Excited to see Scamps in IL - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #1

Name: Naomi
Trailer: In the market
Illinois
Excited to see Scamps in IL

I went camping (tent) this past weekend at Illinois Beach State Park and there were TWO Scamps in the non-reserve row. An older 16 with a front window under repair and a newer 13. I biked by a few times, but was too chicken to bother the owner of the 16. So I guess this is how I’ll say hi! It made me super happy to see your trailers, if only from a distance. I’ve never seen any in Illinois. I hope you enjoyed the park and beach!
Chitown Naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:16 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Illinois Fiberglass

Hi Chitown Naomi
If yo want to see a great collection of fiberglass trailers in Illinois, pack your tent and point it west on I80 to Thompson Illinois the last weekend in September. There will be about 30 Fiberglass trailers mostly Escapes but others too, at the Thompson Causeway Corps of Engineers CG. There are tent sites adjacent to the loop we are in (99-127). Pack your tent come on down and join us. There are trailer tours on Saturday. You’re welcome to join the potluck on Saturday evening. Mississippi River Rendezvous. Thompson Causeway COE.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:51 AM   #3

Illinois
Thanks for the invite, Iowa Dave! That’s really sweet, especially as I’m just a wannabe still.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
We have a 13Scamp Deluxe in Morris, come see it.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail.jpg axle7.jpg   thumbnail.jpg axle6.jpg  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #5

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Chitown Naomi
If yo want to see a great collection of fiberglass trailers in Illinois, pack your tent and point it west on I80 to Thompson Illinois the last weekend in September. There will be about 30 Fiberglass trailers mostly Escapes but others too, at the Thompson Causeway Corps of Engineers CG. There are tent sites adjacent to the loop we are in (99-127). Pack your tent come on down and join us. There are trailer tours on Saturday. You’re welcome to join the potluck on Saturday evening. Mississippi River Rendezvous. Thompson Causeway COE.
Iowa Dave
Hi Dave. Is this advertised anywhere or is it a "if you know, you know" kind of event?
Justus C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
This rally was originally organized by an Escape Owner and continues to be his baby. As such communication has largely been on the Escape owners forum. However many folks feel strongly that exclusivity is not in the spirit and as such we have had Scamps, Casitas, a Boler and a couple other brands at this rally. The loop we have been in down there fills up and we have several campers including Escape units come down and stay in a couple other loops and participate with everyone else. I’m sure that could be the case for you this year if you so desire. Some folks arrive on Wednesday and some stay through Sunday and leave on Monday. There’s a small donation for firewood and to offset the rental of the pavilion which is not at all burdensome. Hope this helps. I tented for many years and when I learn of tenters thinking about going to a fiberglass trailer I encourage them to attend a rally and tour trailers. Then I enjoy hearing about their successes and love for their trailer a couple years later. Hope this helps.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #7

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
Don't forget there is my scamp 13 which is probably 1 mile away from you.
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #8

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
We have a 13Scamp Deluxe in Morris, come see it.

Floyd, that’s one nice Scamp! I like your bike rack.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:58 PM   #9

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gompka View Post
Don't forget there is my scamp 13 which is probably 1 mile away from you.

You better believe I keep a lookout for your Scamp when I take the kids the school. I rented a 13 earlier this year, so I have a sense of it. I wanted to peek inside the 16, but the owner was chilling in his hammock and I just didn’t have the guts to be a bother. I was mostly psyched to see Scamps out in the wild.

Tags
scamp