Escape 5.0 has hatched! - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #81

Trailer: Boler 1984
I'm really glad to hear about the mailbox inciDENT. NOW she's REALLY yours. Until that first scrape your afraid to touch anything. This will certianly make things easier.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #82

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Of the customers who have already placed orders, we know there will be at least one 5.0 at the Oregon Gathering this July!

Natalie
New Member Here - so hello to all!
Very interested in seeing the 5.0 Escape and would like to know more about the Oregon Gathering. Where and when? WA and CA is close also. We are in Astoria, OR.
John Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #83

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi John, welcome to FiberglassRV! I don't want to trash this topic, but I will answer your questions.

Find info on the Oregon Gathering here: 2007 Oregon Gathering. The park is currently fully reserved, but Nancy (in Oregon) is taking names when someone has to cancel and frees up a spot...contact her directly. And you might have to be prepared to come to the gathering at the last minute. There is always a few that cancel in the last week.

Then too, the Northern Oregon Gathering is going on the last weekend in April. Find the info here: Northern Oregon Gathering - Part 2 and there's plenty of room!

Ian and Paddy won't be back this way for several months and I'm not certain if they're going home the same way they came (I-5 through Oregon), but there is time to find out...if you aren't able to make the Oregon Gathering and see it for yourself there.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #84

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
New Member Here - so hello to all!
Very interested in seeing the 5.0 Escape and would like to know more about the Oregon Gathering. Where and when? WA and CA is close also. We are in Astoria, OR.
Hi John: We are heading home in early May through the Columbia Gorge nd then up through Olympia to Port Angeles. We can arrange to meet you near Vancouver, Wa. if that is close enough for you.

I will put your name iinto our 5.0 mail file and send you updates as to where we are and where we expect to be. I will take you off this site upon your requesrt.

Donna D. has told you about the Oregon gathering. sign up with Nancy and cross yor fingers. You have a good chance if anyone cancels.

Feel free to e-mail me at <ianwaymark@mac.com> with any questions or comments.

Happy trails, Ian, Paddy, gypsy and Rubea II
Ian Waymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 AM   #85

Quote:
Hi John: We are heading home in early May through the Columbia Gorge nd then up through Olympia to Port Angeles. We can arrange to meet you near Vancouver, Wa. if that is close enough for you.

I will put your name iinto our 5.0 mail file and send you updates as to where we are and where we expect to be. I will take you off this site upon your requesrt.

Donna D. has told you about the Oregon gathering. sign up with Nancy and cross yor fingers. You have a good chance if anyone cancels.

Feel free to e-mail me at <ianwaymark@mac.com> with any questions or comments.

Happy trails, Ian, Paddy, gypsy and Rubea II
Hello Folks: Vancouver, WA is an easy trip to see the 5.0. Keep us posted as to where and when.
Thanks,
John & Michele Morgan
Astoria, OR
Old 02-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #86

Quote:
Hello Folks: Vancouver, WA is an easy trip to see the 5.0. Keep us posted as to where and when.
Thanks,
John & Michele Morgan
Astoria, OR
Hi John, I need your e-mail address to keep you posted as to where we are and where we are going. It is very difficult to stay in contact with all tjhose on the 5.0 file through the fiberglass RV website. I BCC all recipients so your e-mail address does not get passed on.

Hope this is OK with you and look forward to seeing you in Vancouver.

Happy trails, Ian
Old 02-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #87

Quote:
Hi John, I need your e-mail address to keep you posted as to where we are and where we are going. It is very difficult to stay in contact with all tjhose on the 5.0 file through the fiberglass RV website. I BCC all recipients so your e-mail address does not get passed on.

Hope this is OK with you and look forward to seeing you in Vancouver.

Happy trails, Ian
Ian and Paddy:
E-mail is: morganaka at msn.com and looking forward to seeing you guys in Vancouver. I must tell you we just ordered the 5.0 Escape today with Natalie. Delivery will not be until August 24th so we did not want to wait to see your rig in May before we ordered. If we did, delivery would be into next year. Of course we still want to meet up in Vancouver and see the 5.0.
Hope you're enjoying the sunshine - it has not stopped raining here for 3 weeks and more is due.
Regards,
John & Michele (& Beau is our loyal canine member)
Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 AM   #88

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I must tell you we just ordered the 5.0 Escape today with Natalie. Delivery will not be until August 24th ...
I do think we're going to hold the record for Escape 5th wheels here in Oregon! This is the third one to be purchased by Oregon residents that I know of
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #89

Quote:
I do think we're going to hold the record for Escape 5th wheels here in Oregon! This is the third one to be purchased by Oregon residents that I know of
Maybe it's that "no sales tax thing" - makes you want to buy stuff to get even with the State income tax!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #90

Quote:
Ian and Paddy:
E-mail is: morganaka at msn.com and looking forward to seeing you guys in Vancouver. I must tell you we just ordered the 5.0 Escape today with Natalie. Delivery will not be until August 24th so we did not want to wait to see your rig in May before we ordered. If we did, delivery would be into next year. Of course we still want to meet up in Vancouver and see the 5.0.
Hope you're enjoying the sunshine - it has not stopped raining here for 3 weeks and more is due.
Regards,
John & Michele (& Beau is our loyal canine member)
Hello John, Michele and Beau:

Congratulations on ordering your new 5.0. If you have been following our travels with Rubea II, you will know we are very happy with 5.0 #1. Our problems have been so few that we just ignore them. We know Reace will look after us when we get home.

