Fair Price - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #21

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
For a little perspective on supply and demand for fg trailers if you look on kijjii Ontario under trilliums for sale you will see 1 for sale and 8 ads for trillium wanted
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, and loot at the upswing right here with new members posting WTB ads and asking questions. It's the season of buyers wanting to buy for the summer and it will continue for the next 6 months when the bubble will burst.... and we start over again.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #22

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B Raven and a Pearl
Alberta
thanks all

Dave it has fiberglass cupboards with oak doors ( painted blue now with some nice new handles) front kitchen and one bed that can be set up for king or queen

i know i have some pictures somewhere but i cannot find them

Well i guess i will have to think a little about price but we were treated really fairly with the new to us escape so i would like do that as well

i am a full disclosure seller though i will tell the potential buyers everything i know about the trailer

We have done quite a bit of work like new propane lines, Foam and covers, bumper, a new axle etc etc

Really i guess i need someone to care about her after all this work i have grown attached. Supposed to get to the freezing mark this weekend so the big melt is here
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #23

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Cutting to the chase:

The "Vintage Trailer market" is hot as a pistol right now; and thanks at least in part to this site, molded fiberglass is a headliner.

Unless you're desperate for the money:
Wash it, get anything that looks "new" out of it, and advertise it as a "Rare Collector's Trailer". No more being made etc. etc. etc. Ask for at least $5,000.00 because, let's face it, this is a Rare Bird.

Don't act too eager...let folks think they're getting Something Special and wait for the person to come along that's ready to believe it.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #24

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Something as simple as door seals can make a big difference in temperatures in a smaller fridge.

Since fridge works on the basis of heat exchange and typically only has a single exchange unit inside the circulation of air inside will make it more effective. As will better air flow / draw behind the fridge. If it can make or maintain ice cubes in the freezer on a 75 - 80 degree day it works. But I bet it won't make them fast.

I would say worth putting one of those little battery powered fridge fans in, and a fridge/freezer thermometer. Let buyer see what is and point out there are limits to how much it can cool on a really hot day. (stay out of it and it will stay cooler from the night before)
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Alan, A fibreglass front kitchen TM-14 is a valuable trailer. The right buyer would be very happy to find it. Wait till summer. Price it in the $5000 to $6000 area and get some good pictures.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan in alberta View Post

Really i guess i need someone to care about her after all this work i have grown attached.
I know the feeling. Had someone make a very attractive offer to purchase mine last summer but I have seen the state of their current trailer..... would kill me to see mine in the same state. We do get a just a little attached to them even if we know they are not our forever trailer!

Re the fridge and its a ability to freeze. One thing I have discovered the hard way was that when in hot weather turning the fridges temp controller down too low can result in way to much ice build up in the freezer compartment area. When that happens the fridge will struggle even more in hot weather. The less ice build up in the freezer compartment area the better performance from the fridge. There is actually something in the owners manual on that topic. Have also found that if I stuff the freezer compartment to full it does tend to develop to much ice build up around the outside of the compartment area.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I have a new Escape 5.0 TA on order. I want to be a hoarder I'm not sure I can sell in my current Scamp. I don't care if it's consider vintage (I AM), or a classic or what....

WHY, oh WHY do we get so attached to these things?????

Best of luck in your decision...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #28

Alberta
It has to go to make room for the Escape

With the Surfside, the vw van, my sons boler and the utilty trailer i am out of room... unless i rent a storage spot

Donna i have only been in the escape a few times because it has been so cold here but it is great.

Without the new one i would not be able to part with the Surfside. I guess i can always work on the Boler ...... it needs lots of work
Old 03-06-2014, 10:25 PM   #29

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
It has to go to make room for the Escape

With the Surfside, the vw van, my sons boler and the utilty trailer i am out of room... unless i rent a storage spot
I'd get rid of the utility trailer, you can alway rent one with ease. Or give it to a neighbour who can use it. Chances are they will let you borrow it.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #30

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Donna, if you don't need the $ for the new one and can store both...keep it, at least till you know for sure that the new rig is the total answer for all your camping trips. It sure isn't going to loose any value. I keep a 19' sticky that I leave out at camp and use when my retired buddies come out for a 3 to 4 months desert winter stay. The SD is for traveling . Just a thought for you to ponder .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #31

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Donna, if you don't need the $ for the new one and can store both...keep it, at least till you know for sure that the new rig is the total answer for all your camping trips. It sure isn't going to loose any value. I keep a 19' sticky that I leave out at camp and use when my retired buddies come out for a 3 to 4 months desert winter stay. The SD is for traveling . Just a thought for you to ponder .
Good point, Donna in less than 15 years your granddaughter will be driving! We all know that once the kids hit 13 (sometimes earlier) they don't want to be sleeping in the same trailer with the adults anyways. You would be the best Grandmother ever if you just gave her, her very own vintage trailer!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #32

What a hoot. Donna D. the trailer hoarder. Kinda like the ring of that!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #33

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
If you have some place to put them, it is kinda fun, and time consuming.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:22 AM   #34

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Donna you would have to change your name to Double Egg Yolk if you keep both of them
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #35

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Donna you would have to change your name to Double Egg Yolk if you keep both of them

Or Double D
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #36

Trust me group... I've gone out under the carport with a tape measure!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #37

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Trust me group... I've gone out under the carport with a tape measure!
Doesnt you daughter have a home she can store it at for you until her daughter is old enough to drive? I rather like the Double D nick name for you
Old 03-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #38

Alberta
We have three in the family if you count my sons boler

from none to three in just a few years

How many do you have to have to be an addict ??
Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #39

Quote:
How many do you have to have to be an addict ??
Just one. There's something about the SMELL of an all molded towable that takes regular folks (who thought camping meant tents) into visionaires....