Favorite Gifts for the Fiberglass RVer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #21

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I ordered a couple of fat quarters from Spoonflower (they had a BOGO sale) and then ordered another camping fabric I found online. This one from Spoonflower:
'Pup Tents' 2 (Let sleeping dogs lie.) fabric by hauteideas for sale on Spoonflower - custom fabric, wallpaper and wall decals and also this one Campers best friend fabric by rusticcorgi for sale on Spoonflower - custom fabric, wallpaper and wall decals but they have tons of others, including a lot of cute ones with trailers. Then I found this one
Camping equipment food toss - Foods and Beverages/Kitchen, Musical Fabrics and This one at Musicalfabrics.com I'll fill in mostly with solid colors, probably.

I sort of quilt- nothing fancy, I just got into it recently though most of my sisters are pros, also my Mom. I do squares, nothing with points! My interest in quilting has more to do with the fabric than the quilt pattern. I might get more interested in fancy piecing later but I doubt it as I don't have that kind of patience with being extremely precise.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
For me, a fully funded retirement account.... so I can start RVing in earnest!

About the K cups, I can't picture how a K cup could be used in conjunction with a french press. Except if maybe you simply opened the K cup and poured the coffee into the press. But then, couldn't you also refill the empty K cup with the same amount of loose coffee and pour that in (use it as a K-measuring-cup)?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #23

Registry
It's a special press that fits K-cups. I've considered pouring a K-cup into a French press but I hate having to clean out a French press. I definitely don't want to have to do it camping. I've heard the Aeropress is easier to clean and considered that, but you still have to store loose coffee. I'll post on the how do you make coffee thread on how it works- I've seen one good review but it's pretty new (took ages to get to marekt.)
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #24

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
ok,,,i have been thinking about this,, and i could say,,, a lifetime supply of jameson,,or a new fishing pole ,,or all sorts of things. but the truth is any of those things that i want, i would just go out and buy when the mood strikes me. so what is the one thing i can't buy for myself, but want more then anything for christmas?,,,,,hmmmm, i really have everything already. a beautiful wife whom i have worshiped for 40 + years. i nice comfortable home. good cars, a motorcycle. 3 children that grew into beautiful, adults that i am very proud of. 4 grandchildren that i would (and frequently do) do anything for. i beautiful knew scamp. and its almost time to retire and go play. i have had amaising experiances, everything in my life from saving peoples lives, to the horror of war. the comradship and heartaches that go with it.
yes my life has been full , and wonderful. so what i would ask for, is the time and opportunity to tell all those people that have meant so much to me, just what an impact they have had on my life. and the chance to thank them for being who they are, and allowing me a brief bit of time with them.
so in case i never said it, thank you all for being such cool folks.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #25

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Baby moons for my burro. I've found the ones I want on line. So someone can just pick them up for me!
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #26

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Mike Magee,

Fully funded retirement account..... How does one define a fully funded retirement account? It seems things like this can be allusive and for some never attainable.

We have numerous friends who have retired with adequate pensions/retirement accounts and have gone out and sought new jobs, working again.

Another property of retired couples is that for decades they have been separated by career jobs and apparently want to keep it that way when they have been presented with the gift of time that can be spent together.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #27

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Mike Magee,

Fully funded retirement account..... How does one define a fully funded retirement account? It seems things like this can be allusive and for some never attainable.

We have numerous friends who have retired with adequate pensions/retirement accounts and have gone out and sought new jobs, working again.

Another property of retired couples is that for decades they have been separated by career jobs and apparently want to keep it that way when they have been presented with the gift of time that can be spent together.
i find my retiremeant account is fully funded,,,unfortunately,,,my spending account is lacking quite badly,,,,,lol
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #28

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
ok,,,i have been thinking about this,, and i could say,,, a lifetime supply of jameson,,or a new fishing pole ,,or all sorts of things. but the truth is any of those things that i want, i would just go out and buy when the mood strikes me. so what is the one thing i can't buy for myself, but want more then anything for christmas?,,,,,hmmmm, i really have everything already. a beautiful wife whom i have worshiped for 40 + years. i nice comfortable home. good cars, a motorcycle. 3 children that grew into beautiful, adults that i am very proud of. 4 grandchildren that i would (and frequently do) do anything for. i beautiful knew scamp. and its almost time to retire and go play. i have had amaising experiances, everything in my life from saving peoples lives, to the horror of war. the comradship and heartaches that go with it.
yes my life has been full , and wonderful. so what i would ask for, is the time and opportunity to tell all those people that have meant so much to me, just what an impact they have had on my life. and the chance to thank them for being who they are, and allowing me a brief bit of time with them.
so in case i never said it, thank you all for being such cool folks.

Really John, you had to make me cry first thing in the morning? Absolutley beautiful thoughts! Your family is blessed to have someone so thankful for them in his life..........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #29

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Musgrave View Post
This sounds so good.....I have been looking for some camping related fabric for some projects I wanted to make for myself and as gifts,but have had no luck finding any. Where did you find yours? Do you quilt?
Lynn, you should be able to find some at a quilting shop that carries the Laurie Wishbrun designs called Roughing It which can be seen at the Robert Kaufman website.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #30

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Really John, you had to make me cry first thing in the morning? Absolutley beautiful thoughts! Your family is blessed to have someone so thankful for them in his life..........

Boy do I second that!!!! John your words are those of a wise man! One should never assume that there will be a tomorrow to do something you want to do with someone or say something to someone young or old.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #31

Registry
Here are a few other popular items that many folks I know with fiberglass trailers all either have or want:

REI Camp Roll top Table - Camping world has them in a bit bigger size as well.

A carrying bag of Level Blocks

A propane Fire Pit - such as Fire Dancer or Campfire in a Can. A must have for those who camp in forest areas where actual wood fires are banned for a better part of the summer due to high forest fire hazard.

A Quad LED Light such as the Coleman one.

A good stocking stuffer is a Water Thief - I carried on of these around for 4 years never needed it - then last year I needed it about 5 times.

Another stocking stuffer is A plug in LED battery monitor.

A voltage Meter.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #32

Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
An "ove-glove", or better yet a pair of "ove-gloves".
Rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #33

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Crank flashlight and a crank radio!

"Dear Santa.... I can explain.... honest."
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #34

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

"Dear Santa.... I can explain.... honest."

Awwww, just save Santa a trip and be naughty!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #35

Trailer: Boler 1984
The ability to remember all the nice folks we've met along the way.
...............to remember where my campsite is.
...............to remember who the guy in the mirror is
...............to remember?????
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #36

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Bobbie and Carol ....Thank you both so much for the fabric sights. Now the only problem is to decide what I like most.

In my younger days(before kids...oh & now grand kids) I use to quilt the" ole fashion" way,by hand on a quilt frame hung from the ceilling. Needless to say I have not done that since my mother passed away 15 years ago use to love quilting bees. I do have a daughter that quilts all the time useing her sewing machine.She does beautiful work on anything from lap size all the way up to king size. i find that now I do not have the eye sight or I don't have that kind of patience with being extremely precise anymore.So I leave the detail stuff to the girls(all 3 are skilled craft people)

I like to do small projects that don't take lots of time or patiences.DD that quilts also has dogs so I sent her the links that i got from you girls.

Thanks again....and Happy Camping
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Another stocking stuffer is A plug in LED battery monitor.

A voltage Meter.[/QUOTE]

I bought one of these, and then I realized that the cheap CanTire inverter I already had did the same thing.
It irritated me because you had to hold down a button on the inverter before it would start up, but what it was doing was reading the battery and displaying the state of charge.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #38

Registry
LOL Glenn, yup reading all the instructions is sometimes not my strong point either.

I picked up my LED battery monitor from Princes Auto for about $20. The display is attached to the plug with a small wire so I mounted the display on the wall near the plug with double sided tape and only plug it in when I actually need it (dry camping). Like it as it has a small alarm that beeps to let me know before the battery level gets to 50% so I know to put out the solar panels. A small investment but returns are big.

Another great small gift is a small wireless indoor/outdoor digital thermometer. Put the small sensor in the fridge. The display that is also mounted on the wall tells me the fridge temp and the inside trailer temp. Helps to confirm all is well with the fridge in warm weather. I found one with a sensor that is only about 2" x 2" so it doesnt take up much space in the fridge and the wall display is not much bigger.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #39

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
A friend gave Dave an annual state park pass for his (December) birthday last year. A gift we enjoyed all year!

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #40

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Lynn, you should be able to find some at a quilting shop that carries the Laurie Wishbrun designs called Roughing It which can be seen at the Robert Kaufman website.
Shows not available until January 2013. I've found a few more, might start a thread in hobbies on camping/trailer fabric and quilts.