I have put your e-mail address iinto our 5.0 file so you will be receiving all of our posts frpm now on. There will not be a lot of posts until we head for Yuma in about 4 weeks, but we will stay in touch

Gypsy is looking forward to meeting Beau.

Happy Trails, Ian Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 04-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #91

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
To: Ian, Paddy & Rubea II

Watch for a passing Escape, we are heading out of Sidney on April 20th, bound for Bryce, Zion, then pushing North around to Moab and The Arches, then to the 4 Corners areas returning via the Grand Canyon S rim and then Las Vegas. Our plans from that point are uncertain we intend to return to BC about May 24th to avoid the Memorial Day crowds.

We intend to travel via Port Angeles, to Portland, through the Columbia Gorge on Hwy 84

We are towing our 06 Escape 17 (blue trim) with a grey 04 Nissan Pathfinder, our intention is to take Highway 93 south from Twin Falls Idaho to avoid the Salt Lake City - Provo corridor on this trip.

This will be our first big road trip with our Escape and we are looking forward to it - hopefully our paths will cross.

Gerry & Verna
"The Escapists"
Gerry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #92

You're invited to stay the night in Bear Valley Springs, near Tehachapi if it is on your way. We are 5 hours from Las Vegas, off highyway 58.

This link discusses the area.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=19982
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #93

Quote:

Watch for a passing Escape, we are heading out of Sidney on April 20th, bound for Bryce, Zion, then pushing North around to Moab and The Arches, then to the 4 Corners areas returning via the Grand Canyon S rim and then Las Vegas. Our plans from that point are uncertain we intend to return to BC about May 24th to avoid the Memorial Day crowds.

We intend to travel via Port Angeles, to Portland, through the Columbia Gorge on Hwy 84

We are towing our 06 Escape 17 (blue trim) with a grey 04 Nissan Pathfinder, our intention is to take Highway 93 south from Twin Falls Idaho to avoid the Salt Lake City - Provo corridor on this trip.

This will be our first big road trip with our Escape and we are looking forward to it - hopefully our paths will cross.

Gerry & Verna
"The Escapists"
Hello Gerry and Verna. Please keep us informed as to where you are. We should be able to cross paths somewwhere, and would enjoy meeting you both.

Happy Trails, Ian and Paddy
Old 04-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #94

Quote:

Gerry & Verna
"The Escapists"
Hello again: We intend to be in Bryce around April 24/25 and then head on up to Provo to show off Rubea II. It does sound like we will all be in the same area around the same time. If you would like to send me your e-mail address I will keep you posted as to where we are and where we expect to be. We will probably take Highway 84 into a lovely RV/marine park in Umatilla on the south side of the Columbia River.

If my reply is disjointed it is only because we are in and out of a signal on our wi-fi.

Take care, Ian and Paddy.

PS: long road trip in the Escape are fun and cozy, tonight will be our 87th night of this trip with three weeks to go.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #95

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
"We intend to be in Bryce around April 24/25 and then head on up to Provo to show off Rubea II."

Ian and Paddy

It appears we will be able to get away from the Island on the 19th it would be great to meet up with you seasoned RV'ers at Bryce. We do not yet have a laptop so we can only communicate for the next day or so. My e-mail is "(grcw@shaw.ca)"

It appears the North Campground will be the only site available in the park so whomever gets there first can let the site operator know we are trying to meet up.

We are starting to get excited about the trip. Work is grinding to a halt on my boat project and I've gotta de winterize the Escape, install a new bike rack, check all systems and load up our stuff.

Thane Lundberg

Thanks for the invite, our initial plans did not have us heading out to SoCal but who knows? We are somewhat adhoc travellers, perhaps you could give us your e-mail address should our plans change. We are planning to head to the Baja in November - we have a timeshare booked in Cabo for the 24th, a side trip to Tehachapi could be interesting.

Gerry & Verna
Gerry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #96

Love to chat, just click on my name on the left and select send personal message and that will pull up an e-mail window.

We can discuss trailer mods. I am now working on adding a third waste tank, 15 to 18 gallons, to extend dry camping time.

Thane
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #97

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Reace..."You've come a long way baby"!!! Now it's on to the new 5.0TA.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
021.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #98

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Reace... Thanks for the build pic's. of our "Escape Hatch II" tho we really hate to part with "Our Escape Hatch".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie :
Attached Thumbnails
060.JPG   063.JPG  

065.JPG   067.JPG  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape