FGRV Easter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
We've just decided to get our FGRV out of winter storage on Easter Sunday! I am so excited!

Hey-la, hey-la, my Boler's back!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
Nothing like an easter egg! Have fun!
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Oh Maggie.. that puts you in your room for a VERY long time.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:50 AM   #4

I was expecting a mandatory point deduction for obvious humor. But This?!? Somebody bring me a cake with a file in it
Old 04-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I was expecting a mandatory point deduction for obvious humor. But This?!? Somebody bring me a cake with a file in it
Shouldn't that be an Easter Egg with a file???
Old 04-07-2006, 12:22 PM   #6

Anything! Come quick it's dark in here

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread:
Charlynn, I really am happy for you.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Yea Charlynn!

Mine in the driveway....but with all the rain we've had it might as well have been in storage. Maybe some day soon the sun will shine and I can work on it!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #8

Where is this ROOM all these funny people are sending themselves to? I want to go there too!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Maybe some day soon the sun will shine and I can work on it!
I feel a song comming on...

The sun will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun...
Old 04-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #10

We picked up our Pet Boler from the kennel today, couldn't wait til the weekend.

It was POURING rain on the drive there, but as the Boler was towed majestically out of the pen, the sun burst through in a glorious (insert Opera/choir singing here) show of golden promise.

The D'oh! Report:
Don't forget to open the fridge door! The small drops of water and crumbs in there over the long dark mild winter have grown into advanced lifeforms, cultures with language, elaborate costumes and complex rituals! Time to get out the Javex.

Sawdust! Oh my, what does that mean? Could be good honest construction debris (we built a wooden counter extension above that corner last spring). Was the sawdust just covered by the food box all summer OR I have discovered a new rare breed of Giant Northern Termites that I can write up in Scientist Today? I swept it up, will monitor activity around the clock, set up a spy-cam.

We've only had it back for an hour, so that's all to report for now.

Monitors: please make available a smiley that indicates opera/choir singing. Thank you.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:24 AM   #11

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
So, Charlynn, do tell! What was the sawdust from that you found? How bad was the refrigerator. Was everything else alright?

I was dreaming about Lovely Lovey last night and I can't remember if I left the refrigerator open!!! Oh, Lord, please make it so!!!

I can't wait, either! Tomorrow is the day!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! (You're my kind of girl, opera lover here as well, btw!)

I can't wait to open the door, smell the slight musty smell that will no doubt be there after no sunlight and fresh air for months! I can't wait to get the cleaning supplies out, the vacuum, the touch up paint and dig in. Lovely Lovey is always best after this first day!

I may even buy an electric polisher today at Walmart with some Penetrol and see if I can't bribe DH to work on the exterior.

The rockguards need the logo, maybe even a new scene...sign...I can't wait to give her a hug!!!

sniff, sniff...you sure can make a girl all weepy this morning, Charlynn! Thanks for sharing!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:42 PM   #12

A quick stop at the RV maintenance place and many $$$ later... phew! Wow! Big numbers!

The guys did call me on my cell soon after I brought the Boler in, saying, "We'll need to order a (Charlie Brown teacher language) for the (wha wha wha bwa), $80 each."

"Yes, sure!" I said. (Parts for the brakes. Probably necessary, eh?)

The broken toilet was not fixed (it was original to 1978) but replaced with the coolest hippest smoothest most lovely RV toilet you could imagine. I mean, you could swoon over its yacht-like lines, so sleek! Then there's the dual-foot-pedals: one to let in water, one to flush. I can hardly wait!

Next -- ooh, la la, a working porch light! Broken since we bought the Boler two years ago, now glowing all cheerfully and helpfully.

A person should have long glamourous fingernails, like the Spokesmodels on The Price is Right to show these items off. "It's a .. NEW PORCH LIGHT! Your new porch light features a handy switch on the exterior as well as an interior switch for ultimate convenience."

So this sunny windy afternoon, I was out there in the carport, lovingly cleaning and gel coating the exterior. Smooth! So shiny! Such a pretty pretty thing!