Favorite Trailer Feature - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2009, 04:48 AM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Jim... "I'll never tell"... It's my best self portrait!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #22

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
For me it has turned out to be the closet. It holds bulky items like my small wet/dry vac. and extra boots. It also holds a set of hanging shelves for clothes and has a permanent place for my snowmobile suit and coveralls that are for emergencies. All nicely stored out of the way.
Bruce
HerseyBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #23

Trailer: 73 Boler (modified)
I don't know if i can pick just one thing...

Being a yukoner, I enjoy being bear proof. however now that i live on the south shore of nova scotia, you are apparently lucky to see a bear in your lifetime.

given that, I enjoy being warm and dry all the time, I like cards on the table and 'wobbly pops' at night, and the outside light...plus camp neighbor envy is always nice...

3-way fridge changed my life - house power the night before we leave, 12volt on the road, and propane in the woods. no more ice cubes floating around a cooler.

BUT I think the thing i love the most about My boler over a tent, STANDING UP. it's the little things you take for granted, like putting on a pair of jeans in the morning when you can actually stand up completely.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #24

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
I can get up get coffee brewing& get out to let MOMMA sleep in.
must
teach
pups
this
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #25

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Jim Bennett went right where I was gonna go... I was fixing to say "the Hitch." 'cause then we can GO!!!!!!!

Seriously, we love the upper b'room in the 5er, and the bath and shower. and.. and... and... and...

It's ALL GOOD.
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #26

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Escape B / RAV4 (19 ft74 13 ft Boler for sale)
Hmmm...so many things, but foremost would be staying dry. Hiking in the rain is much more fun when you know a cozy dry egg awaits you.
Standing up is nice too. With the years has come morning creakiness, which shakes off more readily when you can fall out of bed into a standing position
And being turn key ready, whether it's for a quick stop on the way, or arriving to camp at night...no set up!!
I haven't completely given up my tent, but lately I thought I heard it singing that mop song. You know the one...."Don't you want me baby"
Deb H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #27

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
The opportunity to simply ask, "Where are we going this summer?" I am not a tent camper, so before we got the UHaul (or actually the previous Burro) , it was a question of whether or not we could afford all the hotel rooms, usually not. Now, since I am a glamper, it is a question of where the campgrounds that have electrical hookups are (and preferably quiet, clean, and near antique stores).

And having the hubby take over the cooking for a couple of weeks on his propane stove!

CindyL

Old 04-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #28

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
BUT I think the thing i love the most about My boler over a tent, STANDING UP. it's the little things you take for granted, like putting on a pair of jeans in the morning when you can actually stand up completely.
When I went back to tent camping a few years before getting my egg, I bought a tent I could stand up in... they are out there now, not huge and heavy, and SO much nicer. I had an airbed and standing room. Not that I want to go back to a tent, but standing up is available in tents.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #29

Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Quote:
must
teach
pups
this
Once the Beagles learn how, tell them to pass it on to our Iggie, Isabella!
Pamela S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #30

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
I don't know if i can pick just one thing...
I'm with you. Now we're almost done re-modeling our trailer's interior there is a long list of stuff that I like, but perhaps the best things about our trailer are the couple of reasons we bought it in the first place.

1) It has a toilet.
2) It is warm at night.
3) You can go to the toilet at night without getting dressed, bundled up and still get ![at]#% cold.

These are the things that we bought a trailer for, and I am sure my wife would list them as the top, best, most important things in our trailer, but they are not my favorite trailer features.

My favorite trailer feature is because of things one, two, and three my wife will go camping with me.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #31

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Quote:
My pop top. I like being able to close it at night for warmth, and pop it open in the morning and stick my head up like a groundhog looking for sun. Plus it allows for good ventilation and the trailer still fits in the garage.
What he said....plus walls when the wind blows - WHAT A PLUS!

This is our first trailer after DECADES of tent camping. It's been nice to be able to hole up and cook something warm for the family all sheltered from the elements together.

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 AM   #32

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Quote:
Hi: All... On a serious note, a full time-full size queen bed with front to back orientation is #1 with us!!! I can get up get coffee brewing& get out to let MOMMA sleep in.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
That's certainly my wife's favorite feature, although we're configured a wee bit differently!

For the 11 years we used the 17 the one discussion point that came up continually was the *inconvenience* of not being able to use the dinette and the bed independently. Boy, are we spoiled!
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #33

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
That's certainly my wife's favorite feature, although we're configured a wee bit differently!

For the 11 years we used the 17 the one discussion point that came up continually was the *inconvenience* of not being able to use the dinette and the bed independently. Boy, are we spoiled!
Sounds familiar with our Bigfoot 17.5CB. What made you decide to skip the Bigfoot 21' and go with the larger 25RQ?
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #34

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
the full time bed
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #35

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
I started in a tent, then got married and discovered the 13' Boler. What a pleasure. Nice bed, inside cooking, dinette. Had to boil water for dishes and baths but I do vividly remember my new bride skinny dipping in the lake
and then taking a quick rince. I even built an outside toilet and shower stall that we carted around. Then we found a 17' Boler. Heaven! Fridge, oven, furnace, toilet/shower, hot water! We did a lot work on that trailer with upgrades and replacements. Then we moved sideways to the 17' Bigfoot. Only because it was better quality but no real amenity improvement. Last week we were out in our new 2008, 25' FB Bigfoot. Everything is much grander. Full size, full time queen bed, larger toilet ( no more backing in. very large fridge, larger holding tanks, more cargo space than we can fill, love seat, air con. But probably the most desirable is the insulated holding tanks, walls and windows that allow 3+ season camping. The next trailer will be the 40' 5th wheel with 10 slideouts, deck, dishwasher, cloths washer/dryer, recliner rockers in the living room, island in the kitchen, wood stove and hot tub in the bathroom.
Tamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #36

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
I agree with several of the previous posters, my favorites are the reasons I moved/graduated up from being a tent camper into my little Compact:

1. I have my own bathroom, no lines to wait in, no long walks across the campground, no digging holes, NONE of that! hehe

2. I have my own refrigerator, no ice chests to deal with, no ice to have to buy, no water to have to drain off, none of that either!

3. I have a bed I don't have to inflate before I use, I don't have to worry about it leaking down in the middle of the night, and just in general is much better than the old air mattress!

I LOVE tinkering with my rig too, it's always a bit of an adventure to figure out how to fix something that has broken or how to address something that I want to incorporate into it. For instance, it was a lot of fun adding my porch light last year! YAY! hehe
Happy Camping to you all!
Joe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #37

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Well, my favorite feature changes depending on the time of day and year...

At 2am in February it is hands down the porta-potti...

The rest of the time probably the awning.

Of course, Gina has my favorite response to the Sticky/Big Rig folks when they invariably say:
"Well, It's all you need."

Then we say "Oh, and it's paid for."
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #38

Quote:
Sounds familiar with our Bigfoot 17.5CB. What made you decide to skip the Bigfoot 21' and go with the larger 25RQ?
It seemed inevitable that we would end up with the 25' anyway, so we skipped the "interim" 21!

We're all set for retirement now.... so the countdown begins...
Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #39

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
It seemed inevitable that we would end up with the 25' anyway, so we skipped the "interim" 21!

We're all set for retirement now.... so the countdown begins...
Inevitable is the sense that I somewhat feel as well. Is it the bed especially that drew you to that conclusion? Besides the bed we also didn't much care for the kitchen layout and prefer the sink being on the camp side and refrigerator on the service side like the 17.5CB and 25RQ. The only downside of course with the 25' is the size. We never intend to camp for extended periods of time (longer than 2 weeks) and thought the 21' would be a good compromise.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Inevitable is the sense that I somewhat feel as well. Is it the bed especially that drew you to that conclusion? Besides the bed we also didn't much care for the kitchen layout and prefer the sink being on the camp side and refrigerator on the service side like the 17.5CB and 25RQ. The only downside of course with the 25' is the size. We never intend to camp for extended periods of time (longer than 2 weeks) and thought the 21' would be a good compromise.
Steve, we needed the larger model anyway (yes, the layout is the same as our 17 CB and we like that), to ensure that the whole family (4) can sleep inside when we travel. The walk around rear queen is a nice feature I'll have to admit, but it was the whole package that we like. I'll bet that the 21 and the 25 are very similar to tow and park...once you're used to them. We are spoiled!