Favorite part of your camper? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #41

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
I like the part of my boler where I don't have to pack things up wet!
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #42

Name: Alex
Trailer: 1999 Casita 16' "Snufkin"
California
King size bed in our Casita

Who knew that such a little trailer could fit such a big bed inside!

Sleeping on a smaller bed than your home bed is one of these things that are very hard to go back to, especially on Vacation. Limits your hotel choices severely!

Thank God for Casita's King bed!
Alex in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #43

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Favorite part

Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
I don't know about the rest of you but my favorite part is the fiberglass shell which keeps things dry and lightweight. The "stuff" that gets put inside of it is easy enough to find in other types of RVs. Having fiberglass, a lightweight but strong shell that is not prone to a lot of leaky seams is the one essential thing that sold me on it.

Beds, toilets, stoves, showers, blah, blah, blah, those are easy to manage even when you camp out of a car.

The Roof
Our roof does not leak. Our windows don’t leak and neither do any of the vents etc. Bringing me to my favorite thing. A good hard rain with big drops that sound like ping pong balls bouncing on the roof. And secondly setting under the awning in a light rain on a hot summer afternoon with a cold beer watching birds feeding in nearby weeds. Finally, Ever camp along a trout stream and listen to a trout feeding frenzy about dark, with your daily limit in the cooler or your belly full and the skeletons of a couple of 14 inchers in a nearby dumpster? That’s camping to me.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #44

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I just love the compactness of it, that everything i need is right there. It’s a comforting place to just sit. Like Dave, we love being in our trailer when it rains! In fact, if rain is forecasted and I don’t have to work the next day, we pretend we’re camping and spend the evening playing games and sleeping in it with both dogs (our trailer is behind a fence in our side yard). I suspect there are others out there as weird as us!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #45

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I'd have to say the two burner stove is my favorite part.

My mom went with me on my maiden voyage in my new-to-me 1992 Scamp 13' and she encouraged me to use my indoor stove for the first time. I was nervous about it, not sure why....but after frying some bacon (the pre-cooked stuff from Costco), and scrambling those eggs that first morning, seeing my mom's eyes light up when I served her bacon and eggs, just warms my heart and I will always remember that trip. She brought her toaster and made the toast for us.

I need to take my mom camping again.
lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #46

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
We love our Casita. One favorite part is pulling into a campground and being totally set up in about 10 minutes....then watching a 35ft. trailer or motor home pull in next to me and take 2 hours to set up while I sip a beer. Another favorite.....camping along the Oregon coast with my wife and two dogs....and beer...did I mention beer? Safe travels to all!!
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #47

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
The kitchen. I come to the Scamp from a backpacking history, and having a two burner stove, sink and big fridge with cold beer is a luxury that I never had while backpacking.
northwinds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #48

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I thought about the answer to this for a while, and I've decided that my favorite part of the trailer is the comfy bed. Because I spend 1/3 of my camping trips in that bed. Of the remaining 2/3 of those hours, very little is actually spent inside the trailer. I'm either driving or hiking or bicycling or sitting outside or whatever.

Other than that, the trailer itself as a whole is wonderful because it keeps out the rain and bugs and wind while I sleep, eat, etc.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #49

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
I did the original post. Like to add an update, my wife's favorite part. She has made it her "SHE SHED". It's in our back yard plugged in. She writes so when we aren't camping, she has the AC going & she is in her own world.
We are both retired, so I think she use's it to get away from me. HAHA
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #50

Name: Judith
Trailer: Eriba Puck
NC
I towed a small Eriba Puck behind my VW camper. My favorite thing was I had a two room suite. Slept in the camper, "lived" in the trailor. Never had to build a bed.
Judith Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #51

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
I'd have to say the two burner stove is my favorite part.

My mom went with me on my maiden voyage in my new-to-me 1992 Scamp 13' and she encouraged me to use my indoor stove for the first time. I was nervous about it, not sure why....but after frying some bacon (the pre-cooked stuff from Costco), and scrambling those eggs that first morning, seeing my mom's eyes light up when I served her bacon and eggs, just warms my heart and I will always remember that trip. She brought her toaster and made the toast for us.

I need to take my mom camping again.
AWW So sweet.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #52

Name: Nick
Trailer: Escape 17B
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Just curious here. What is the advantage of a swivel chair? To me or seems you give up storage space with no need can see to swivel.

Maybe I am just used to bench seats where 4 can sit, and turning the seating space into lounging space, or an additional bed, as needed.
We enjoyed swivel chairs in our Chinook, but find that two of those pillows with arms on them ($20 at Walmart) turn the uncomfortable bench seats into seating on par with the nicest swivel chairs. Moreover, we move these pillows into opposite sides of the bed in the rear of our Escape 17, turning the space into lovely lounge area with 180 degree visibility. Or we place them side to side, prop the computer between us on a box, and watch videos.Also like the kitchen area and wet bath, all in a bug free setting.

