Florida - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #43

Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Let me hear you repeat your temperature in 6 more months!! It gets way too hot in the summer there.
I'll take the three to five degrees hotter in July & Aug for the twenty degrees warmer in Dec. & Jan any time! (Above figures come from weather.com for average high monthly temperatures for Philadelphia PA area where I grew up, compared to Pensacola FL area where I now live.)

However, I'll agree with you when it comes to the inland areas like Orlando - once you get away from the moderating Atlantic or Gulf, it can be quite miserable.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #44

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Another FL winter feature is not simply the beautiful sunsets but the fact that they occur at 6PM instead of 4PM in NH.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #45

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Close Norm,
4:20 pm for NH and 5:30 for Miami, the days are longer the further south due to the earth's tilt. Enjoy the extra sunshine, wish you could bottle it up and take it north. How are you solar panels holding up, are they keeping your battery charged?
Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #46

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Jim,
Yes, the days are longer due to the earth's tilt. Interestingly Sunrise is about the same time in both locations. One important difference is the position in the time zone. Wauchula is near the end of the time zone and Hampton is near the beginning of the time zone.

My major concern with the panels has been the High Bond Tape. Would they hold the panels in place? It seems to be working fine. As well the batteries seem charged every night however it's not much of a test because we have full hookups though the Convertor is off.

Presently the batteries are only supporting the fridge fan (which we run most of the time), the lights and the air conditioner's fans. We have run the AC unit twice for a couple of hours, once when it was humid and a second time when Ginny was cooking a 3 burner meal and it just got too hot in the kitchen. Once we leave FL I think we'll have more severe tests of the solar panels.

I mentioned that we had a few places where we've lost some Red Max Pro 3 coverage - a couple of nickle sized spots on the rock shield and a few similar spots on the top front corners. At first I was suspicious of a poor wax removal process but now I'm not sure. Possibly little kicked up 'bits' because they're all on front facing surfaces. Regardless everyone who see's our rig this it's brand new because it glows. Like most imperfections, the builder sees them all... we're now up to 20 Scamp tours.

Sunset
Wauchula 5:43 PM, Hampton 4:19 Pm

Sunrise
Wauchula 7:17 AM, Hampton 7:14 AM

Happy New Year, wishing you the very best and miles of safe RVing

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote