Felt Like a Stalker! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Felt Like a Stalker!

LOL, today I was at the library with my kids and in the parking lot was a 13 ft Scamp w/awning being towed by a silver Toyota Rav4 with Massachusetts Plates and a spare tire cover that read "Naked Face Records.com. I've seen this combo before, once the other day on the road and once last year in the Barnes and Noble Parking lot. Now the plan was to drop the girls off for an hour so my oldest who volunteers at the library could help with the Christmas Crafts and my youngest could participate while I went to the store. Instead I decided to peruse the Library and see if I could pick out the owners. How long could it take right? I eliminated the folks with kids as I figure it had to be snowbirds given the time of year I've seen the trailer. There were 2 different women swapping their books for others at the $1.00 sale bin so I thought that was a possibility. No dice, they both left. Then there was a gentleman reading the paper and I heard another gentleman ask for the financials as he wanted to check his stocks as he hasnt had access lately. I thought for sure this was it! Nope, he left too after awhile. I watched the computers thinking maybe they were catching up with email, bills, this group etc but no luck. So, 2 hrs later the kids were done, I hadnt made it to the store for something for dinner, and I still didnt know who owned the trailer! I even sat in my minivan knitting (I'd parked beside the trailer so there was no way I'd miss the owners). When I went back in to get the girls nobody was in the library that had been there when we first arrived. The only thing I could think of was maybe the owners parked it there and had somebody pick them up. So the challenge continues. One day I will meet these folks, LOL.

So, what's the longest you've ever hung around "stalking" a trailer to meet the owner? LOL.

Melissa
Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I wonder if the people were simply inside the trailer... does the library have wifi? If so they could be surfing from the comfort of their egg.

Can't say that I have ever 'stalked' a trailer owner.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #3

OMG, I never thought about that!! I tried to peek in the windows but all the curtains were closed. The little window on the Driver's side was open a little as was the roof vent. I also noticed their door was not completely shut. Not enough to see in but enough I could tell it wasnt latched. Oh I hope they were not wondering why this woman kept looking at their trailer, LOL. Surely they would have come out and said something. Guess they could have been napping too!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I tow an Escape 17B with a RAV4 (V6 & Tow Package). 20K miles so far & I love the combination.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:33 AM   #5

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Maybe somebody will post a new thread called "Have you ever been stalked in your trailer at the library?" and we'll have our answer.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:02 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi:melissab... Maybe they had found some "How to" manuals in the DIY section of the Library and were reading up on future repairs???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #7

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
I prefer the direct approach. I just leave a note under a windshield wiper (parking ticket style) with my contact information and mention my common interest. If they want to talk with me, they'll call.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #8

Trailer: 2008 13 ft Scamp
A true stalker would use the website to find out more about them. Forget I said that.

-John
John Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #9

Well they sure were hiding somewhere then b/c I watched e'body leave and nobody who was still in the library when I left was there when I arrived. I even asked somebody if it was an employee/volunteer trailer, lol.

Just for fun I googled the website "Naked Faces Records" on the spare tire and the name "Lizzy Pitch" which was on a bumper sticker on the trailer and it's an Indie music group. Hmmmmmm, maybe I should have been looking for Hipsters, LOL! OMH, look at this video and tell me it's not a Scamp! It's 1:46 in! You dont suppose it's her Scamp????? I Bet it is! Well now I feel stupid, had I watched the entire video first I would have seen the Scamp and Toyota RAV4, LOL.

Good idea about a note! Next time I see it I'll try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi:melissab... Maybe they had found some "How to" manuals in the DIY section of the Library and were reading up on future repairs???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 12-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Nice rainbow they caught there, with eggy foreground.

Hey, maybe they saw you out there and were afraid you were another band groupie! Little did they know you were just a FG egg groupie.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Your tale made me laugh.......I have been guilty of trailer stalking and it felt just like that when I was doing it! Have met some nice people doing so, other times never caught up with the people. I too have gone into a store, etc wondering who owned the trailer in the parking lot. I once followed a lovely restored Trillium out of Port Townsend for miles, right into a park and got to see a beautiful trailer and meet some lovely folks.......as most Egg owners are!

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think all molded trailer owners should have personal biz cards. NOT with personal information, but contact info... maybe a throw away e-mail address.. but, at least some way for folks to make contact. I usually put my phone number on the BACK if I presenting it personally to people I wish to stay in contact with. Remember, you never know where a business card may end up.. so don't put your personal info on it! Here's a whole topic about it and my personal biz card http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...html#post76951
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #13

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I agree with Donna, cards are a nice thing to carry. Here's a look at the card I carry while traveling and hand out.
Attached Thumbnails
travel card.PNG  
Old 12-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #14

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman
I agree with Donna, cards are a nice thing to carry. Here's a look at the card I carry while traveling and hand out.
You can get a simple url for your blog that is easy to use and remember. Something like

thedonpod.com

or whatever you call your travel page. Much easier than all the extra dots and slashes. Forward that to your blog or travel page. Make it easy for your readers. Godaddy.com has them for around $11 annually.

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #15

Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon

You can get a simple url for your blog that is easy to use and remember. Something like

thedonpod.com
Or write it with "www." added...

www.thedonpod.com

and it will usually be clickable for the reader.

The Don Pod
Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #16

Great Idea on the cards! Never thought of that.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #17

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D.
I think all molded trailer owners should have personal biz cards. NOT with personal information, but contact info... maybe a throw away e-mail address.. but, at least some way for folks to make contact.
www.gotprint.com
... makes a really nice card, shipped for less than twenty bucks. These are nice, thick, coated cards that leave a good impression, as opposed to the cheap, thin vistaprint cards you get for free.

You only have one chance to make a good, first impression. Spend a few bucks for your nice personal business card.

The Don Pod
Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #18

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Not the stalker- but the stalkee

We were stalked,kind of, in a gas station in Illinois. A man watched as we got gas, washed our truck windows and walked around and checked the tires and door on the Casita. I had seen him watching us as soon as we pulled in. Just before we got in the truck, here he comes.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #19

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
[QUOTE=Ricky 4;280094]We were stalked,kind of, in a gas station in Illinois. A man watched as we got gas, washed our truck windows and walked around and checked the tires and door on the Casita. I had seen him watching us as soon as we pulled in. Just before we got in the truck, here he comes.
He wanted to know what kind of trailer and what were we hauling. when we told him it was our travel trailer, he wanted to see the inside and he was amazed. We talked for quite awhile, answered questions and gave him the grand tour. He was couldn't believe we had everything we needed in a 13 ft. Camper.
Another believer!
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #20

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
www.gotprint.com
... makes a really nice card, shipped for less than twenty bucks. These are nice, thick, coated cards that leave a good impression, as opposed to the cheap, thin vistaprint cards you get for free.

You only have one chance to make a good, first impression. Spend a few bucks for your nice personal business card.
I make my own, using my own picture. Print up however many I think I might need. If I run out I print up some more. If I want to change something for some reason it's easy to do. I've changed my cards many times and print up card for different purposes. I print a small quantity to give to my neighbors about the time we leave on long trips that contain full contact information, which I don't give out to the people I meet while traveling.

Blank perf stock can be purchased almost anyplace. Free software is available from Avery.com.