Just returned from 6 weeks in Oregon, Washington, ND Michigan. Skied in Glacier National Park two weeks ago!
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:03 PM   #53

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
well several good comments here. The bathroom thing can be handy. ;-)

I certainly like a known quantity to stay in. I do very much dry camping in unusual places. And the camper make that possible. Of course the fact I can do my ham radio stuff from it conveniently. Am working on an article on how I have it rigged up. I like being able to cook good food where I go.

But my #1 thing I like is the fact that I don't have to pack right before I leave and then unpack as soon as I am home. I use my camper as kind of my go bag. I have about a weeks clothing in it. I have my medications and I keep a pack of bottled water. I have dry and canned food. Now I prefer to take some perishables with me. But if need by I can do without. If I am going where water will be a problem I take it full of water with a full set of jugs. I can be 4-5 days on scene without any problems. But all that adds only about an hour to my time to leave.

I have a heavy duty generator. I can run my scamp and several other things all from a generator I can easily take with me. Emergeny sites love that. More than once my scamp has been given the all sign "bunk house" because that was where people were catching some sleep inside when they needed a break.

But with all of that getting ready to go is mostly done well before I go. Then when I get home I don't have to unload the car or anything. OK wet laundry needs to be handled. And I either need to get on shore power, start the propane for the frig or empty it. That takes like 30 minutes. The rest of the cleaning and the like, that can happen later.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #54

Name: Rebecca
Trailer: Parkliner
Ohio
Parkliner love

As in the previous post, I love almost everything about my Parkliner: tall ceiling height, loads of storage, versatile u-shape seating, dining and sleeping arrangements, awning windows, wet bath, and kitchen all in a 15’ overall package. If I had to pick just one feature, it would be the wooden screen door. It just makes the whole trailer smile.
DavenBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:21 AM   #55

Name: Herb-in-FL
Trailer: looking to buy
Florida
Favorite Part

For JGillium1955. On. 11 July 2019

Thank you for such an interesting post, about what is one's favorite part of their trailer.

It got such a wealth of responses.

For a person such as myself who is looking to buy a trailer for the first-time, such personal input from owners greatly helps me focus on the "important" things to consider.

Thanks again,
Herb
Herb-in-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:56 AM   #56

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Not sure anyone above has yet mentioned this about the fiberglass trailers: people, strangers, children are interested in them. Me, too! Sure, we really like touring them at the various gatherings when there's Open House time. It's one of the reasons to go.

But we've also given a number of surprise tours, had a number of people hail us even at a stoplight on a city street to ask about Peanut. What IS it? How does it work? Can I...? I know lots of us have experienced this interest.

Within a half hour of our buying Peanut we stopped at a rest area and a family pulled up in their car and offered to buy it. I'm sure they weren't serious, but their interest made a fun moment for us.

Paul's quick to say come on in, but I've had to put my foot down. If I'm sleeping, naked, or using the porta-potti, no tours! If we've stopped briefly in a loading zone, no tours. If Peanut is a tossed salad inside, give me five or ten minutes to tidy up.

But mostly we both enjoy and even love answering questions and letting people have a good look.

BEST
"K"
Old 07-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #57

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
I love my Dometic RM8551 refrigerator. It is such an inconsistent performer I can never be certain it will cool on propane for the duration of any trip. Like once again, last week. It was great on shore power. Then, it went up to 60 degrees when dry camping and 5 dots on propane. Thank the stars at Dometic for making me keep an ice chest in the truck. Very convenient. Guess I'll have to clean out that little orifice at the burner once again, and hope it doesn't fall out into the grass where I will never ever find it and have to pay Dometic $45bucks for another one.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #58

Registry
MyronL: pardon me, but is your post a teeny, tiny bit on the sarcastic side?

LOL!

"K"
Old 07-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #59

Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Ventura 1974
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
I'm with p@, that I love the entirety of Peanut, including its graphics outside, name, and color scheme inside. I like the storage including the front putin, the wheels, the all-electricness, and the weight and size. I love going out there during the day when at home, and just feeling tension drain away. I love the potential trips, the feeling we're not limited to someone else's beds and toilets in hotels, and the freedom to let our dog get on the furniture. I love that we own it free and clear, and that we redid it from the frame and skin up (and that so many helped us so kindly). I love the electric cooler, microwave, and especially our decorative tin signs.

Now if my back would finish healing and we could only go camping again...

Meanwhile, I love it as a little retreat in the driveway for Paul, and I love having it parked out there, like a little symbol of our being retired and financially at ease without having had to spend a ton of money or give up a lot of driveway space.

BEST,
Kai
Perfectly said!! :-)
Cynthia
Cynthua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #60

Registry
Cynthia,

Thanks! I don't get that every day! (I don't get that every year!)

BEST
"K"