Finally Have Pix! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Finally Have Pix!

Well after my daughter and I spending 7+ hrs uploading and naming over 550 photos I finally have pix. The entire photo album is on Flickr with a link to it under Campout reports if you want to see beautiful North Shore waterfalls, Lake Superior, Roadside attractions like Paul Bunyan w/Babe his ox etc. Also pix of the Scamp factory are there too with the entire production process.
Attached Thumbnails
100_2220.jpg   100_2278.jpg  

100_2968.jpg   100_2974.jpg  

100_2966.jpg  
Old 06-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Link to melissab's post in Campout Reports
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post317003

Seems odd posting a link to a link to a link. Does that make it a cubed link?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #3

Trailer: Aliner
Your new trailer is absolutely gorgeous, Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
How did I miss you were getting a Scamp? Congratulations. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: melissab...Sniff sniff!!! We never even got to say "Good Bye" to the T@B.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
How did I miss you were getting a Scamp? Congratulations. Raz
I guess I did too. Congrats Melissa I'm sure you are really going to enjoy your new Deluxe.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #7

Thanks! We've already traveled over 2900 miles and slept 13 nights in her. We didnt need the A/C but one afternoon in Gatlinburg but did use the furnace a few times. Up near the Candadian Border we actually woke up to frost! Wore our jackets the entire time on the North Shore. Cant believe how well I sleep in the Scamp even in truck stops with all the noise/lights. Usually I'm a terrible sleeper and need the roar of the window unit A/C in my room to drowned out any sounds. A pin drop and I'm normally awake. Also the cushions are much firmer than my bed so thought that may be an issue. I guess with all the hiking to the wateralls and driving I was ready to sleep no matter what, lol. So nice to leave the windows open with the breeze blowing in and NO mosquitoes anywhere to be seen! Got out of Duluth just in time before the floods hit. The kids love hanging out on their bunks reading, journaling etc and there is plenty of room at the dinette for playing games, eating and any other acitivities. The 3 way fridge was so awesome for keeping all our food cold esp milk and lunchmeat which I worry about in coolers sometimes. Didnt have internet anywhere on the North Shore, apparenlty even most homes dont have it there. This was the only time I wished I had an internet enabled cell phone so I could have posted pix and kept up with the board. Been out of touch for 3 weeks!

The T@B went to a really nice gentleman in his 70's who travels all over doing the Civil and Revolutionary War Re-enactments at the State Parks. He said he just couldnt sleep on the ground any longer so once the tourists leave he'll sneak out of the Canvas Tent Replica and crawl into the wonderfully comfy T@b Bed. He also is ordering all new trim for it, replacing the old linoleum and basically refreshing her all around. So glad she will continue to be loved and cared for.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #8

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Sweet! Congratulations
Phil
Old 06-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #9

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
congratulations on the newest addition to your family! sleeping well is a bonus.
it's beautiful and so will be all the memories you will make in it.
does it have a name???
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Congrats, Melissa, on your new family member! Its a beauty!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #11

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Nice Scamp!

Before I bought my UHaul, I was very interested in a Scamp (about a year ago) Your new rig really looks nice and your trip to get it is well worth it!

I really like your wider front bunk that the Uhaul does not have...

Thanks for sharing the pics and Happy SCamping!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #12

Thank you e'body! She fits our family just perfect. Since my 16 y/o daughter is only 5 ft 1" and 100 lbs she actually prefers the top bunk (rated for at least 200lbs according to Scamp) and my youngest makes a club house out of the bottom bunk by hanging a blanket from the upper bunk. More than one night she was in there finishing up her movie (with headphones) after I'd tuckered out and went to sleep. My oldest had school work to finish up so she'd lay on her bunk with her laptop. And I slept great all by myself with nobody kicking or flopping on me lol. A couple of nights I stayed up late reading to finish a chapter or catching up my journal and the kids went to bed. No more e'body has to go to bed and get up at the same time. When we got home Hubby tried it out and can sit at the table comfortably, stand up fully and says the bed is big enough (54") so it passed, lol. I can even lay on the lower bunk with plenty of room.

Yes Theresa, she does have a name. We are going with a Patriotic/USA theme so her name is "Betsy Ross" or "Besty" for short. Our Mascot is a Betsy Ross Bear from Bearington Bear Co. I have an Americana style flag quilt for the rear dinette and a red/white/blue braded rug for the floor. Found some red with white stars and blue with white stars sheets and will use those on the bunks (blue on one bunk, red on the other). Looking for a patriotic propane tank cover. Found a USA RV Mat. If we do an awning it will be vintage style with wide red/white stripes. May see if I can find a screen room thats easy for me to put up and fits close enough to the Scamp instead. Only thing is they hide our cute eggs. I still cant believe I finally have one after 4 yrs!

The kids say this trip was the best ever. Last year while in WY we did Devil's Tower, Mt Rushmore and a couple of other things with my folks. So this trumped Gma/Gpa, WOW! Also my inlaws have taken the kids to Disney, Six Flags, Sea World, Dallas Zoo, Galveston and I dont even know where all. We've camped at Jellystone multiple times yet this was their favorite trip of all times. For my daughter's Sweet 16 in 12 days she wants to go camping! How cool is that???? Her choice, she is considering the FL Keys but it will be so hot unless you're in the water (which is also warm we discovered) or in the A/C so she may want to to a FL State Park that has the Springs at a constant 72 degrees and shade canopy.

I'm actually having withdrawals with my Egg at the storage facility. I'm going to go visit her today. I've ordered a cover off ebay but cant wait for it to arrive to go see her again, LOL.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #13

Trailer: Aliner
This is one of those happily ever after endings that just tickles me to death! I just couldn't have worked out better for you!

The springs sounds like a wonderful idea for cooling off in Florida heat. That water feels icy until you jump in and get it over with, but after that, it's heaven!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #14

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Congradulations Melissa on your beautiful new trailer! Awesome vacation and many more good times to come!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #15

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
Smile

Kudos to you,Melissa.
ScampBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #16

Trailer: Boler American
Registry
Scamp

Hi Melissa
Very nice scamp, hope you have many nice camping trips with it!
It looks like you rear bed is wider or deeper than a regular scamp.
Is it ?
JEAN-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #17

Yes it is Jean. It's the same length curb to street side but it's 10 inches wider. My bed is 54" wide instead of the standard 44" wide bed. Me and Hubby would not fit comfortably in a 44" wide bed as we are not small people. Well, I'm short but not exactly narrow, more fluffy, lol.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #18
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Oh, how FUN!! Thanks for sharing, Melissa!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote