Escape Trailer Industries - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
During our last trip we stopped in Chilliwack, BC at Escape's facility to ask a few questions and buy a few parts. The owner, Reace, was wonderful with his help and suggestions. Can't say enough about how well we were received and treated.

We also enjoyed seeing 3 Escapes in the middle of production and the extras that custom built units can include. If you're ever in the area it's worth a stop.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 35 ft Park Model
We are going to downsize from our 21 footer. I've made reservations to rent an Escape for the Sept 1st long weekend - to see if it fits our needs.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
We have a boler but are thinking of up-grading to an escape. Having a bathroom seems to be more important as we grow older...

What surprised me is they have electric brakes. The way people mention electric brakes I get the feeling they aren't desirable. Are there issues with electric brakes that we should be aware of before buying?

thanks
Jen'nBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Electric Brakes are a must. They are a good thing.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Ellen, I believe at least ONE of those trailers was being done for a member of our site here (the one with the screen door?).

He does always have one on hand for rental use (maybe in an effort to try to convince those fence sitters what a great product he makes...)

Did you see the two toned custom painted one???
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:22 AM   #6

Trailer brakes (when you can get them) are a must-have, without a doubt.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Quote:
Ellen, I believe at least ONE of those trailers was being done for a member of our site here (the one with the screen door?).

He does always have one on hand for rental use (maybe in an effort to try to convince those fence sitters what a great product he makes...)

Did you see the two toned custom painted one???
Saw the two-tone one - very nice. They were also working on another trailer that had a built in stereo, a flat screen tv with pull-out arm mounted near the bathroom. halogen reading lights, large built in microwave, and boat rack. They seem to be able to try to do whatever the customer wants. We mentioned some of our experiences with the trailer and they are glad of feedback from owners. Next time we're down we are going to see if they can put in a small door into one of the seat compartments for easier access for storage.

Wanted to have a look at the fifth wheel but was told things are going slower than anticipated and they don't know when production will begin. They are concentrating more on custom built units rather than putting out a generic model and selling them through dealers. Right now to get an Escape you order directly from them.

Electric brakes are a must. We definately needed them on our trip to Alaska and over the Top of the World Highway.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:42 PM   #8

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Quote:
We are going to downsize from our 21 footer. I've made reservations to rent an Escape for the Sept 1st long weekend - to see if it fits our needs.
Surprised to hear that Rick. We were thinking of selling our 17 and replace it with a BF camper so we can pull a boat......
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
What surprised me is they have electric brakes. The way people mention electric brakes I get the feeling they aren't desirable. Are there issues with electric brakes that we should be aware of before buying?
The reason you are reading a lot about electric brakes is that folks who like to do their own work may be running into them for the first time and are asking for help -- It's complicated to install the brakes after-market because mechanical and electrical work must be done on both the tow vehicle and the trailer -- Also, they require a slightly different skill-set from automotive brakes to troubleshoot and repair. All that said, they are reliable (if maintained properly) and are an important safety factor when towing.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Surprised to hear that Rick. We were thinking of selling our 17 and replace it with a BF camper so we can pull a boat......
Mike: Sue and I were basic campers before we got into the Bigfoot 21. It's only the 2 of us and the best part we actually use is the dry bed at night. Ok, I love the seperate shower and a few other luxuries but in general this trailer is wasted on us. We also prefer to back country camp ( while ATV'ing) and some of those roads are not to kind to a 38 foot train. I do know that in 5 to 10 years the B21 will be perfect for our lifestyle - just not so much now.

P.S. I hear Otto is closing - might be a good time to pick up a deal on a 10'6"......
Old 08-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
"Did you see the two toned custom painted one??? "

You mean I could have had mine painted to match my car

Oh well, guess I'll just have to be happy with my screen door and exterior shower
Natalie, at Escape, is going to try to get me some pictures of my little egg in progress

Only TWO more weeks until my egg hatches and I pick her up!!!!
(oh no, I'm not at all excited)

Our maiden voyage will be Chilliwack to Calgary (stopping off at Lake Windermere to visit the old family cabin where I spent my summers as a kid); visit family and take in the big horse jumping show at Spruce Meadows; then back home to Portland via Spokane. Expect many pictures!!
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 PM   #12

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I'll refrain from comment on the two-toned splash job, except for my in my post!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape