Fiberglass Class Cs? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-29-2016, 01:37 AM   #43

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeser View Post
"...When I get out to one of the rallies I could hold a seminar on caulking and how to make it look pretty as well as being properly sealed..."

That's a skill I'm definitely lacking and would very much like to learn. I wonder, is it possible for you to post a video on the subject?
I won't be doing any videos featuring myself. But maybe I can persuade a friend to be the actor. He is excellent at making beautiful fillets.

I did find that Pro flex sets up very quickly and that makes it difficult to get it smoothly tooled into a nicely shaped fillet. So a critical DIY tip is be sure to do the caulking very early in the morning before the day heats up and be sure to do it in the shade. Do not do it in direct sun or in hot temperatures as you are setting yourself up for a major frustration.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:20 AM   #44

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1464697151.479068.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	95750
Vixen 21. An all Mildred moterhome

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Old 05-31-2016, 07:21 AM   #45

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
That's molded, spellchek!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #46

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bster13 View Post
My research has been almost exclusively about fiberglass (egg) travel trailers. I'm adamant with my SO that we purchased a fiberglass RV of some sort due to long term longevity of them vs. stick built RVs (Living Stingy: The RV Industry's Dirty Litle Secret: Quality).

But... we've never RVed before and we're not quite sure what we will prefer while fulltiming (truck and trailer vs. class C most likely), and to be honest, the interior space of a class C and price point is appealing.

So since I haven't come across much info on it yet, I'll ask...are there modern, fiberglass class Cs out there? Are they fiberglass all the way through (wood bad! )? Or are they just a fiberglass cap on the entire roof (that could be decent) or partial fiberglass on the overhanging cab (not as enthused)? Seems like if you prevent water intruding from the top, you ~may~ just be fine with the walls being stick built?
https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/rvs/5610884766.html
A 1998 "Born Free" just showed up on the Seattle craigslist. Just over 100k miles but body and interior look to be in good shape and they say "everything works". The location of the motorhome is on Bainbridge Island (very upscale location) which is a ferry ride across Puget Sound from downtown Seattle. You can get to Bainbridge Island by bus or train or shuttle service from the airport into downtown and then walk right onto the ferry. No doubt the sellers would meet you at the boat as that as it is pretty much normal for everyone who lives there to be running folks back and forth to the boat. So the sellers would not consider that a big imposition. There is a motel and plenty of bed and breakfast places on the island. There used to be a big RV dealer and repair center near there, Poulsbo RV, so getting it serviced regularly would not have been difficult for the previous owners.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:40 AM   #47

Name: Paul
Trailer: '07 Scamp 16' SD
Wisconsin
www.coachhouserv.com

They seem like nice rigs

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-03-2016, 09:10 AM   #48

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennco View Post
They're gorgeous, but even ten year old used models with 50k miles start at $50k and up.