic, but I will answer your questions.

Find info on the Oregon Gathering here: 2007 Oregon Gathering. The park is currently fully reserved, but Nancy (in Oregon) is taking names when someone has to cancel and frees up a spot...contact her directly. And you might have to be prepared to come to the gathering at the last minute. There is always a few that cancel in the last week.

Then too, the Northern Oregon Gathering is going on the last weekend in April. Find the info here: Northern Oregon Gathering - Part 2 and there's plenty of room!

Ian and Paddy won't be back this way for several months and I'm not certain if they're going home the same way they came (I-5 through Oregon), but there is time to find out...if you aren't able to make the Oregon Gathering and see it for yourself there.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #84

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
New Member Here - so hello to all!
Very interested in seeing the 5.0 Escape and would like to know more about the Oregon Gathering. Where and when? WA and CA is close also. We are in Astoria, OR.
Hi John: We are heading home in early May through the Columbia Gorge nd then up through Olympia to Port Angeles. We can arrange to meet you near Vancouver, Wa. if that is close enough for you.

I will put your name iinto our 5.0 mail file and send you updates as to where we are and where we expect to be. I will take you off this site upon your requesrt.

Donna D. has told you about the Oregon gathering. sign up with Nancy and cross yor fingers. You have a good chance if anyone cancels.

Feel free to e-mail me at <ianwaymark@mac.com> with any questions or comments.

Happy trails, Ian, Paddy, gypsy and Rubea II

Tags
escape