Finally found a 5er - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Bronco 800/Trail-Lite 521
Arizona
Registry
Finally found a 5er

After constantly monitoring the For Sale and Referral forums here I took to the web for a 2 month search. My query was a Molded Fiberglass unit, but the best source for them is on this site. My quest was to find the lightest and roomiest 5er within a reasonable distant from No. AZ. I finally found a 21ft Trail-Lite Bantam by R-Vision. Though not a Molded unit it is Fibergalass. It has a Hybrid tip out in the back adding 4 ft of length (full size bed), that should come in handy for stretching room for the 2 cats. UTW is 2960# with a GTW of 4400#. My 96 GMC is towing equipped from factory at 7500#. My main goal was to keep the towing burden on the truck to a minimum, and of coarse that will reflect in better fuel economy and more longivity. The 5er is a well maintained unit that should serve us for years to come. Our first outing will be to Lake City CO. Aug. 1st. Our plan this winter is to move from the Snow country here in Northern AZ. to the Colorado river area from Nov.to Apr. and migrate among the many LTVA's under the BLM's control. I'll check back in later with updates and Pic's when I put them together.
Tom H. AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
%th Wheel

You should take a look at Chris Murphy's 1984 Bigfoot 20ft 5th wheel trailer that has been completely rebuilt into a great camping rig, MOLDED FIBERGLASS.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
???

Quote:
.......and migrate among the many LTVA's under the BLM's control. I'll check back in later with updates and Pic's when I put them together.

LTVA - ???
BLM - ???

Thanks, D.
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Dave,
I think I have the riddle figured out: LTVA =Long term visitors area
BLM= BUREAU OF LAND Management

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Bronco 800/Trail-Lite 521
Arizona
Registry
No Riddle intened

Sorry; I've been looking at those BLM sites for some time now just got it circulating in my head as normal jargon .LTVA is much easier to spit out. Though not Boondocking the BLM facilities have some or all of the following: Showers, Trash, Water and Dump Stations and $160 for a 7 month pass and you can frequent any or all those sites (unrestricted) during that period, with the pass.
Tom H. AZ is offline   Reply With Quote