Florida RV Super Show - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Florida RV Super Show

Is anyone going to the RV Super Show at the Florida State Fair Grounds this year. I went last year and was quite overwhelmed to tell you the truth. I did see a Bigfoot 21RB and I paid a lot of attention to that model. My 25RT should be showing up about a month after the show.

Last year they had an attendance of 74,000. It was kind of crazy really. They have some seminars I might try to attend if I don't get to claustrophobic. It is January 15th-19th.

https://www.frvta.org/show/florida-rv-supershow/
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
We went last year. On the good side, there is dry camping on site at a reasonable cost. On the bad side, its really just a show for traditionally built trailers, plus Good Sam and a few doodad sellers. Really not interested in all of that. And when the show was over, it was time to find a campsite in FL.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:33 PM   #3

Massachusetts
I am fairly close by at my daughters house. There are a few things I want to see so I will spend a little time there.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've attended the RV show held in Portland, Oregon. Went just to look. After about the 20th RV I walked through I started thinking who is designing these layouts? And the awful upholstery, color and plastic interior trim pieces. Too much brown, everything was brown. Why would anyone buy a trailer, with a slide, that the slide would need to go out to open the dang refrigerator? That would certainly prevent a quick stop while traveling to fix a sandwich. Gad.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Also
Gotta see if the closed slide blocks access to the bathroom.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:44 AM   #6

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Also
Gotta see if the closed slide blocks access to the bathroom.
Some do. The RV world near me leaves their used units open and when I am there to pick up parts and supplies I will check them out. some are quite useless when closed.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #7

Trailer: Amerigo
Wisconsin
We attended the show years ago and we had the good fortune of sitting right behind the shuttle driver. He told us to stay on after the first stop and get off at the back of the fairgrounds. What that did was take away from the crowd and put us in the very expensive rigs. It was nice to see all of them. Before the show was over we tried to go for s cond look and they were locked up. After asking why, they said they were sold! So many people never saw them. After the show we camped at Fort DeSoto, they kind of hide it from tourists so the locals have a place to go. We had stopped in and made a reservation in person prior to the show ( the only way you could do it) .
It was like camping on Gilligans Island!
We were mostly by ourselves!
bigangelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #8

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Fort DeSoto typically books months and months in advance. And they only have one loop that is pet friendly. Kind of weird, since many RV'rs have pets. I have tried many times to camp there, only got in one time for 3 days. Best camping in the St Pete area by far.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:24 AM   #9

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Fort DeSoto is a county operated facility, and Pinellas County residents are given priority. Because I typically don’t want to camp in areas close to home (nothing to see or do that I haven’t already seen or done), my daughter and SIL who live in St. Pete camp there with their children occasionally and have always gotten reservations when they wanted them. But I often hear from non-residents of Pinellas County getting in can be very difficult. Fortunately, there are many places in Florida to camp, but due to its “winter” climate, Florida is inundated with the species known as the “migrating northern RVing snowbird.” That is the primary reason that Fort DeSoto is fully booked at that time of the year. The place is almost “dead” during the summer months. But anyone in their right mind would avoid camping in Florida during the summer months.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote