Favorite Gifts for the Fiberglass RVer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
Member
 
Pat Thomson's Avatar
 
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Posts: 66
Registry
Here's some stuff we've received as gifts over the years:
- new Dometic canopy for the Trillium
- pair of wooden ducks (our mascots!)
- Coleman can cosies to keep that beer cooler longer
- Long-handled forks for use over the fire

Stuff we've picked up that has stood the test of time:
- Little wooden folding table to go beside the door (about $10 at Canadian Tire)
- Polypropolene 5 x 7 rug for outside (about $50 at Wal-Mart)
- Dishpan with dishrack that nests inside ($15-20 at RV dealers)
- Folding collapsible broom (these things can be got at RV stores, they are a little pricey, but they fit in the Trillium's half-height closet) (Ours was $25 - you may be able to find one for less)
- Scissor jacks from TSC ($20 each)
- For Trillum owners with bad backs, check out Z-mats from Foamite - $50 ea - and they come in 'gaucho' size. They fold up and are easier to handle than foam slabs.

Hope this helps with making that list for 'RV Santa'!
__________________

__________________
Pat Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,236
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Bobbie,

Any coffee pot works by boiling water and pouring it thru. We have done this while boondocking. It allows us to carry just one coffee pot.

As I age the best gift would be youth, now that we're retired we have time.
The point here is that I use K-cups at home so if I used loose coffee camping I'd have to guess at tiny amounts, and then have the cleanup issue. (Not easy without much room and I'm usually not using the sink even if I wanted to take a chance at grounds going down the drain.) When I've used loose coffee methods I've ended up with stale packages of loose coffee. I want something easy to clean up and that stays fresh.
__________________

__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,236
Registry
I'm also planning to make myself a nice lap quilt for use while camping. I got some great camping fabrics and will back it with a nice warm fleece, just right to tuck around me in the recliner while I read (and enjoy my coffee) on a cool morning. I should have it done by next spring as I won't do anything very fancy in terms of piecing.
__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Gilda's Avatar
 
Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Posts: 1,226
Registry
I'm delighted to see the responses both practical and frivolous! Keep the ideas coming!
Gilda
__________________
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
D Davis's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Posts: 1,000
Some of these ideas are so funny, thanks guys for making me laugh!
Dear Santa,
I'd wish for a little UHaul Hut to Keep the little UHaul Warm and Dry.
I also am extremely respectful of the response for "GOOD HEALTH" very True.
__________________
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Chalet
Posts: 510
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I'm also planning to make myself a nice lap quilt for use while camping. I got some great camping fabrics and will back it with a nice warm fleece, just right to tuck around me in the recliner while I read (and enjoy my coffee) on a cool morning. I should have it done by next spring as I won't do anything very fancy in terms of piecing.
This sounds so good.....I have been looking for some camping related fabric for some projects I wanted to make for myself and as gifts,but have had no luck finding any. Where did you find yours? Do you quilt?
__________________
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,236
Registry
I ordered a couple of fat quarters from Spoonflower (they had a BOGO sale) and then ordered another camping fabric I found online. This one from Spoonflower:
'Pup Tents' 2 (Let sleeping dogs lie.) fabric by hauteideas for sale on Spoonflower - custom fabric, wallpaper and wall decals and also this one Campers best friend fabric by rusticcorgi for sale on Spoonflower - custom fabric, wallpaper and wall decals but they have tons of others, including a lot of cute ones with trailers. Then I found this one
Camping equipment food toss - Foods and Beverages/Kitchen, Musical Fabrics and This one at Musicalfabrics.com I'll fill in mostly with solid colors, probably.

I sort of quilt- nothing fancy, I just got into it recently though most of my sisters are pros, also my Mom. I do squares, nothing with points! My interest in quilting has more to do with the fabric than the quilt pattern. I might get more interested in fancy piecing later but I doubt it as I don't have that kind of patience with being extremely precise.
__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
For me, a fully funded retirement account.... so I can start RVing in earnest!

About the K cups, I can't picture how a K cup could be used in conjunction with a french press. Except if maybe you simply opened the K cup and poured the coffee into the press. But then, couldn't you also refill the empty K cup with the same amount of loose coffee and pour that in (use it as a K-measuring-cup)?
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,236
Registry
It's a special press that fits K-cups. I've considered pouring a K-cup into a French press but I hate having to clean out a French press. I definitely don't want to have to do it camping. I've heard the Aeropress is easier to clean and considered that, but you still have to store loose coffee. I'll post on the how do you make coffee thread on how it works- I've seen one good review but it's pretty new (took ages to get to marekt.)
__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Posts: 1,320
ok,,,i have been thinking about this,, and i could say,,, a lifetime supply of jameson,,or a new fishing pole ,,or all sorts of things. but the truth is any of those things that i want, i would just go out and buy when the mood strikes me. so what is the one thing i can't buy for myself, but want more then anything for christmas?,,,,,hmmmm, i really have everything already. a beautiful wife whom i have worshiped for 40 + years. i nice comfortable home. good cars, a motorcycle. 3 children that grew into beautiful, adults that i am very proud of. 4 grandchildren that i would (and frequently do) do anything for. i beautiful knew scamp. and its almost time to retire and go play. i have had amaising experiances, everything in my life from saving peoples lives, to the horror of war. the comradship and heartaches that go with it.
yes my life has been full , and wonderful. so what i would ask for, is the time and opportunity to tell all those people that have meant so much to me, just what an impact they have had on my life. and the chance to thank them for being who they are, and allowing me a brief bit of time with them.
so in case i never said it, thank you all for being such cool folks.
__________________
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so, some have entertained angels unaware.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Sue and Henry's Avatar
 
Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Posts: 575
Registry
Baby moons for my burro. I've found the ones I want on line. So someone can just pick them up for me!
__________________
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
honda03842's Avatar
 
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Posts: 7,300
Mike Magee,

Fully funded retirement account..... How does one define a fully funded retirement account? It seems things like this can be allusive and for some never attainable.

We have numerous friends who have retired with adequate pensions/retirement accounts and have gone out and sought new jobs, working again.

Another property of retired couples is that for decades they have been separated by career jobs and apparently want to keep it that way when they have been presented with the gift of time that can be spent together.
__________________
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Mike Magee,

Fully funded retirement account..... How does one define a fully funded retirement account? It seems things like this can be allusive and for some never attainable.

We have numerous friends who have retired with adequate pensions/retirement accounts and have gone out and sought new jobs, working again.

Another property of retired couples is that for decades they have been separated by career jobs and apparently want to keep it that way when they have been presented with the gift of time that can be spent together.
i find my retiremeant account is fully funded,,,unfortunately,,,my spending account is lacking quite badly,,,,,lol
__________________
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so, some have entertained angels unaware.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Robin G's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
ok,,,i have been thinking about this,, and i could say,,, a lifetime supply of jameson,,or a new fishing pole ,,or all sorts of things. but the truth is any of those things that i want, i would just go out and buy when the mood strikes me. so what is the one thing i can't buy for myself, but want more then anything for christmas?,,,,,hmmmm, i really have everything already. a beautiful wife whom i have worshiped for 40 + years. i nice comfortable home. good cars, a motorcycle. 3 children that grew into beautiful, adults that i am very proud of. 4 grandchildren that i would (and frequently do) do anything for. i beautiful knew scamp. and its almost time to retire and go play. i have had amaising experiances, everything in my life from saving peoples lives, to the horror of war. the comradship and heartaches that go with it.
yes my life has been full , and wonderful. so what i would ask for, is the time and opportunity to tell all those people that have meant so much to me, just what an impact they have had on my life. and the chance to thank them for being who they are, and allowing me a brief bit of time with them.
so in case i never said it, thank you all for being such cool folks.



Really John, you had to make me cry first thing in the morning? Absolutley beautiful thoughts! Your family is blessed to have someone so thankful for them in his life..........
__________________

__________________
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photos of rver iv 2010 BAMA & Pachyderm Posse General Chat 2 10-20-2010 06:37 PM
Handmade gifts to give for the trailer owner Donna D. General Chat 8 12-21-2008 07:40 PM
RVER II BAMA & Pachyderm Posse Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 3 09-07-2008 03:57 PM
RVER Thank You Thomas M General Chat 1 09-15-2007 11:34 PM
LADIES - Father's Day - gifts for the man Legacy Posts Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 12 05-27-2003 09:54 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.